Melee Combat Guide (Video)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite that nothing from the movies is supposed to be in / cough.
Who said that? The team only said that characters from movies wouldn't be put in ESF.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, after the release there will definitely be maps from the movies too, and hopefully custom movie characters, like Broli, whose already shown model looks infinitely awesome ^_^

Some guy from 2010
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Not only that, but there is nothing to script, or are you gonna make a script that holds the right mouse button for you?
+mouse2 ?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if something can be usefully scripted, TREX has been talking with Raven about it.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, alright, just saying all those scripters in 1.2.3 that are using it to move around annoy me.

And you can just tell when someone is using one, they don't try to hide it, because there isn't much you can do.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And thankfully, Trex knows 1.2.3 scripting inside and out.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahah, yes.

I can't wait til all the "PRo's" of 1.2.3 get owned in 1.3 and claim it's been "noobified" because they can't use cheap tricks & scripts. I swear, in ESF 1.2.3 right now, the remaining players are as bad as CS players in terms of smugness.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehehe.. regardless of having scripts or whatever, there are still enough defensive maneuvers to screw over the scripters. There is SOOOO much creativity you can do in ESF 1.3 that scripting solutions for every outcome will be worthless.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. It's just annoying when I go to play ESF 1.2.3 and maybe me and another guy will talk for abit, and I'll mention 1.3, and suddenly it's like "1.3 is noob easy ****, I won't play it." or just generally sour sentiments about it. Honestly, they're just angry they've spent like 5+ years mastering this basic combat system, and now a more complex, and in-depth one will replace it, and they'll be back at square one.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, they're just angry they've spent like 5+ years mastering this basic combat system, and now a more complex, and in-depth one will replace it, and they'll be back at square one.
Wouldn't you be pissed? The only useful script I know is Swoop Script, which let's you start swooping by tapping the direction key once. I tried it, but it got in the way of my own way of playing, like running on ground and then jumping, strafing in the air. It would've been too complex to turn the script on/off everytime.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be pissed if it was really being made simpler / removing the skill; but it's not. It's making the game harder. I've been playing on and off since 2005 myself, and I am only excited for these changes. So I dunno, I just don't have that "Pro mentality" that some gamers have, or that whole "Haha, nub, u sux0rs" kinda bit.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Merged the 2 threads in to 1, and changed ownership temp to me (first post) until I got a solution for embed video's.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The one thing that I LOVE about this new system is that its rock paper scissors... so the only way to truly beat your opponent is to find out their pattern in melee.. cause its either head on clashes or someone winning. Which is SOO much fun and then throwing in a bonus attack here and there.. oh man.. Its just a recipe for pure madness... And even with the future of bonus clashes which are even more rare to occur.. OMG... battles are SOO damn intense, that this game literally puts me on the edge of my seat when ever I play.. Man, I feel like playing it right now.. >.>

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The one thing that I LOVE about this new system is that its rock paper scissors... so the only way to truly beat your opponent is to find out their pattern in melee.. cause its either head on clashes or someone winning. Which is SOO much fun and then throwing in a bonus attack here and there.. oh man.. Its just a recipe for pure madness... And even with the future of bonus clashes which are even more rare to occur.. OMG... battles are SOO damn intense, that this game literally puts me on the edge of my seat when ever I play.. Man, I feel like playing it right now.. >.>
You're my favorite weirdo.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, Im just very enthusiastic about mah game... thats all :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Respect! Fantastic... and truly challenging system.
1 question: Can we create custom maps the same way as for 1.2.3 or we need some moded edit tools?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Respect! Fantastic... and truly challenging system.
1 question: Can we create custom maps the same way as for 1.2.3 or we need some moded edit tools?

You need a modeling program capable of OBJ export and offcouirse a program capable of texturing. The .OBJ -> .asset converter you will get with the game, the XML manager that lets you place entities and make FX systems for the map (like thouse dust clouds blowing over Kami or the weather systems) is also part of the game. Thats all you need to make a map. Standard half life BSP files are no longer supported and will not work with the game.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Will every character have a different animation for each and every move (combo melee, bonus tiers, simple melee, grab and smash etc...)?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
looks so awesome, and the fighitng is soo fast , just like in DBZ :D!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom