Melee Overview Discussion

Best answers
Was an example to dbz dmz style, just rebuild a better system and all it will be doing is adding to the melee system not taking over

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we've already got a few ideas of how the m1, m2, and m1+m2 will work :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well concept is indeed simle nice and effective as I expedcted. At begining I didn't like how SA system limite melee a bit (from what I understand you use simple melee, and you use Advanced one only when you get enough Bonus Points) but then I thought it can be fun and i's add a bit strategy feel to the game. But throw stuff will be in right ?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no advanced melee, we completely removed it from the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it isnt.

Advanced melee was a horrible system. And each revised AM system we tried to design had enough flaws to be a potential problem gameplaywhise just as the 1.2 one is.

Face it in 1.2 AM is useless and in most cases even makes the attacker sorry for using it just cause the defender got lucky on a random arrow.

We removed advanced melee from the game and then later decided to take simple melee as a base and focus on concepts revolving round it.

No more arrows no more complications yet we still aim for 3 different things you could do + a bonus system which gives you a lot more to do then just plain old basic melee.

Though there is still a luck factor for it ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wanna clear up a few things here. "Advanced melee" is just a term that was used for the DDR style melee in 1.2, the press arrows part of the game is now gone, but we still are going to have a different melee system than just simple melee, it wont just be simple melee, but it wont be cadence altering mini-games such as "press the correct arrows" like in 1.2, the new melee is going to be free flowing with the rest of the gameplay and there will be no waiting around. We're now going to have a new melee system which involves use of the SAM and 3 other melee methods. The only one of those melee methods you guys know about atm are simple melee, but there's going to be 2 others, all of which will be designed to keep the pace of the game steady and flowing. The SAM system will also be enhancing energy attacks, we're aiming to make melee and beams feel like part of the same system whereas before beams and melee (except generic beams) felt completely separate, the only reason you'd charge a signature beam would be to beam spam, there was very little chance to use it within a fight.

Hopefully that gives you guys a clearer understanding of what we're going for.

Last edited:
Best answers
So we will still be able to shot a regular kame-wave? And with the bonus points there will be certain extras like shorter load time or less ki usage? Hm, but then players will still be able to spam beams ;).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams are going through some changes, sure you will be able to use Khh when you like, but with the change of the bigger HP quantity, this allows us to be a lot more flexible with beam damage. Beams aren't a guaranteed hit either, spending your bonus points for a beam that may not even hit your target means it is safer to spend your bonus points on a powerful melee attack, however this justifies a bigger damage reward through beams though. The fact that you need to be in combat and attacking people to build your SAM up means you cannot sit in the distance and fire beam after beam and do immense damage either, you're much better off getting in the fray and unleashing more powerful techniques rather than beam jumping around firing Kamehamehas at unsuspecting victims

Best answers
Im sure glad to hear theres more in the melee system then just the boring old simple melee, swoop, punch and luckily enough you hit em in my case seeing theres barely any servers or so in nz,

Itll be damn sweet if you had the freedom to punch or kick at will but will be disabled when swooping? I just had to say that again :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you mean lucky enough if you hit them.

Anglehits arnt really lucky shots ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ofcourse. Anglehits allow you to hit the other guy withou getting hit yourself.

Its simple in theory. Just before you colide, you change direction to slightly to the side of the other guy. And then turn towards him.

Time it right and youll hit him without getting hit yourself or landing in a headon.

So its all about skill and ping below 100 ^^

Do it to fast and youll get hit instead of him, do it to late and youll either get hit or result in a headon.

Ofcourse you can do it with teleports to. Teleport to the side of the guy flying at you and turn. If your aim and timing is correct youll hit him straight out of the teleport.

But remember that the defender can allso turn towards you and try to counter your angle. Those mostly end up in headons.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Any chance we will have some body parts condition? Like arms, legs damage in addition to the HP.

Maybe at a certain damage level to the arms for example your punches are turning weaker and slower since it hurts there and at the max damage they aren't moveable, or not enough to use them to punch. Same for other body parts. I don't know how much it can blend in though. don't know, bah.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isnt planned. But thre is a set of tired animations for then you are out of stamina.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have some idea tell me wat u guys think, i was thinking about directional simple melee. it doesnt take up a slot either, so there is still 2 slots left for adv melee ideas. but a minor but very open to cool fights idea would be directional simple melee. meaning that like normal pressing mouse 2 while swooping knocks the enemy backwards or wherever. now, wat directional melee does is let u control the exact direction of u hittin the enemy without having to always be in front of where u want to knock them to.

MouseButton2 + No Direction = Knock Back
MouseButton2 + Up Direction = Knock Up
MouseButton2 + Down Direction = Knock Down
MouseButton2 + Left Direction = Knock Left
MouseButton2 + Right Direction = Knock Right

We already have directional teleporting and swooping so with this, the meleeing can be combinated(lol new word i made plz use) easily

It would add sort of an advanced technique to the simple melee and give so much more dynamic and precise fights with teleport/swoop combos in all directions rather then, the hard the aim ones he do now. This way it would be easier for new comers too, and not just having pros dominating the **** outta ppl. Tell me what ya think.

and once again since i keep gettin no answer, is there any news on swoop dust and dust explosions for when meleed hard into the wall or ground. and huge splashes for when meleed hard into water, OMG THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL, AND PLEASE REDO THE BEAM EXPLOSIONS. GREGA PLEASE ANSWER ME ABOUT THESE IM BEGGING U I'll buy the team oreos if theres a yes to all of those questions.

p.s. once again lol wheres pc joe

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
p.s. once again lol wheres pc joe
He's no longer inteam. He left quite a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom