Melee and beams suggestion (poll)

Best answers
I noticed its kind of split down the middle as to whether the melee should be changed or not and that people aren't happy with the beams being so strong so I came up with a nice little idea for the two of them that doesn't remove what the team has so far, just adds onto it.
Ok first my melee idea. So far they've got the smashing only in the game but some people seem upset with it and want punching and kicking. So I got this idea:

1.) Keep smashing but it should require for you to be far away to use say 15 to whatever more feet away

2.) If you get close (about 10 to 5 feet) you can punch and kick. The kicks and punches would be normal when you're just randomly pressing the buttons. But it wouldn't be just simple little punches and kicks only there could be combos too. It would simply be a little p,k,k,p (p=punch, k=kick). And if you land each punch and kick then on the last button you press (this case being punch) then you do a smash or a quick combination of some sort.

3.) If you are fighting someone and you both press punch at the same time or kick then it counts as a block and does little damage.

4.) You can hold down the punch or kick button to charge up the melee attack with ki and do a smash.

5.) Kicks and punches would do little damage with smashes, throws and combos doing more but not enough to kill you as quickly as it does now ingame.

Now here is something new a grabbing system. I think this is the first idea like this but if I'm wrong, correct me.

1.) If you are 5-0 feet away you can grab them by the leg, arm or body. To grab the leg press kick, the arm press punch, and the body press both at the same time.

2.) You can get out of the grab by pressing punch or kick repeatadly like in a power struggle.

3.) If you grab them by the leg then you can spin around and throw them (by pressing kick) or throw them in the direction your pointing by pressing punch.

4.) If you grab their arm then you can pull them forward and kick them really hard in the gut by pressing kick or throw them in the direction your facing by pressing punch.

5.) If you grab their body then you can fly around and throw them in the direction your facing by pressing kick or bear hug them for a few seconds by pressing punch. Then at all times during a grab if you press both kick and punch simultaneously you will let them go.

My idea for beams is simple. When you are charging a beam if you give it a normal charge then it will be like the beams are now in the game. But with my idea when you turn super saiyan or transform the beams should be able to be over charged. To over charge just keep holding the charge button. You will know that it is over charged when the charge bar starts turning yellow from one side to the other instead of green. When you do this there is lightning and other eye candy and instead of an image for a beam, a model is used. The more you over charge it the deadlier and larger it is but the slower it moves. When it is fully charged the beam becomes a one hit kill and instead of blowing up the beam goes through you and gibs you. The beam, when overcharged, should be bigger than you even at the lowest overcharge. Also when the beam is over charged it cannot be detonated but you can still do beam struggles.
Well I hope everyone likes the idea cause it would be cool if the team put this idea in I think.

Best answers
your suggestion is too big. i and probably no one else has bothered to read it. be more concise, split your idea up bringing out specific points by the use of paragraphs.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. The melee system doesn't need that big of a revamp in my oppinion, and beams are massive enough already. I'd prefer a beam system more like my traditional system, as opposed to more and more powerful map nuking systems. It'd be like BFP if you had double the normal starting ki... people would just hiding and charge it up so large that they'd gib the map. Nobody wants that to happen.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster, the beams wouldn't nuke the map at all they wouldn't blow up. They would just go through everything. And now that I think about it when it starts to overcharge you can't move. That way if you hide somewhere and can't see anyone you wont know what your aiming at. And im not talking about the size of Vegetas final flash against Cell, it would be about double your normal character model size at the fullest power.

Best answers
Well I edited it like you said to do Catfish. Hopefully you and everyone else will read it now and vote.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my opinions on it...

the melee part is id bet what advanced melee is gonna be like in 2.0 or when ever its in but i like that idea alot would be cool to pick what to do (note there should be a icon next to the crosshair that tells u if ur in smashing distance or melee distance)

i dont like that grabbing idea... grabbing just seems wrong for esf just not the kind of game that would be good with grabbing

and i like that beam idea would be cool to do a super killer one shot pwnage kamehameha

though u shouldnt be able to do it on basic beams (or just not have it do a 1 hit kill cause that would be dumb to kill anyone with a crapy basic beam)

Best answers
Personally I like the Melee system the way it is. However, I do like the beam idea. However, to make it easier on the esf team changing it a little. Charge the beam and the meter goes up, once the meter is full, your health starts lowering, but very slowly. Thus players could sacrifice life and time and add a lot of extra energy to their beams, however this would be pretty much limited to once a round. This would be useful for when the guy with 10x your powerlevel keeps blasting the hell out of you. You charge up your final flash, and keep charging until you have 5 life left and blast him. He laughs and uses his generic beam, but the beam disappears and he his blown to bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom