Max ownz Maya

Best answers
Can't wait for the update too. I'll consiter getting back into modelling with this ;p.

Mastasurf, I am quite sure as yourself that they will fuse alot of the options in the upcomming program. Either that or they might remake/modify most of the tools to benefit both maya and max users, only in a better way ;p.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ow...nice, first 3dsmax costed 3500 dollars, and now that they are gonna add Maya features it will cost 4500 dollars....Yay for money!
No seriously....is Autodesk trying to eliminate competition? If so....Lightwave be warned!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sense a disturbance in the force --;
I don't know why some people are complaining about this. If the next version of Max/Maya its very simple to stick with the old version or switch to a competitors brand (unless they get bought out too ><; )

Best answers
I win 5.5 seconds for Max start up!!! yeah this is good news. I hope they make a hybrid utility. Can you say 3d Studio MaXa?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its more like 3d Studio Maya :p sounds pretty strange

Best answers
they'll just stay 2 seperate programs, only changes i think will happen is max file import for maya.
and maya file import for max.

Autodesk didnt make 3dmax btw, they just bought the company who does: Discreet.

about 7/8 months ago autodesk bought Discreet, now they bought Alias, which company/program will be next ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
In a SHOCKING move today Autodesk (the creators of 3D Studio Max) purchased Alias (the creators of Maya) for $182 million dollars. The news articles are here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=5970886&siteID=123112

http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=3166

I posted this here because it has a DIRECT relation to this forum, hope that doesn't disturb anyone. Personally I didn't see this coming and I'm quite shocked. Anyone up for some discussion?
clue me in on this thread (who is maya?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that´s a pic of meyers work, he done alot of such stuff.. <_< you prolly could see it on cg talk...

its done in maya ....

also i hope if the polygon creating system will change <_<.... then i might try it if there will be a demo...

you prolly could say <_< image edit:

Best answers
isnt meier more of a Z-brush dude ?
kinda strange to use z-brush to make a logo for maya

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at the cgtalk forum he said that he all do it with maya <_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom