Major Server Problems, plz help

Best answers
heres what i have:
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe -game esforces +port 27016 +maxplayers 12 +map esf_deserarena

it comes up as hl teamplay, and doesnt even work. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best answers
Just a guess here,
get rid of the port
otherwise read the readne

Best answers
wtf... get rid of the port why? That hasnt got nothing to do with it, sorry bad guess i guess, lol, thx for replying though, and what readme? i see a whatsnew.txt

Best answers
"mp_gamemode" "1"
change that in your game.cfg and then try again it should change it to ffa

Best answers
I have the same problem when trying to start a LAN game. When I create the server, it comes up as HL Teamplay, or just regular half-life, and no one else on the LAN can join it.

Retired
Best answers
sorry man atomic, but i really can't help you with your prob. yeah i know i shouldn't be posting here then, but hey what's stopping me :)

Combat-Hamster

C
ok im guessing your using some Serverdoc like program that auto restarts your server when crashing if u use a command right? Well since i have been using programs like that forawhile it seems that for some options that u have to go and make a server the normal way and change options in there cuz it sees those and keeps them. Go in to make a server and go to advanced options put it on FREE FIGHTING then make the server then kill the server and put in the server start up code u got and it should work with the FREE FIGHTING ON ive tried The mp_gamemode 0 1-3 and it doesnt seem to work so this should work.. Works for me :)

Best answers
I had this problem when setting up my servers. For it not to be on team play, change mp_gamemode to 0. You must change this in the game.cfg and add it to the server.cfg. Doing this should solver your problem.

Best answers
The problem is the port

-port 27016

either that or you need to open up a port on your internet gateway to redirect all who are logging onto port 27016 to your computer

*remember, when you play, you need to use your LAN IP ADDRESS while others use your ISP IP ADDRESS*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom