Model editing

Best answers
is there a program that lets you edit half life models can some one please tell me

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
read the stickies thread.
any modeling program like 3dsmax, maya, milkshape, Gmax (and more) will let you edit any model, as long as you have the right plugins.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it comes included. read tutorials threads on this board, the milkshape forum or just search on google

edit:

although if ur gonna do that, i would advise that you learn to model from scratch, it would be better like that

Best answers
But like is there a very easy program that lets you take and half life model and open it into the program and start editing and stuff cuz i have milkshape 3d but i dont wanna make my own i wanna just edit a bit can you tell me wich program is good for me?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just use milkshape, it has all the tools u need

Best answers
The thing is i cant open a half life model into milkshape so i wouldent be able to edit it if i cant open a model into it or if u know how to open the model into the program please tell me

Best answers
You need to decompile the Halflife model (which is a tool) then you open the smd file into milkshape and edit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also give credits to the individual model creator(s) when you edit their models before showing it.

Best answers
theres one thing i dont understand when i open smd file i give me some bones or whatever there called soo how do i edit the model if i only c stiks like i wanna c the model

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
go to the joints tab. "upper right corner of the screen." look under that menu it should have a "show skeleton" option in there. un-check it and u should be straight.

Best answers
but i wanna see the model like with clothes and stuff not not see the skeleton

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make shure you have triangles and skeleton checked off when you import the goku.smd (if your editng a goku model)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you see the model along with the skeleton? or just the skeleton itself? because you might be importing the wrong .smd file.

-to see its skin-
right click in perspective view, and click texture. (the view that lets you move the model in any direction. it also has a blue background to help you locate it better.) that might help you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom