Melee Block>Counter

Best answers
I think u need the right combination of melee and beam , to be a good ESF player ... somteimes im playing 1on1 and the most boring thing is a player that dont want melee ... so i never saw a fight in dbz where 2 fighters fly around and shot beams at each other ... and i never saw things like a 5on5 ... i think esf is only fun in 1on1 or 2on2 ... in 5on5 there are always some people just standing around and shoting at spawn points ... and thats not a game thats just stupid ... and free fighting ... better not more that 3 player or u will only get kicked around or spawn killed ... and that had nothing to do with playing skill or fun or wathever ... just brainless ... so the thing i want to say is ... if a player does always the smae thing ( like counter ) i will find a way to kick his ass ... and thats not really hard ... so whatever ESF will become ... there will not be any unfair things like mass blocking or so on , there is always a tactic to break it ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amen. And for what it's worth, Zilea...the old game (Alpha 2.0) was so different it wouldn't matter if Sonic HAD been playing that long. That game didn't even HAVE real melee, and I don't think anyone but me and my friends ever really blocked. lol

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
2.0 was all kames to the head bbs at the wall ffs in the center of the map and discs being abused by the guy behind u... sure it was fun and all but melee didnt make beta 1 it was the freedom of moving with the swoop... in 2.0 it took u ahwile to get from place to place... and no one bothered switching their scroll to tel because either we werent smart enough to or it wouldnt help us at all and now u just waste all your ki by dodging a kame...

Best answers
i think the counter is fine with teh way it is now >.o most people i fight dont even do it that often cuz they have honor:)D)or its not their style, or they jus dont want to. i dont do it that much, but when i do it like once in a pub..ppl start sayin, block whore, countering ****er, dumb melee whore, wahtever. they jus charge at me, hit me, jus stare at me and wait for me to hit em back. ppl should learn to teleport right after their hit...that avoids countering :\

Best answers
I think all melee would be boring, but I don't want them to get rid of counters that much. The whole point of them is, if you are not skille enuf to hit your opponent so they can't block, you deserve to get your ass kicked. Maybe the instant counter should be gotten rid of, but not as much as you guys say. Otherwise people will just constantly melee everyone. I think they should instead try to improve beams. I find small beams very hard to use, because you can't "detonate" them when you want. they usually just revolve around the person until exploding, and if they're not a total noob they can easily avoid it. Generic beams need to be made better, because right now they're useless unless you're transed Krillin or Goku and have their larger blast radii for generic beams. I'd much rather use ki blasts for a downed enemy.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You people do not get the point. If it was actually difficult to time counters I would agree with you, but right now you can counter before and after someone hits if you know how to do it, and most people do. If they made countering complicated I would love it.

Best answers
i use melee, beams, and a counter attack when i get confused cuz im always high when i paly. i cant stand wen people complain about melee. if melee wasnt in this mod i bet about half the people would stop playing it. melee i think is what made this mod popular. i love this mod. i just got a server for it if you havent noticed.

Best answers
actually, melee is an essential part of the game.
in dbz/gt episodes, they use melee more than they use beams.
it is because of esf melee, the mod is fast-paced [in ma own opinion]
also...

Originally posted by TaiNT
if melee wasnt in this mod i bet about half the people would stop playing it. melee i think is what made this mod popular.
uhh, i'd rather think it is cause of the gameplay, dbz fans, and the models that are out.
not all depended on melee itself. ^_^

peace

Best answers
As far as I'm concerned if I couldnt smash the mofo's face in, and then blow him away with a well placed beam, it just wouldnt be the same :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom