Model editing

Best answers
like ive been saying there is nothing wrong with model editing, its just that the model editing going on in this forum isnt tasteful at all, the edits here are like 2 minute crappy recolors or hackjobs, like taking goku's head and put it on gohans body, that is an example of untasteful editing, sbolt's piccolo edit is not an example of crappy editing or ripping, he had an idea of giving piccolo a cape and gave him one, and it was done pretty well too

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yes but it is an edit nonetheless...

I've been following these forums for over a year now and i can clearly remember a time long ago when model editors actually did some nice work and were recognised for it. As it may be in the present state of these forums this is not the case anymore due to your average 12 year olds concept of morals and work ethic u cannot slate ALL model editors as fiends bent on ripping others hard work.

Bolteh2

B
there is no skill in editing... every1 can take 2 models and put together and call it theirselfs...

there is a difference between hackjobs and edits..

hackjobs= editing a model but adding a self modelled piece (for example= you take esf gohan, and add ur self modelled ssj2 hair) this is soemwhat ok, since you sitll did something yourself

editing= editing a model, and adding a piece of another model by some other guy (for example, you take esf gohan, and add ssj2 hair of nuttzy's gohan...)

lately, all the ppl start editing models, instead of doing hackjobs, thats whats pissing me off, you have to put long and hard work into modelling, most edits can be done in 5 minutes, there is no real hard and long work in that.. editing is for lazy people... just "ripping" some1 and saying its their model

perfect would be, a guy that takes 2 models and puts them together into 1 model, then he would give credits like this: "hair and head by..., body by..., put together by: *inster editor name in here*
nowadays, ppl just do this: "CREATED by *insert editors name in capitals*, credits: name1, name2, name3, name4, name5, name6
this is 1) very disrespectful and 2) lame and crap

its not like i hate editors, its just the way they act, they call themselfs modellers and skinners, but they never even made a model or skin from scratch

ps: that is not MY piccolo with cape, its from some other guy, dunno why (i think fatmanterror) he release it round same time as mine.. i did 2 hackjobs, gohan ssj2 and piccolo with cape, those were the original esf models, and i just added something that i modelled from scratch (yes, i tried to model, most ppl now dont even bother trying to model) and the gohan sjs2 had my own modelled hair and a complete new skin by me (no recolor, but a complete new skin)
ever sicne that gohan ssj2, i never edited another model, i felt i was ready to create a model from scratch and i did, i did the a18, then a16, then super a17, then gotenks (never released any of them tho, since there was too much ripping and editing going on, i didnt feel like being ripepd by some noob modeller)

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I agree with what u getting at and like i said before, and you've just proved with what you said in your post, that edits/hackjobs can provide a suitable base from which to start your own work when you've gained enough experience.
ever sicne that gohan ssj2, i never edited another model, i felt i was ready to create a model from scratch and i did

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you right in 100% Bolteh, there arent better words to say it other then yours.
if im right (sorry but i dont really remember) my only edit/ripping job was making models outlined, you know, take a model>duplicate it>fat boy...etc..

it was wrong but back then i was a n00b, then i read the cs girl tutrial for the 5th time and then i started modeling...
i think everybody and i mean everybody should read this tut and kick the editing away...edit wont help ya, you want to make a model? start from scratch!

hell i dont know if ill ever release my models if there is so much editing around :\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
you right in 100% Bolteh, there arent better words to say it other then yours.
if im right (sorry but i dont really remember) my only edit/ripping job was making models outlined, you know, take a model>duplicate it>fat boy...etc..

it was wrong but back then i was a n00b, then i read the cs girl tutrial for the 5th time and then i started modeling...
i think everybody and i mean everybody should read this tut and kick the editing away...edit wont help ya, you want to make a model? start from scratch!

hell i dont know if ill ever release my models if there is so much editing around :\
Hmm i bet every one here that can realy model/skin would agree to Bolteh , well i do.

Best answers
OK Bolteh now I understand you. For me editing was the one with putting in own parts and correct crediting, but hackjobs were those "copy/paste" things to me. Pure missunderstanding :)
Still, you should be more precise when telling an editor (your view of an editor, my view of a hackjobber) what exactly you mean, to prevent missunderstandings like this :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
btw s-bolt, that is your piccolo, Max2 put a pic to someone elses piccolo edit on the picture, but if you dl it, it IS yours..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gyod. this is a huge page of spam. s-bolt you're an admin, and yet you still made a post irrellavent to the topic. im not starting beef, or anything im just saying. Every-one else here knows the rules and still posted butt-loads of spam.

hey guy are u still having trouble importing the model?

*whispers* hackjobs keeps bringing the word of handjobs to my head lol. i thnk i need to keep my mind out the gutter

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
dude, organize your thoughts, write them all in one post, it will make the mods job easyer, and get them less frustrated. if you feel you need to add something , then edit your last post. but i dont think double posting is allowed here...especially triple
Appreciate the help Gir because mod's can't be everywhere at once, but please refrain from rogue modding from now on. We just don't want to set a precedent that anyone can act like a mod. No warning this time :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom