Melee Ideas

Best answers
So I was thinking about the melee.

you fly into them and you start doing punches.

What about the other person?

There should be where both players are hitting directional keys at the same time trying to hit each other while the ultimate fast punching is going on.
Just an Idea, I do not know how to explain it, but it will make both player able to attack at the same time, "defend" or "attack" while in mid fight.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically how 1.23 works?

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Lol, taking a step back is not an option for ESF:F. However, it is true I haven't seen or heard anything about the Block ability that was in the previous versions. How will that work? Can you still Block an incoming beam and struggle to push it back at the attacker? Man I loved doing that SO MUCH!

Best answers
Ofcourse not, I am not talking about 1.23.

Where one isde picks the keys and the other copies, I am saying when you attack, while the super fast punching is happening, Who can do the best combos, or best attacks at the time wich is happening, not setting there for 10 minutes copying each others Directional keys.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's too late at this point in time to change the way melee works. A lot of the work for melee is already done.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What he's saying is instead of doing a "head-on" where you sit there, he wants them to be hitting each other really quickly like when two rush moves collide in every DBZ game ever.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
could be cool if you could punch back but as sub says

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hmmm hitting each other at the same time with super speed is awesome.

Maybe there is something like that in esf final, remember they keep lots of things hidden for a bigger surprise.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2.3 had a block button, i'm sure the final version will have one too. And some extras added to it.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check out Dragonmod Z and tell us if you like it... after you played like that for a few weeks...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I trhink hes asking for a button mash mechanic if you get in to a headon, rather than ESF alpha and DMZ melee ^^

Best answers
If there was a button mash mechanic there would be tons of Macros xD.

I really don't know it was a idea, I guess it was a fail to even state it x3

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
If there was a button mash mechanic there would be tons of Macros xD.

I really don't know it was a idea, I guess it was a fail to even state it x3
It is a good idea and do suggest more, don't feel afraid to do so.

(don't make it like 1.2.3 headon though -_- so boring)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh but did you try increasing the speed at which the arrows disappear. There is a SVAR for that you know XD

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ahh but did you try increasing the speed at which the arrows disappear. There is a SVAR for that you know XD
Interesting, do you remember what the cvar was called?

Best answers
It could be like a dodge button during mid fighting, "punching really fast, based on your pl how good you dodge those punches, and a punch button to where both of you are going at it like two cats.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could be like a dodge button during mid fighting, "punching really fast, based on your pl how good you dodge those punches, and a punch button to where both of you are going at it like two cats.
Nah we designed melee with Simple melee as a base. Meaning any attack follows the same pattern, be it simple melee, combo melee or throw. And that pattern is.

1.) Attack hit
2.) Animation plays
3.) Attacked player flies away from attacker

Only the second point length differs between the 3 choices as well as how the attacked player is hit. The rest of the systems work identically.

So once you are hit, you are hit, with no chance to counter or block. If you block, then you block. Its as simple as that.

The blocks are also all quick, to allow you to counter after the attack fails. If the attacker fails to respond to your block, its his own fault.

Best answers
Yea I under, the melee works fine and flawless, just was thinking of something to spice of the wowness xd.

On other hand, The transformations.

The Transformations should be REALLY, I mean pretty dramatic, like the ground shaking 3d rocks, etc etc, you know more enchanced as I see the beam fxs are increases really nice so the Trans should be great ^^.

Oh and I was thinking, Physics, Map destruction "Spirit bomb puts craters" Huge attacks' more like the map destroyable to a limit X)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom