Manual or Automatic?

Manual or Automatic?

• Manual

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Automatic

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Drive? I'm too young! / I don't have a car / I don't have a license / more excuses

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was pondering this as I was driving home and flipping between drive and neutral (lame-o auto driver here :() everytime I went downhill pretending I had a manual car and wishing my parents had a manual car that I could've learnt on.

So anyway, what's your transmission?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manual only cause it was the only driving option.

Got the car then leart how to work a manual :)

Auto = Lazy car

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got a Calais, being a luxury car- made for a smooth drive, they are only made in auto.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manual. Automatic is for the lazy and uncoordinated, and women. :p

I jest. In all seriousness, I prefer to be in control of the tach and when the car shifts gears.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got automatic.

Interesting enough i have a car but im still working on the license XD

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have automatic since thats all thats available to me.

Best answers
Manual, there's something manly about being able to control your gear shifting, and it's fun to redline it, course I don't because I care about my truck more than that, and it wouldn't do my little four cylinder much good it's still slow as ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My mom's car which I usually drive is automatic, but it also has those click things on the wheel so you can change the gears. It's pretty cool.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Cirrus I drive has an automatic transmission, while the Smart has a clutchless, 6-speed manual transmission (also called a semi-automatic transmission; not to be confused with an automatic transmission that has the option of allowing you to shift gears manually. The Smart has a manual gearbox). Nobody in my family, when I was learning to drive, had a vehicle with a manual transmission, so until I can get my hands on a well-worn vehicle in order to practice, I'll just have to be satisfied with the Smart's transmission (which, in reality, gives me a satisfactory amount of control over how high I want the engine revving; I just don't have to worry about learning to operate a clutch just yet).

There's no poll option for "Both", though =(

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manual. Automatic is too boring. A manual gets tiresom in traffic (especially here in Tampa) but a manual is more fun and easier to modify for racing. It gives you more control of the car. Automatics dont like to downshift when theyre supposed to and more ofen than not they upshift at the wrong time.

Though they do make cars with good tramsnissions that perform pretty well that have a clutchless manual (paddle shifters). Though alot of them have an annoying lag between the time you shift and the time the car actually changes gears.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Automatic. I recently got my licience, so I am happy with a car I can call my own :). Don't see why I would need manual.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
manual, can accelerate quicker, brake better, be in complete control, and not **** the gearbox by driving like a ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
manual. reasons mentioned above and the fact automatics are horribly boring to drive in comparison to a nice nippy manual.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manual because

doesn't come in automatic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, to start off, I don't have a car of my own.

I also do not have a license, but I do have a permit, meaning, I cannot drive a car alone.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manual....now. My old Chevy finally died. RIP 1989-2008.

Best answers
I have driven plenty of manuals. But now I use an automatic cause well. That works alot better with 4 wheel drive. Manuals seem to wear out clutches way to fast off road. (The constant starting and stoping on rocks)

Anyways alot of new automatics have a semi-automatic function. Which allows you to control what gear you are in with a click of a button. Ferrari does this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom