Model options

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had this idea about when choosing classes, how about when you choose class (lets say goku) inside the info box there would be 1-4 numbers, these allow you to choose from 1-4 models (all contained in the model folders ex goku.mdl, goku-1.mdl, goku-2.mdl etc), the official release would use the same model copied 4 times, however if you replace one with a custom model, ingame when selecting that class you choose which you wish to use, this model number will also be sent across to all other clients, and will display the corresponding custom model that they have in place (eg i selected goku-3.mdl, on their computer whichever model they have for goku-3.mdl will be displayed as me) on their computer. This would vary the amount of models used, and would be more interesting also i quite like a few models but i dont want to use them because there are others which i prefer, also if it were possible maybe you could add sprite, transform and sound configurations too, also vgui displays too if thats possible. It would all be clientside and this would mean you could add more characters without changing the coding and overall it would mean that its more visually customisable. I think this mod being so customisable is one of the advantages over most mods, and if this were implemented, i think there would be a lot of happy people.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mmm, something like bfp rc1 till rc3.
it's possable but the team doesn't botter looking in sugestions anyway, i wonder wy they have an sugestion forum.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe the team has always checked the suggestions, just because they dont post doesnt mean they dont look infact they just integrated something into the game that someone suggested

now for the suggestion, so what your saying is that you want to triple the already ridiculous ammount of models the team has to do!?

there are nine characters about 3-4 transes each thats almost 27-36 (somewhere inbetween) models they have to do if they have to reskin the models to make 2 more they have to work on almost 80-90 models its gonna be long enough for 1.3 to come out already

Best answers
Ooh... that's a good idea. There are a lot of good models for the same characters and such...

Uh... he didn't say anything about adding different models. He said all four models could be the Goku model (SAME MODEL) and people can add their own custom models...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
now for the suggestion, so what your saying is that you want to triple the already ridiculous ammount of models the team has to do!?

there are nine characters about 3-4 transes each thats almost 27-36 (somewhere inbetween) models they have to do if they have to reskin the models to make 2 more they have to work on almost 80-90 models its gonna be long enough for 1.3 to come out already
cummon, u really think im that stupid? -_- read what i wrote again

Best answers
What i think would be fair for the team and the players is they allow to have 3 slots. 1 being the default and the other 2 being custom. That way the team doesnt have to make any more models cause they do enough as it is.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*cough* I edited it to avoid any confusion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I had this idea about when choosing classes, how about when you choose class (lets say goku) inside the info box there would be 1-4 numbers, these allow you to choose from 1-4 models (all contained in the model folders ex goku.mdl, goku-1.mdl, goku-2.mdl etc), the official release would use the same model copied 4 times, however if you replace one with a custom model, ingame when selecting that class you choose which you wish to use, this model number will also be sent across to all other clients, and will display the corresponding custom model that they have in place (eg i selected goku-3.mdl, on their computer whichever model they have for goku-3.mdl will be displayed as me) on their computer. This would vary the amount of models used, and would be more interesting also i quite like a few models but i dont want to use them because there are others which i prefer, also if it were possible maybe you could add sprite, transform and sound configurations too, also vgui displays too if thats possible. It would all be clientside and this would mean you could add more characters without changing the coding and overall it would mean that its more visually customisable. I think this mod being so customisable is one of the advantages over most mods, and if this were implemented, i think there would be a lot of happy people.
It's a really good idea, but I'd rather not delay 1.3 more than it already is. Maybe in the mini 1.4 release they could add that in :/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
delay it? I don't think this would delay it at all. Rather, this would make 1.3 a lot better then its going to be. Imo, this is one of the best ideas ever. I hope the team looks into this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell yeah, Majin Druu suggested something like this too. I think it would be great. As long as amateur modellers keep pumping out 'alternative character' models, you could have 4x as many characters as there are in each current release. Goku could be Goku (uniform), Goku (Saiyan armour), Turles, Bardock for example. And because it's clientside there's no problems, you wouldn't have to download or upload models from/to the server. Excellent, as with Druu's I award thee a 10/10.

Best answers
I liek teh idea, it would cut back on alot of frustration when wnating to put in new modles, but wanting to keep teh orginals as well

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounds like a great idea to me, David. :)

More customization means more community coming in to fill that space, and... well, heck, there's some nice models I'd like to be able to use without having to swap files behind the scenes all the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea as well. Would it be possible to do though without having to go through loading lags and such?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you edit the cfg file of esf and add the cvar: fs_lazyprecache 1 it will load things on the fly i believe >_>

Best answers
It's been suggested before, but that's not to say it's not a great suggestion. I'm all for it. :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would make ESF much better.
2 different Styles of SSJ3 Gokus figthing each otehr. This way people have Custom Models and Fan made up Skins. Ex Majin Goku... :p figts normal ssj3 goku.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've allways liked the idea of different models for one characters, but it would be heaps of work for the team. This way however, only needs some additional slots to be coded in. I like it.

Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
david i got one word for you "PARAGRAPHS"
It's not paragraphs that are the problem, everyone else read it right... :rolleyes:

How much bigger would the filesize be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom