Melee suggestions

Best answers
I would like a better looking mellee system seriously vegita looks like he is trying to stick his foot in the other guys @$$ when he mellees

Best answers
i think it would be cool if you could swoop and then grab sum one and start ramming there head into your knee than send them flying off.

Best answers
What vegito mentioned reminds me of this mutator for ut2k3, its called.......... karuoto something 120% (be damned if I remember the name). Anyhoo the main difference was you couldn't do any dodging or anything. you didn't have to tap (click or whatever) the weak attack button or strong attack button you could press and hold the button and your character would do the attacks, you would just have to switch from weak to strong from time to time. (sorry for the sloppy post :rolleyes: its late over here )

Best answers
the best way to do it is i think the way vegitto explained it vegitto his post
cuz now you have something like in the series i think
i really like the idea cuz now its a bit too simple (sorry creators of the best dbz game ever :()
well more i dont have to say i think

greetz crus

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[SSJ]MyStIc said:
i think a powerstruggle meter could come up but it wouldn't last as long as most power struggles involving beams last though... it could be a quick 1..2..3.. type of think that could be based on ki if necessary but i'd rather have it be based on something else like tapping a button, but then again binds could be made for it. but whoever would win the mini ps would win the head on. i think it would solve the problem of people just floating around waiting for people to attack them, then to go for headons to get a cheap auto win
i think there should just be a button you can click when you make the game to just have melee and beams or no melee and beams. And i like the idea on melee struggles when you connect with some one

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
all those ideas are cool but i like the melee as it is now. Why don't put an option to use the new or old melee? I think the melee is fine now, but alot of people hate it.

Best answers
geeeeez, you guys are making melee too complicated... i hate the melee system now cos it's getting a bit witty and ppl that doesn't go to the forum doesn't know that it';s based on the ki bar thinks that others that knows hax and kicks them, and this really pisses me off. . .

Best answers
my sugestions :p

-swooping is good so most be in it
-left mouse button "hand" combo
-right mouse buton "feet" combo's
-right+ left power punch
-grabing person's ;)

when u do a hand/feet combo automatic block weak beams,so u can fly after some guy whit out he is shooting weak ki blast ad u

:cool: all i have to say :D

Best answers
head ons should be determined a small bit by BASE pl, not much though because of starting pls for example buu and gohon (1.5 mil and around 0.6 mil)
MOST of all ki bar because that does seem to give most fairness between players, some speed (characters don't vary TOO much in speed)....
Realistically (not that dbz or esf is real) the character with more mass, force and speed will win. so if the creators wanted to do an extra HUGE amount of work on the game, the characters could be moreover specialized in beams/melee/etc... #1-ki bar, #2-speed, #3-base pl

Best answers
OK . . . well I first decided to read through everything, thinking that would be a good idea. And it was at first, because I put together some nice suggestions around pages 2-3. But then I started to forget everything around the end of page 4. Well here goes nothing.

I'm putting together what I think are the best parts of what others have said, and a couple of my ideas.

1. You should be able to swoop whenever you have someone targeted, and you should swoop only when you have the button held down. (personally I think it should be right click, since swooping isn't the attack, but I know it'd be wierd to switch now).
2. I agree with the longer you swoop, the more damage you deal idea. However, there should be a warning when you're targeted, because if someone who's across the level from you comes at you, and you're busy with someone else, you can get creamed. Perhaps give incoming swoopers a little tail or a "glowing" blip on the radar?
3. When two people swoop at each other, I think they should come to more or less an equal outcome. The main thing should be in the recovery. The person with the higher PL percentage should recover faster. For example: maximum recover time is 3 seconds, meaning if you had 0 PL (which wouldn't happen, since you'd be falling, not swooping) it'd take 3 seconds to recover. If you had 66% of your PL, you'd recover in 1 second. An idea to play with.
4. When you block, you should probably be knocked back a bit, but not spinning out of control, just pushed back (maybe the swooper can continue the attack and smash the blocker into a wall!)

#4 just gave me a semi-offtopic idea about blocking.

When you're holding block, left/right click change into defensive moves, like a kick-away (for someone who attempted a melee) and some sort of energy . . . thing. I can't think of any examples. Just an idea.
*When you let go of block the moves should obviously go back to what you were using.

Damnit, I know this isn't all I wanted to say. I wanted to re-list more of what was brought up, but I can't remember it anymore. What I originally had planned to say was simple, since the potential patch was to be simple. I got carried away.

Best answers
Its simple anybody ever play dragoon? Well in the fighting portion of the game when you used a super move you could make it last longer by pressing the button at the right time IN the timing circle JUUUUST right and if you did so your combo would last longer. I think the same could go for a head on instant...and even some power struggles...who knows look it up if you don't know what I am talking about. I think it could work.

Best answers
I had an old idea that people flamed me for including mods (don't know why) but now it looks like part of it is being used with that part being grabbing and struggling. So here is my old idea but a bit revamped. And sorry about the length.

1.) There has got to be hand to hand melee with kicking and punching and combos. However, it must not be so choatic as it is now. It must be organized and easy to use. So when you get close to someone you have targeted you get put inside of an invisible ring. In this there are, in a sense, invisible ropes where if you go to far from the person you get pushed back in so that you are close enough to be in hand to hand melee. In this close range melee there are a series of kicks and punches and when combined with the movement keys and the kick and punch keys you perform various kicks and punches and combos. For instance forward+punch would be a lunging punch and punch, kick, forward+punch would be a combo ending with some special little move that you only get from the combo. As for grabbing (although this is already being put in game you might want to look at it for ideas or help) by pressing kick and punch at the same time you grab the person and depending what you are aiming at you grab something different or something like that. Then when you grab them you can press punch to fly around and throw them into something and if you press kick you can spin them around and throw them.

2.) Melee struggles should be combo of what they were like in the old arcade games. If you punch at the same time as your opponent and they collide you go into a very fast series of punches and kicks and the one who clicks their mouse the fastest ends with a nice smash that is half as strong and knocks the person back half as much as an original smash. The same goes for a kick to kick melee struggle. Then if 2 people grab at the same time they go into a grabbing struggle where they hold both of each others hands and try to push the other one down making there back arch and then the winner kicks them up into there air (being just like the smash before only straight up). And of course the winner wins by tapping their mouse the fastest.

3.) Swoop smashing should only work from far away. When you get too close or if you miss a swoop smash then you get into the invisible ring thingy. Then you can only smash by holding the punch or kick button down to charge it with ki and then let go to smash them. However this smash only does half of the damage that a normal smash does and knocks you back much less.

4.) All melee attacks should have reduced damage and by a lot. Swoop smashing would be much funner if the didn't die after the third or fourth punch or kick or whatever.

5.) When you switch to melee you target the person in your crosshair. If no one is in your crosshair then you target the next opponent that you aim your crosshair at.

6.) When doing hand to hand melee in the invisible ring and you are not punching or kicking then you auto block and depending on your powerlevel compared to your opponents you will block more or less and the more or less it will take out of your ki/health (whichever would be best, I don't know). You can still block normally aswell while in the invisible ring.

7.) When on the ground or in the air you can double tap forward to dash and then hit punch or kick to do a slightly stronger punch or kick.

8.) While in the invisible ring you can use turbo to move faster and punch faster and do slightly more damage.

And that is it. So what does everyone one think. Do you think it would be fun. Do you think it can be done. Post a reply and say what you think. And sorry again for the length. Didn't know how else to say all this in an organized format.

Best answers
when i am starting a server a windows error shows.wht should i do?

Best answers
A > get the hell out of this threat
B > post again in the HELP section
C > Post the exceact error msg / windows version etc
D > see what happens there...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Have you guys ever played DBZ Legend for the Playstation console? The whould try at least one of their tactics. Like, lets say you do a melee combo to your opponent and knock them back with a power hit, can they make it so that if you tap your swoop button 2 times that you'll fly extremly fast to your opponent, do another 2 hit combo (remember that he is still flying back from you last hit) and end it with an over-head ax smash to the ground. Of course that swoop idea would have to drain an enormouse amount of ki, but it just might work....

Best answers
These are a few ideas based on my own thoughts and those posting in this thread previously. I?m unsure however if these are suitable for the aforementioned 1.15 patch or would be better suited for 1.2.

1. Head on Collisions ? Based on amount of Ki used during the swoop as a percentage of your total Ki

That is to say if a lower power level character used more of their Ki during a swoop against a higher level character they would win. I.E. Vegeta uses 30% of his Ki during a swoop and Krillian 70%. Even though Vegeta has twice the Ki of Krillian he has still used less and thus losses.

2. Swooping can be boosted with Extra Ki

This would allow higher level characters to use a larger percentage of their Ki to win the swoop, this could also been shown with an increased aura, letting you know the opponent is charging their swoop. The higher the Power Level the faster you can charge your Swoop. There could even be an All out charge that would use the entire player?s Ki for that last ditch attempt. This would require an increased recharge time to compensate for the increased damaged.

On a side note graphical indications could be placed to tell each player if their swoop had reached a sufficient level to win, such as the crosshair colour changing from orange to red.

3. Counter-Blocking

Once a swoop is blocked, the defending character could unleash an instant low level beam against the attacking player, instead of denoting instantly upon contact it instead repels the player backwards, pushing them into the ground. Or the beam is still directable, allowing the player to ram the attacker into another for beam denotation. The beam could also be denoted early as a standard beam.
This could also be used on swooping. Rather than going for a head on collision, the player stops early, though within close proximity and unleashes an instant beam attack. The still swooping player can then 1 ? stop also and enter a beam power struggle
2 ? Boost their swoop, take beam damage and land a melee hit
3 ? fail to do either of the above and be knocked back by the beam as outlined above.

A couple of points I thought of.

Best answers
Here are my ideas

melee attack:
Use the "R" key to use it as swoop, it isnt used and now you can mouse1 button for another use, like using it for punching and mouse2 button for kicking.
use mouse1 and mouse2 to punch or kick whenever you like, so you are not limited to hit your enemy automaticly when you are close to your enemy, which it currently is. that way you avoid the irritation of who hit who first. so this means when your punch/kick connects, the enemy will be send flying.
You have to be able to swoop wherever you want. If you get close to you enemy you will stop swooping. If you miss the punch/kick and the enemy slowly flies back, you can swoop again to hit him. With the current swoop system, when you get close to your enemy and you miss, if enemy flies back a bit, you cant swoop him, until he gets into swoop "range", which to me is bull.

melee struggle:
My idea of an melee struggle is quite simple. When both fighters connect their punch/kick against eachother, they will go into melee struggle which is they disappear and make big flashes in the air.. a bar will appear much like the powerstruggle. but instead of powering eachother out, 2 arrows will go up and down very fast. A green is controlled by the player and a red arrow that the enemy controls. then both you and the enemy have to press the mouse1 button to stop the arrow, the one who is closest to the middle of the bar wins the melee struggle and send the enemy flying.
this way you avoid the oh so hated button bashing. easy and dead simple.

throw:
im probably too late with this but my idea of a throw is when you hit both mouse1 and mouse2 at the same time, the player makes an grab motion and if it connects, you grab your enemy. You have like 2 seconds time to either throw your enemy by pressing mouse1 or an grapple attack by pressing mouse2, otherwise the enemy will just push you away, sending you flying a bit, but you do not recieve any damage by the push.

grabstruggle:
As most seen DBZ sometimes the fighters grab eachothers hand and try to power eachother out. My idea of such is simular to the melee struggle. when both grapples of the players connect with eachother they will have a grab struggle with a big aura surrounding them. the same bar of the melee struggle will be used. the winner gets to throw the enemy or use a grapple attack.

Counterattack:
I personally think counterattacks is a must in ESF. Also this requires timing. Most people who gets attacked already hold the block button before they get hit. My idea to counterattack is in a few frames when you press the block button the player will counterattack if he gets hit by the enemy. you still take a bit damage, but the enemy will get the most, cause you will send him flying. When a hit connects in those 2 or 3 frames, you'll block the attack and recieve damage, but counters by punching him or kicking him away. ofcourse the punch and kick go automaticly, so u dont need to press punch or kick button.

thank you for reading this and hopefully you like my ideas.

Best answers
I feel that if you incorporate some kind of grab struggle, people will be charging at each other just to avoid being hit. (Imagine sneaking up on someone just to be quickly greeted in a grab)

I think a good short term fix would be to remove swoops.
It remove ki abuse. (to the best of my knowledge)

Increase the speed and lower the cost of boost.

I find fighting masses of people with no lock ons, swoops and just my aura for speed for the most part more enjoyable, challenging and satisfying.

-Moose

~Flame Away~

Best answers
well i dunno, but a smart person would get away. i do think people would use radar. and if they get grabbed, it doesnt mean that 1 throw is enough to kill you. plus, how many times do get launched away by someone who hit you from behind? alot of times! so it doesnt really matter. anyways the grab is a matter of timing like everything else. something i really miss in the current melee system. cause frankly it annoys me greatly that i charge at someone and i am the one who gets launched.

edit: if they are in a grabstruggle the big aura prevents from anyone getting close or getting blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom