Melee suggestions

Best answers
Honestly man, just change the head on win formula from Ki to something with several factors, that is fairly complex, fairly intuitive and TELL NO ONE!

And I had wondered how the collison detection had changed in 1.1. Dot Products eh?
Does it take the dot product of
the direction vector of the attacker and their Ki as the magnitude,
and
ditto for the other, or a unit direction vector from them to you when stationary?
Just wondering.

Best answers
I'm fairly upset with the uselessness of beams in serious fights. If I throw a beam at someone, it's usually meant to embarass them and make them feel stupid. If I hit someone extremely hard into the ground, I would like the option of beaming them before they recover and finishing them off that way... Most of the time, a generic beam will be much less effective than a ki blob in hitting downed opponents.

Back on the subject, head-ons should be a two-way hit, as if both players smacked each other, they both go flying back and the damage is dealt normally. As stated before, momentum should be a factor. Someone who has just started their swoop should fly back alot further than someone who has been swooping. This would make much more sense.

Up-close melee is silly. I just right-click and the guy goes flying. Since you already have a boolean condition "if target is too close", why not use that? As of right now, your code looks like this, I assume:
if(targetistooclose)
{left click does nothing}
Why not change this to
if(targetistooclose)
{left click performs a weaker punch/kick that does not send opponent flying}

This weak left click would be unique to each character, it would leave an opening for a right-click follow up if your timing was right, but NOT a left click follow up, you'd put a delay on a second left click, so spam would be useless. If it was blocked, it could be insta-counterable since there's not as much force behind it. However, if someone waited too long on their right-click follow up and you held block down, you'd be able to block it but not counter it, since we know the attacker could just teleport away.
The idea is stable in my mind and not much would have to be coded.
For it to work, you would have to REDUCE the blocking delay. As of right now, a teleport is instantaneous while a block takes a bit of animation before it works. It's also much better to teleport out of the way of a beam than to sit there and hope the block animation works in time, only to waste time being thrown back and hoping you win the struggle.

Best answers
you know when i think about it. i dont think i ever saw someone blocking and powerstruggle a beam in dbz. only non beams were blocked and held back. so i think that blocking a beam should just explode with contact, but reduces the damage of the beam attack or you can smack the beam away. but non beam attacks should be able to blockstruggled with and you are also able to smack the non beam away. (if it was my melee sytem, you can only smack the (non)-beam by punching/kicking it) just my 2 cents

Best answers
Solidus Fox said:
you know when i think about it. i dont think i ever saw someone blocking and powerstruggle a beam in dbz. only non beams were blocked and held back. so i think that blocking a beam should just explode with contact, but reduces the damage of the beam attack. but non beam attacks should be able to powerstruggled with. just my 2 cents
Well, you should really think a little bit harder, not to be nasty or anything. Just an example of each off the top of my head...

Powerstruggling - How about ssj2 Gohan and ssj2 Cell with their gigantic Kamehameha power struggle? I mean, it only took up fifteen episodes (exaggeration) or something.
Block Struggling - hmmm. I'm pretty sure, when Vegeta and Goku were fighting for the first time ever, someone block struggled a spirit bomb. Or the Death Ball Freeza threw at ssj Trunks.

Best answers
Solidus Fox said:
ok, maybe i didnt phrased it right. READ WELL!!!

powerstruggling - beams!!!! YES non-beams (inlike ki ball) NOOO!!!! only pushed it to another direction, hardly a powerstruggle.

block struggling - what you named were NON!!!-beams.

so dont tell me that i dont know my stuff thank you
Alright, fine.

Earlier during their battle, Cell charged a gigantic Kamehameha and fired it at ssj2 Gohan. Gohan fired his own Kame at it. Cell's Kame was detached and "non-beam" and Gohan was pushing it back with his Kame.

You might remember that after absorbing Piccolo, Buu charges a Special Beam Cannon and fires it at Gohan, who promptly blocks the "beam" SBC.

Again, just some examples off the top of my head, and I haven't actually watched any episodes for a year or so now.

Best answers
Solidus Fox said:
jesus, i said powerstruggling beams were possible!!!!! non beams werent, read man....

and gohan blocked a special beam cannon which is a beam. but exploded afterwards, but he didnt block struggled with it, otherwise he would send it into another direction.
I know. I said it was detached, making it non beam. read man....

Fine. Piccolo swatted away a special beam cannon, which is a beam.

Also, you need to understand, block struggling is kind of a "cover all" situation. It doesn't have to be exactly equivilent to something that happens in the series.

We are so gonna get slapped for this.

Best answers
block stugles- mistic gohan and buu, fired a special beam cannon at gohan and he blocked it. didnt redirect it but basicly thats a block struggle...

and zero. i have to say that ur idea is one made of greatness. i love the idea bout the weak close hit and fallow up hit, its so spot on with what i think this game needs. but i like the block struggles. it adds dramatisisum (dont know how its spelled) and realisum to the game....

Best answers
powerstruggling:
only detached beams can be struggled with. If a non-beam collides with another non beam head on, it will powerstruggle, only you cannot control it, since it is not detached. so the strongest non beam will win, which doesnt matter cause you will be long gone. powerstruggling a beam with a non-beam can also be done, but only by the one who shoots the beam can struggle with it. If the non beam is stronger then the beam, the non beam will win.

blockstruggling:
only non beams can be block struggled. you can also swat the non beam away by pressing the punch button, nut it does require a chunck of your Ki. also beams can be swatted away by hitting it with the punch button, but not blocked struggled. maybe for a little moment, but they eventually wil blow up. however the damege done by the beam will be reduced.

and about gohan/buu, yea he did BLOCKED it, so it did took awhile before it exploded, but i can hardly call it a block struggle. eihter way it would exploded. thats the point, why doesnt anyone understand that.

im not mad or anything, but im tired of people who dont really think deeply about what is said. no hard feelings. :yes:

anyways why would we get slapped for this? this isnt the official melee suggestion thread! hence on the OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD, WHICH WHERE THIS SHOULD BELONG!!!!!

Best answers
sorry.. when i wrote that i was at work.. so u can understant that at like 12.19 wen u posted i was prolly sreving a customer and didnt refesh.... sooo thats prolly y i didnt c that post..... so yes lets get back ontopic.. ill wear any responsibility 4 staying off the subject i felt this simply had to b said... sorry

Best answers
I'm sorry Solidus, but your grammer and words just don't make any sense.

And actually, this IS a melee suggestion thread. Hence it is titled, "Melee suggestions".

Best answers
okay, bihal im really sorry for my grammar and stuff. But thats becuase it was very late yesterday and i was tired as hell. so i skipped alot of parts and didnt read it over. sorry... btw, there is a official melee suggestion thread in the suggestion section, where this should belong

anyways i edited my earlier post. hopefully you do understand it now.

Best answers
That' okay, I wasn't dissing you. I just meant that I didn't get it. ~shrugs~ I don't have much else to say.

Best answers
Out of what ive read i like the idea of whoever swoops the longest wins, also i dont know if its possible but i think the hitboxes should be changed to make it alittle easier for transformed players to hit, most of the time i just fly right through people without hiting them.

and one more thing, about most of the combo ideas, just imagin what a scripter could do with a system like that.

Best answers
I think -=Vegitto=-'s idea is the coolest one...well...just my 2 cents...

Best answers
The best for melee is when the enemy gets in your sights the block appears.

-Then when you click, your charactor teleports closer to your enemy.
-Then when you're close enough, the charactor kicks or hits the enemy to the ground.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Best answers
The best for melee is when the enemy gets in your sights the block appears.

-Then when you click, your charactor teleports closer to your enemy.
-Then when you're close enough, the charactor kicks or hits the enemy to the ground.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Best answers
Ok these are the things that need a bit of a fix for just an upgrade.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1. When you swoop you should start off slow then go fast it would fix the howing problem because you won't be able to hit the guy right when he gets to you. Reason why he won't hit you is that you can't hit someone as you go slow on swoop for like a sec or less.
2. Make it so there is no more of that stop swoop area around each player. You should be able to hit the guy and swoop away when your in his face.

Best answers
I don't like that starting off slow and then going fast part. Often times I'll tap the button again and continue my swoop. It doesn't make sense that I can be going fast one moment, and suddenly slow the next, even though my swoop is continuous.

Best answers
i really think that swooping should have his own button. i mean, its kinda stupid that its dependable to melee. i think it should be accesable whenever you want to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom