Manual or Automatic?

Manual or Automatic?

• Manual

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Automatic

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Drive? I'm too young! / I don't have a car / I don't have a license / more excuses

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Manual. I love bein in control of my cars gears.

Best answers
I learnt in an manual and i drive a Ford Focus 1.8 (2000 model)

IIRC in the uk it's ilegal to drive a manual if you learnt in an Automatic they may of changed it.

Best answers
At work I drive a dump truck (8speed i drive without clutch 600hp ftw). I like auto better for the most part, sure manual is fun but auto is just care free and easy.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Different states in Aus have diferent rules regarding what you can drive

In SA learn in whatever you want and drive whatever you want

Other states have the rule where you need to learn in a manual before you can drive one and power restrictions on different level permits

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Different states in Aus have diferent rules regarding what you can drive

In SA learn in whatever you want and drive whatever you want

Other states have the rule where you need to learn in a manual before you can drive one and power restrictions on different level permits
Sounds organised!
I drive a manual, my dad a automatic.
I prefer the Manual cause of the vroom vroom sounds you can make :( seriously..

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Manual all the way! Just paid about $150 for my new clutch though.. sucks ass.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I drive a 1970 Type 1 Volkswagen Beetle that has a clutch in it. I like manual over automatic because you have better control around corners and you don't always have to brake. Tiptronic transmission is flat out the best because all you have to do is push a button and you shift up or down. From this, it has more of a video game feel to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I drive a 1970 Type 1 Volkswagen Beetle that has a clutch in it. I like manual over automatic because you have better control around corners and you don't always have to brake. Tiptronic transmission is flat out the best because all you have to do is push a button and you shift up or down. From this, it has more of a video game feel to it.
Don't forget to hit the pedestrians on the way out, mr video game.

Anyways, I prefer automatic. I drive with my left hand and my right hand keeps me occupied to where I wouldn't be able to hold onto a stick ****.

Oh giggity.

I've never driven a manual anyways. I want to though.

Best answers
If you want to say manual sometimes gives you better gas mileage that's fine but when people start saying they can take turns better in a manual that's just wrong. You are not a race car driver, you can take a turn just as good in an automatic as you can in a manual. :rolleyes:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not true tabs, if you are driving hard, you can induce drift by downshifting, which is essential for high speed turns. You cannot do this in an automatic without accelerating which pulls you out of drift. Shifting into D3 or D2 in an automatic to induce drift is laughable at best.

Still, for everyday driving, automatic is just as good as manual. Despite not being a race car driver, I've had to induce drift to avoid obsticals like deer, bad drivers, even fallen trees. It happens.

Another point of interest, if you repair your own vehicles, manual is infinately easier to fix than automatic. Manual transmissions tend to last longer too.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The biggest thing I feel between Auto and Manual, is where you're driving. I happen to live really close to the city and my residential area is still quite bustling (just outside of the quiet streets anyway) the point is, I could only find a manual frustrating if while driving in the city you can't even take it out of first gear due to having to stop every hundred metres at traffic lights. Maybe driving on open highways in europe or america (or even aussie outback) you'd get more enjoyment out of a manual, but city driving it's auto all the way for ease and lack of frustration.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The biggest thing I feel between Auto and Manual, is where you're driving. I happen to live really close to the city and my residential area is still quite bustling (just outside of the quiet streets anyway) the point is, I could only find a manual frustrating if while driving in the city you can't even take it out of first gear due to having to stop every hundred metres at traffic lights. Maybe driving on open highways in europe or america (or even aussie outback) you'd get more enjoyment out of a manual, but city driving it's auto all the way for ease and lack of frustration.
it's really the other way around, you actually never drive in first gear, it's just for starting up
you switch to second gear before you even reach 5 miles an hour.

driving on highways is equally boring for both manaul and automatic, as you never shift to begin with ;)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's really the other way around, you actually never drive in first gear, it's just for starting up
you switch to second gear before you even reach 5 miles an hour.

driving on highways is equally boring for both manaul and automatic, as you never shift to begin with ;)
Shows how much I know about manuals :(

I think the principal is the same though, if you never have to even change your gears cause of traffic, whats the point in driving manual?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom