Melee Block>Counter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zilea, i see you complaining very much about melee (and spamming alot, sorry just had to add that) but i used to be the same. I couldn't understand why people thought melee was the "best ever". Then i joined a clan, and i really focused upon melee, and by god is it fun, never had so much out of a game before. Just try giving melee a chance, and you'll understand alot more people.

Oh and w00t counter blocks out, 1.1 its going to rock!

Best answers
OK, I have a problem with this, from what I hear you cannot counter for .8 seconds after you release block? Or after you are meleed? Not quite clear on it, but really this sucks, while yeah, the countering before a hit is even landed is kinda ***, the block-counter itself isnt. It took me a long time to get my timing down so that I can consistently counter someone, and, I don't pull that counter before a hit even happens, make sure of that. But I just hope that I can still use the timing skills I worked so hard to get in 1.1...I mean, if melee counter is completely impossible now, that sucks. It's like taking out the teleport button cuz ppl think teleporting is lame. This is all assuming that countering is impossible in 1.1, if it is still possible, just not the counter before hit or counter before you give the person a chance to tele, I will be happy enough. But just because some ppl focus on different areas of melee doesn't mean they should be punished.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Brim
OK, I have a problem with this, from what I hear you cannot counter for .8 seconds after you release block? Or after you are meleed? Not quite clear on it, but really this sucks, while yeah, the countering before a hit is even landed is kinda ***, the block-counter itself isnt. It took me a long time to get my timing down so that I can consistently counter someone, and, I don't pull that counter before a hit even happens, make sure of that. But I just hope that I can still use the timing skills I worked so hard to get in 1.1...I mean, if melee counter is completely impossible now, that sucks. It's like taking out the teleport button cuz ppl think teleporting is lame. This is all assuming that countering is impossible in 1.1, if it is still possible, just not the counter before hit or counter before you give the person a chance to tele, I will be happy enough. But just because some ppl focus on different areas of melee doesn't mean they should be punished.
Wow.

I can think of several things to say but I won't because Hsu will get on my case.

And afaik you can't hit for .8 seconds after releasing block.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree to an extent with Brim, but only about the fact that fast block/counters aren't bad, just the pre-emptive IMPOSSIBLE TO ESCAPE, YOU DIE EVERY TIME, DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO ATTACK THIS GUY counter.

Best answers
if beta 1.1 is gonna be more based on beams they are gonna do somthing bout the powerstruggels because if a person have a higher Ki than you, you don't have a chance.. maby so they could do so that you'll have to click the mousebutton to win Powerstruggels or somthing and the one with the highest ki just dont have to press as fast as the other to win, because i realy hate that if a player with a ki on 900 and my own ki is 800 im sure to loose the powerstruggle.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You all seem to be a bit confused. The lack of instant counters is a good thing, not a bad one. Instant counters were unfair once you ascended beyond the "new player" stage, because no matter how efficiently you learned to evade a counter attack, it was (and is currently) always possible to land that counter. Also, when you reach the more or less elite stages you learn that anyone can pull it off within a quarter of a second of detonating a beam, so there really is no gaurentee that you wont be defeated by someone simply countering every attack.

It should also be noted that head-on collisions are not the be-all end-all of melee encounters. It is merely a factor involved when two good players engage each other in melee. Now it will rely more on ki conservation for those who want to be less risky, or just speed and unpredictability for those who want to get you from the side or behind.

Best answers
Sonic it is quite QUITE posible to evade melee counters, just tele the instand you hit, and make your hits not super obviouse, like tele behind, and most of the time the person is more woried about blockign your hit at that point than countering you.....

But i am happy that counter will be changed, some times it gets soo sooooo anoying

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it isn't QUITE possible to evade melee counters. If NIGHTSHADE cannot avoid my melee counters then it is very possible that NO ONE ELSE can. You have to understand that, as things are, it is possible to counter an attack before it even lands. I can release block and press attack just *before* someone hits me and it will land on them no matter where they end up. Even if they teleport behind me, they will still be hit (which looks kinda funny).

Best answers
I truly do not wish to start an argument but ill show you if you wish....

Pm me if you want to know my aim...

Best answers
MR Gump its true, many times I have hit or been hit by someone before the original melee was landed, how do you propose that you teleport out of the way if you haven't even meleed yet? This feature does need to be changed, but I hope my Block/counter timing training doesn't go to waste with 1.1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by MR GUMP!!
I truly do not wish to start an argument but ill show you if you wish....

Pm me if you want to know my aim...
;/ .... give us the time and your ip and we'll all watch you make a fool of yourself ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, seriously. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Or in the least, doesn't know exactly what WE'RE talking about. Go on and show him. hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can EASILY avoid people who block counter.

/quit

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is not up for debate. You can be struck before your blow lands and after you teleport away. No players are exceptions. Either they know how to counter that way or they don't. It has nothing to do with the person who actually gets hit by the counter.

Best answers
I know exactly what you are talking about, initiating the hit before the person actually hits you... what im saying is this... If you surprise the person so they are not completely aware of you swoop strait at them u can teleport away easily, Swoop at them in a little zig sag or spiral partern.... you can also initiate the telport before you hit them.....

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh sure, you can always hit them when they're asleep, but we aren't talking about that. I can instant counter anyone if I so desire, no matter what I'm doing at the time. I can be fighting someone else, it doesn't matter. My sensitivity is 15 and I'm trained to it. I will eventually see what direction you are coming from and I can counter it. It shouldn't take 20 minutes of getting countered by me to get lucky and hit me in the back. Once you get good at countering you don't have to learn how to do anything else. Turning is less complicated than fighting.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ok lets see what kinds of counters would be left in 1.1 cuz if u played me ill prolly only win by a kind of bug in beta 1

block counter will be out

tele kick swoop interupt will be out

shade's tele to the side then back will be in

tele back then swoop will be more ki based so if u have alot of ki it will be ok,,

ok now i know there will be a hit delay for blocking melee with melee but how about blocking it witha solar flare.... will there be a delay? or instant?

Best answers
sonic thats cuz u always play esf and u've had more experience than most of us =\
I started playing when beta 1.0 came out,u prolly played on original or play more than us on beta 1.0=\

I have hardly enough extra time to play 20 minutes so that definetly explains my lack of skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom