Max Payne Movie?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't enjoy the movie, despite it's adherence to the source material, because it looks like the 3-6 panel storyboards you'd see every so often, then I have to question how much of a fan you actually are. I may even have to revoke your fan license and stamp your hand.
If I don't care if it looks like crap, I obviously won't care if it looks like Speed Racer. As I said, I'm more interested in the writing, not in how it looks, unless it turns out like that Frank Miller movie I mentioned, which tries to emulate the Sin City aesthetic and fails miserably. Then the way it looks becomes a distraction, and if I'm not focusing on the dialogue, I can hardly say the movie is good.

If that isn't good enough, take my card. I'm a fan, but I'm not that big of a fan. If I had to choose between reading a good book and seeing Max Payne, I'd probably go for the book.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I don't care if it looks like crap, I obviously won't care if it looks like Speed Racer. As I said, I'm more interested in the writing, not in how it looks, unless it turns out like that Frank Miller movie I mentioned, which tries to emulate the Sin City aesthetic and fails miserably.

If that isn't good enough, take my card. I'm a fan, but I'm not that big of a fan. If I had to choose between reading a good book and seeing Max Payne, I'd probably go for the book.
Well i was saying if it actually pulls off a good comic feel without harming the actual movie.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I wonder if they'll make a game on this movie.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[S];884515 said:
I wonder if they'll make a game on this movie.
The Max Payne series is on hiatus. They were going to make a 3, then chose to make Alan Wake instead. I'm hoping the movie is just a film adaptation of the first film. If it isn't, then I'm worried.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Max Payne series is on hiatus. They were going to make a 3, then chose to make Alan Wake instead. I'm hoping the movie is just a film adaptation of the first film. If it isn't, then I'm worried.
You mean game?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut, film noir means it's a MOVIE, not a game. Silly.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut, film noir means it's a MOVIE, not a game. Silly.
Except when a game attempts to emulate a movie. Then when the game wants to become a movie, we emulate the game instead of the thing the game emulated because the game was incredibly different from its source material. Except it wasn't so emulating the source material rather than the game would only serve to keep the film from looking like Sin City, which was good, but isn't worth copying unless you're looking for a cop out.

Yes, Jakut, I meant game.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was just trying to be witty since the movie is based on a game.

Does anyone else have an opinion of mark whalberg being Max i think he's going to be an awesome max payne.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He looks the part. A little young, but Paynish enough.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I actually thought he might look a bit older then the part i always put Max at around 30? maybe 35.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[S];884528 said:
I actually thought he might look a bit older then the part i always put Max at around 30? maybe 35.
Markie Mark has aged maybe a week in the last 10 years. You know, he has good vibrations.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's what i use to think but his recent appearance in the happening have him looking alot more mature then his pant dropping days. However i think that is make up and effects because in shooter he looked 20 something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom