Model options

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when the ESF Release comes with 4 Times the same Model each Char.

Maybe about 10-20 MBs ? I dunno

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is an interesting thought but I can already tell you it won't happen and here's why: the amount of coding and interface changes to do that when you can just replace your own models as you see fit isn't worth the 2+ months it'd probably take to do, just to accomodate custom models.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not paragraphs that are the problem, everyone else read it right...
well i only noticed people actually responding actively to this thread when you bolded that point in the suggestion

and btw that model idea is gonna be alot of extra space taken up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
I've allways liked the idea of different models for one characters, but it would be heaps of work for the team. This way however, only needs some additional slots to be coded in. I like it.
perhaps you could mention it to them then. This way, everyone would get their wish. They'd have whichever character they want whenever they want. The only downfall is...they aren't their own character...just model replacements of current ones. Though I'm sure people wouldn't care if they could see Broly in there fighting vegeta.

Wait...wouldn't the sound models stay the same though? It would be funny to see a Broly talking in vegeta's voice ^_^;

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats why i said maybe have a configuration for it too, as well as the new effects and maybe sprites.... I dont think this would really take that long to code would it? >_> i mean... it'd be like a configuration file for athstetic purposes... (i think i used the right word >_>).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
This is an interesting thought but I can already tell you it won't happen and here's why: the amount of coding and interface changes to do that when you can just replace your own models as you see fit isn't worth the 2+ months it'd probably take to do, just to accomodate custom models.
Customizing things is one of the reasons that esf is as good as it is imo. That being said, 1.3 will probably be the last version. It would be a good idea to give us the ability to add more characters without actually taking characters away. Whatever the delay may be (which... I really doubt it'd be a 2 month delay), it would be worth it.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I like this idea a lot, it would be awesome. I could have Broli, Vegeta, and Veggeto at the same time.....bliss.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two months? I really fail to see how you came by that conclusion. AFAIK, it would be broken down into a few steps:

1) A new VGUI that allows more character choices (this would be catered for due to the new characters for 1.3 anyway). At the moment you choose Team then Character, all you'd need to do would be to add another VGUI window after that so you can choose which configuration (model, sound, sprites) you'd use.

2) The installer creating 3 copies of each configuration per character.

3) Coding it in and testing it until it's good to go.

The team wouldn't need to make any additional content whatsoever, aside from the new VGUI window, after that it gets coded in and you're sorted.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're making a new vgui anyway, they have to. Half-life only allows for 9 slots per menu.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if its possible...replacing models, sprites, and sounds.....then of COURSE I will say this is a good idea.

Best answers
i've been thinging about that for a long time! :D damnit i love it! ^^ it would be nice change ingame :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom