McDonalds toys illegal in California

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Banning toys from McDonalds isn't a bad idea. They're supposed to sell food, not hook kids on unhealthy food. Whereas the parent has control then, who knows how that little marketing strategy will influence them in the future? I mean, you said it yourself - ingenous and evil marketing, no?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Banning toys from McDonalds isn't a bad idea. They're supposed to sell food, not hook kids on unhealthy food. Whereas the parent has control then, who knows how that little marketing strategy will influence them in the future? I mean, you said it yourself - ingenous and evil marketing, no?
They aren't supposed to do anything. They can just sit there and sell air for all I care, it's up to them. Kids don't get hooked on the food, they get "hooked" on the surprise present, and this is were the parents should do their job. But no, the parents are too lazy to properly do so. This isn't about ignorance or being stupid, because it's a chewed out topic. You do have ignorant people not knowing how bad it actually is, but the number of obese kids is much higher.

So, what the people in power have done, is taking care of something that's a problem, but at the wrong side. All they did was cover for bad parents.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That's fine. Banning a product as a whole. Schools have a parenting role too, and this is a proper way of doing it. However checking lunchboxes is taking it too far, because that's up to the parents.
Banning a toy from McDonalds is even more retarded as the person in charge is with their children, it's THEIR choice, not the kids.
I haven't read the thread, so I'm assuming Cuc said something about the school checking Maya's lunchbox or something? Over here in Cali, (at least in my area) it's just illegal for teachers and lunch lady's to give away bad foods, drinks, and sodas.. If you bring candy or something, they're not just going to snatch it from your hand and throw it away, otherwise I'm sure the schools would receive at least some complaints.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not going to accuse you of being a bad parent, but you have to admit that there are a lot of bad parents. Over 10% of kids have a pretty terrible home situation, even with government intervention. I have no doubt that the kids taken away from people you know were taken for good reason, as I don't inherently think goverment employees are different from normal people. I mean, if you worked in social services, would you want to separate a child from its parents? I think not.
Probably my fault here for not elaborating, but I'll tell you about two cases I'm personally aquainted with and one that was purely political and in the news.

1) Children are taken away because the child spent time alone with a Paedophile. On paper, this looks like it was not only a good thing, but the right thing to do. The details are a bit different, ex wife leaves children with their father, because she is court ordered to do so. The man he roomed with is a pedo, he did not know this because his room mate never told him, sure the sexual offender law (megan's law) had him properly labeled and located on the map. Child services finds out some time after the fact, and has the mother's children taken away in their tween years untill the oldest kid is 18. How in the hell was this fair? The mother had no idea who the father was rooming with (apparently neither did the father). Had they known, neither parent would have left the children with the pedo. Still child services elected to put both kids with no visitations in foster homes. Tightrope fail.

2) Kid is in crappy family, Mom was a teen mom, barely cares. Several fathers rotate in and out and one of them was a woman who was abusive to both the mom and her kid. Kid is all kinds of ****ed up. Kid tries to kill grandma. Kid now lives in a hospital. Yeah, Grandma and Grandpa did the best they could, but this is a perfectly good example of the system working as intended, albiet too late.

3) Child taken because the father;
a) Had an spousal abuse charge of which he was fully aquitted.
b) failed to attend a family counciling meeting
c) was a member of the Oathkeepers, ex law enforcement and millitary people who intend to keep their oath to protect the consititution against tyranny should it arise in the US. This was cited on the legal paperwork.

This child was taken less than eight hours after it was born for the above reasons, and the Father was told if he attempted to resist CPS taking his child, he would be arrested. After a few days of public outrage abot the abuse of a veteran, the child was returned.

As we have previously agreed on this point, it is a tightrope walk, and some of it is utter shenanigans. If the child's health and well being are in immediate danger then I agree, but I've never met a SINGLE happymeal that has injured any child. Bad parenting is unfortunate, and a fact of life, but banning it for all is rediculous and extreme, hardly what I would call sane. Fortunately I don't live in SF.

If people did not need a government,
You are falsely equating limited government with no government.

nor the tea-party (I hesitate to even mention this, as it seems to be mostly a collection of people who should not be allowed to vote by merit of their own political ignorance) are capable of committing to sensible politics.
Do tell, since you are well versed in the tea party, what the party stands for, what its mission statment is. As you've pointed out, I'm part of the movement, I'm interested in what you think it stands for, and why its people are ignorant.

THIS IS A JOKE->According to Synth, the Democratic Party and the Obama's administration makes me an astroturfed, mouth breating, trailer park dwelling, "ig'nant" that clings to my guns and my religion and didn't understand the sell on big government. Oh, and I just learned the meaning of the word "financial". Can't forget that one while I'm keeping fear alive and being insane. <-- THIS IS A JOKE

As for the toys, this is an example of what I'd call sane regulation. Much like I think it'd be sane to ban hedgefunds all the other fancy financial things that made the US economy fall on its ass.
You know hedgefunds exist because of subprime mortgages and the insurance on them right. Sub prime mortgages are a Dem creation, via Bill Clinton. Give people who can't afford mortgages, mortgages that cannot be afforded (ever do the math on an ARM? Holy ****!) because if you don't you are racist, seriously. Then the democrats blame it on wall street. The republicans share blame only in that they could not force Barney Frank (D) to do an audit of Freddie and Fannie. For not vetoing that bill, I blame Bush. For not doing anything with the bill in the first place, I blame Pelosi et al.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Watching Maya grow up has been the most informative period of my life hands down. Watching a tiny human life that is utterly defenseless in everyway and quite literally a blank slate with some instincts turn into a functional (if hyperactive) human being has been utterly without words to aptly describe. She can busy herself with a rubber band for hours and leave a $50 toy that interacts with her, speaks and makes movement or light shows sitting alone in a corner. That's not to say that fancy toys don't grab her attention, but I've seen her play with just two rocks from the driveway for hours.
I had a similar experience with my younger brother. You could buy him the most expensive toy in the world and it wouldn't get more than a passing glance, but he would play with a handball for hours on end.

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a similar experience with my younger brother. You could buy him the most expensive toy in the world and it wouldn't get more than a passing glance, but he would play with a handball for hours on end.
Even when she's punished and we take away toys that she likes she'll play with a piece of paper and be singing a song while doing it. It always amazes me how she can innovate so easily. I'm proud of my daughter for her great imagination. I love it when she gets a stuffed animal and regails me of the adventures of Princess Maya and Gunnis the Rabbit who "tushy bombs" people because he's a naughty bunny, lmao.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does that rabbit remind me of Bugs Bunny, the way you said it?

In any case im all for as little government as possible, but in exchange schools would have to teach people how to think with their own heads, rather than making them zombies of society.

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Gunnis has pulled the "neaaah, what's up dock?" and "stop steaming up my tail" on me more than once, lol.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
3) Child taken because the father;
a) Had an spousal abuse charge of which he was fully aquitted.
b) failed to attend a family counciling meeting
c) was a member of the Oathkeepers, ex law enforcement and millitary people who intend to keep their oath to protect the consititution against tyranny should it arise in the US. This was cited on the legal paperwork.

This child was taken less than eight hours after it was born for the above reasons, and the Father was told if he attempted to resist CPS taking his child, he would be arrested. After a few days of public outrage abot the abuse of a veteran, the child was returned.
I'd just like to point out that this is probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever read. That just shows how ****ed up our system is.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd just like to point out that this is probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever read. That just shows how ****ed up our system is.
Doesnt that depend on weather he was actually guilty and spoken free thanks to the lawyer or weather he was falsely accused?

Remember dam. Nothing is black and white. Its all shades of gray. Then it just depends on how colour blind people are.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesnt that depend on weather he was actually guilty and spoken free thanks to the lawyer or weather he was falsely accused?

Remember dam. Nothing is black and white. Its all shades of gray. Then it just depends on how colour blind people are.
you serious? Are we reading the same quote here?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
you serious? Are we reading the same quote here?
Being charged with something doesnt automatically mean guilty. Charges can be false. All im saying is that we dont have enough info to condemn the action of the CPS or not.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
what are you talking about? all I said was that our system is ****ed up. examples: some guy gets in trouble because he's naked in his own home. house owner successfully sued because a robber injured himself after jumping out of said houseowner's window. the list goes on and on.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
what are you talking about? all I said was that our system is ****ed up. examples: some guy gets in trouble because he's naked in his own home. house owner successfully sued because a robber injured himself after jumping out of said houseowner's window. the list goes on and on.
Could be a misunderstanding depending on what you thought with that. I thought you took the bold text of the quote as the negative of the system.

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you guys are actually agreeing but misunderstanding eachother.

A mild debate between Dr. Phil McGraw and Anderson Cooper on the matter. Yes I know it's Breitbart, and it will cause minor convulsions and mouth frothing in progressives, but you don't need to click on anything but the vid:

http://www.breitbart.tv/san-francisco-takes-on-happy-meals/

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Could be a misunderstanding depending on what you thought with that. I thought you took the bold text of the quote as the negative of the system.
The empahsis was mine in the original post.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, that part was already in bold, I just simply cut out the other parts of the post. XD

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, that part was already in bold, I just simply cut out the other parts of the post. XD
So it seems cuc was right. We were agreeing with each other, just didnt know it XD My fault mostly ^^

@Cuc the guy in the video has some good points, but in order for that to work you need to educate parents on the matter. Not everyone knows it and the majority choose to ignore it, because they dont really understand the risks. Heck some ignore because of political views. So to get a solid fix on the issue youd need to start with the mentality of such parents.

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Not everyone knows it and the majority choose to ignore it, because they dont really understand the risks. Heck some ignore because of political views. So to get a solid fix on the issue youd need to start with the mentality of such parents.
Health education only ever comes under fire when its trying to push sex education at younger levels. As a Tea Party member, I would have no issues with this whatsoever. As a conservative I have no issues with this whatsoever, this would be an overlap for social conservatives as well. Liberals would not have any issues with pushing this information in schools. Progressives support banning the food altogether, because in their enlightened state, they know we should all eat tofu non-dairy yogurt anyway, and animals are not to be eaten. Yes that was condoscending of me, but you tofu dealers are hooked on your crack and selling it to my kids through the government.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Even when she's punished and we take away toys that she likes she'll play with a piece of paper and be singing a song while doing it. It always amazes me how she can innovate so easily. I'm proud of my daughter for her great imagination. I love it when she gets a stuffed animal and regails me of the adventures of Princess Maya and Gunnis the Rabbit who "tushy bombs" people because he's a naughty bunny, lmao.
It probably takes a lot more imagination and creativity to play with a couple of blocks or a piece of paper, than it takes to play with some kind of robotic toy at that age. She's probably more intrigued by the possibilities of a simple object, than a complex object that dictates a certain way it was meant to be used. It has got to be great to see young children play with 'simple' objects and to see what kind of stuff they can do with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom