Mom sues Monster energy drink over teen's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
http://news.yahoo.com/mom-sues-monster-energy-drink-124615323.html

What do you guys think about this?

I hate how one of the top comment right now is "Sorry, no sympathy from me. Too much of anything is a bad."

MONSTER energy drinks are clearly aimed at the same young crows who, back in my day might easily drink two regular sodas a day. Kids have replaced the soda with the energy drinks, while suffering more dire consequences. I remember when "coffee was for adults". Now caffeine's everywhere, and what is it flavored like, candy? Interesting....

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The problem of energy drinks is this :
When you drink it , it doesn't give you energy ,but simply takes the energy that is contained in your body and force use it right away ( when basically it's used in extreme starvation situations).

About the sue... I don't want to be mean or whatever, but the teen himself must understand what risk he's putting his body under. That's like shooting yourself in head, thinking that you will not die.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
The problem of energy drinks is this :
When you drink it , it doesn't give you energy ,but simply takes the energy that is contained in your body and force use it right away ( when basically it's used in extreme starvation situations).

About the sue... I don't want to be mean or whatever, but the teen himself must understand what risk he's putting his body under. That's like shooting yourself in head, thinking that you will not die.
I would have said it's more like Smoking Cigarettes, except that you've got to be 18 years old to buy those..... You could smoke 2 cigarettes a day and not die in 3 years, so.... What do you make of that?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would have said it's more like Smoking Cigarettes, except that you've got to be 18 years old to buy those..... You could smoke 2 cigarettes a day and not die in 3 years, so.... What do you make of that?
Well remember that 1) Each human's body takes different things differently (for one human - even one cigarette can be lethal , but others can smoke one package in one hour)

2)If you drink the energy drink a lot in one day it can be lethal.

EDIT: i just googled and found this : 63.98 cans of Monster Energy Drink is lethal
It's like impossible to do that even in one day D:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It says on every can that the recommended consumption is roughly just over 1 can

Totally their own fault I'm sorry to say

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yo, who do I sue if I rupture my kidneys after drinking tons of water?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Obviously whoever purified and produced the water in question.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Yo, who do I sue if I rupture my kidneys after drinking tons of water?
To me, I understand that it's a persons job to watch what they consume, but kids don't always exhibit self control and healthy dieting habits. The parents were ignorant to the harms, because as the the lawyer is saying, there wasn't adequate warning labels.

I don't personally drink them but since reading this article I've actually drank 2 red bulls and now I'm going to grab a third.... They taste like jolly ranchers by the way. Anyone here ever made that connection?

Last edited:
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To me, I understand that it's a persons job to watch what they consume, but kids don't always exhibit self control and healthy dieting habits. The parents were ignorant to the harms, because as the the lawyer is saying, there wasn't adequate warning labels.

I don't personally drink them but since reading this article I've actually drank 2 red bulls and now I'm going to grab a third.... They taste like jolly ranchers by the way. Anyone here ever made that connection?
You really shouldn't drink that shit...

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

On your third can read it

I bet it says somewhere recommended consumption is ...

I think some of the bigger cans have more than the recommended in them which is dumb

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
On your third can read it

I bet it says somewhere recommended consumption is ...

I think some of the bigger cans have more than the recommended in them which is dumb
On this 8.4oz can all it says is "not recommended for children, pregnant or nursing women and persons sensitive to caffeine."

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, It's people not paying attention to warnings that this happens too

Maybe not everywhere have the recommended consumption amount

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never drank the stuff myself. I thought it would be obvious that it'd be terrible for you, I didn't even know it had a warning label.

Nah, I'll just keep drinking my daily 2 shots of whiskey. Puts hair on your chest.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regular sized monster cans say the limit is 3 cans in a 24 hour period. You have to be a ******* moron to actually drink 3 a day, though. Monster tastes like shit, and Red Bull is shit, too. On top of that, they do absolutely nothing for me. I don't feel more alert, I don't feel buzzed. I feel like I swallowed gasoline. I don't drink soda for the same reason. If you want an energy drink that tastes delicious and will actually give you superpowers, try Spiked. It has 33,333% of your recommended daily b12 intake. It has to be good for you!

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Her son might've been 19 year old, but she apparently knew he drank at least 2 cans a day and did nothing to prevent it. It's bad parenting, not a lawsuit...

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hah. I have plenty of friends who go through at least 4-5 cans a day. It's pretty much the only thing they drink actively in a day apart from some water too. They taste quite good imo. I always keep 1-2 cans in the car for whenever I do long drives or late drives. I find that after drinking a can of Red Bull while I'm driving, after about 5 mins I feel it keeping me more alert and relieves me of drowsiness and can extend my safe driving distance for at least another 30 mins without having to stop.

I think the whole drinking 2 cans a day specified by the mom is bullshit. I bet you he was drinking more than that and her saying he drank more would make her look irresponsible, almost as if she condoned it.

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The can has a recommendation not to drink so many in a day, and to avoid it if you have health problems. If a parent is not noticing that their kid is powerhousing through energy drinks then that is their fault. I hate to be an ass about it, but unless that kid has a job and sneaks off to get him some Monster, then the parents had complete control of the situation and they screwed up.

And oh god Zeonix, Spiked Energy is crazy and pretty intense.

Also I'm horribly unhealthy and I'll usually get high, drink an energy drink, then light a cigarette. I'm Satan IRL

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't call it bad parenting, really. How much would you really scrutinize what your kid eats or drinks? And what about the phrase "energy drink" makes you think about it as unhealthy to begin with? To a parent, anyway. I know that energy = **** tons of caffeine in this case but most others wouldn't.

There's no real regulation on the sale of the stuff, like with alcohol or cigarettes and it's -right- next to the pop and tea's in my gas station so I wouldn't assume it was anything other than another form of soda pop if I were a parent.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, if I were a parent, I'd scrutinize just about everything consumed by my kid. Why? Because she or he is going to be a ******* physical and mental powerhouse and you don't put corn oil in a goddamn McLaren. Secondly, all it takes is 2 seconds of caring to turn the shit around and take a look at the ingredients. Its pretty clear its pure garbage. She's saying he drank two cans a day, a number that sounds like bullshit she's parroting from her lawyer, because a) if she's scrutinizing his drinking habits to the point where she knows how much of what hes consuming every day, and still let him drink it, she's an idiot and b) if he drank more than 3 a day, every day, apparently, which I'm about 99% he did, then its the kids fault and she's still an idiot.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why anyone drinks that stuff, I tried it once and felt like I was drinking poison. Shame about the kid, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom