✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Good work guys, can't wait to play!!!

It's times like this, I wish I could have become a force pit member.... :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Good work guys, can't wait to play!!!

It's times like this, I wish I could have become a force pit member.... :(
If you were a force pitter all you could do is see more screenshots / renders. Force Pitters and beta testers are not the same

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ha many people are amazed of how it looks like and its true it looks amazing.
But I would like to know how much time did it take to code all this. If possible in hours....
Who can tell?
Hours are you mad TALK YEARS

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DAM!

Nice melee and animations, great looking models and its been shown for a bit but still sick looking map, cant wait to start smashing ppl faces in it. :D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wipyoYdawI?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wipyoYdawI?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>​

One of the most challenging design aspects of ESF has been developing a melee combat system that is not only fun and balanced, but also gives the player a sense of control without having to reduce game play to "button mashing". It became apparent throughout the various releases of ESF that players really enjoyed the pairing of having a quick melee attack (simple melee) combined with highly maneuverable characters. Taking this into consideration alongside other feedback from the community the ESF team developed additional melee attacks that mesh well with ESF's high speed game play.

Simple Melee (Left Mouse Button)
Delivers a quick low damage blow to an opponent; typically used to set up other melee or energy attacks.

Combo Melee (Right Mouse Button)
Players charge combo melee before striking an opponent. The longer the attack is charged the more damage is dealt.

Throw (Left + Right Mouse Buttons)
Unlike combo melee there is no charge required to throw an opponent. Once contact is made the attacker begins to charge the throw. Charging for a longer period of time costs more stamina, but results in the opponent being thrown farther. Damage is only dealt when the opponent comes in contact with the environment and props.

Grab & Smash (Left + Right Mouse Buttons with turbo enabled)
The name says it all. When turbo is enabled the throw attack allows a player to grab an opponent while flying at high speed and smash them into objects.

Recovery
Do nothing after being hit and the player will eventually recover. Sometimes this is useful to gain distance from an attacker.

Quick Recovery(Left Mouse)
At the cost of Ki a player may recover from being knocked back at a quicker rate.

Instant Recover (Right Mouse)
At the cost of Stamina (ammo for melee) a player can instantly recover from being knocked back.

Even with the new attacks there was still a small void in the melee combat system. How can players perform more complex moves that are seen in the show? The answer, use a bonus system. As players attack opponents they gain bonus points; some attacks at a higher rate than others. For example, simple melee produces less bonus points than combo melee.

Bonus Melee (Bonus button then Any Melee Attack)
Quickly press the bonus button:
Once: Tier 1
Twice: Tier 2
Thrice: Tier 3

Activating a bonus is represented by different color auras. Once activate simply attack an opponent using an melee attack to initiate the melee bonus.
Source: http://esforces.com/news/47/51/Melee-Combat-Guide-Video.html

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'm looking forward

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Insane stuff guys, I'm looking forward to working with the new new melee system. :smile:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So why don't you just edit mkilbride's post and move it to this section? No point in having two discussion threads about the same news article.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully with this there is a system to combat script users, too.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha, thats true. Scripts are gonna be possibly useless because both the offensive and defensive people have their own skills to survive. Making scripting kinda useless now :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not only that, but there is nothing to script, or are you gonna make a script that holds the right mouse button for you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;uLvTWoCNn9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLvTWoCNn9Y[/video]
Noticed that the team seems to have gotten the idea for Vegeta's tier 3 melee combo from this movie; ("Super Android #13", Vegeta vs. Android #15).

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite that nothing from the movies is supposed to be in / cough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom