Main Menu animation problem...

Best answers
Ok, now I'm not sure if I'm the only person who has this problem, but it also happens in Day of Defeat and any other mods with the animated title screens. I open up the mod, either from a short-cut or from custom game menu in Half-Life. When ESF comes up, and the name with the lightning bolts on it shows, it loads up each frame one by one really slowly like it's being filled... like something in microsoft paint on a Pentium 100...

My system specs:
AthlonXP 1500+
GeForce 2 MX400 64MB
256 RAM
40 GIG HD

Not sure what else I can say, but I'd really appreciate any help at all. By the way.... it didn't do this until I got rid of Windows XP and got 98 back, but this is the only thing that is going wrong that I haven't fixed yet.

Best answers
no help? anybody? please????? this is really bothering me... along with not being able to log on to valve.... it just won't work!

Best answers
Y'know, the only mod I've ever seen NOT have that animated title load problem is The Opera (And Op Force, HL, Blue shift, TFC... You get the idea)...

Best answers
Yes, I have all the latest drivers for every single thing i have installed on my PC. This animation problem is the reason for that, but it didn't get fixed. So..... other people get the same problem as I do? I know it's strange, but the animated title on the regular Half-Life game loads up just fine........

Best answers
gforce2 mx is not very good and 256 ram isnt a whole lot, but i dont think that would be the problem...how long does it take to load? if the game plays fine i dont think its a major issue.

Best answers
The game runs perfectly fine. The thing is, I just got rid of Windows XP and the animations loaded right away in XP. I got Win98 back, and now this happens. Seems to be the only problem so far with Half-Life, except for the fact that when i exit HomeWorld, I have to reboot in order to play anything else at all. My GeForce 4 Ti4200 is coming soon, so maybe that will fix some of this crap that's been going on.... I can only hope

Best answers
Well, I just can't figure this out... Could this be related to my video card reporting 2 monitors? Ever since i downgraded to Win98, my GeForce card says it has 2 monitors connected to it. I hear this can cause some bad problems with some software, but I just can't get it to stop reporting a second monitor on the card... I got to the device manager, but it says there is just 1 monitor installed, so WTF is going on here? When I right-click on the desktop, go to properties, then go to settings, instead of a picture of a single monitor it shows my primary one, and a small seconday one. There is a drop-down menu to select between the 2, and the second one says:

(Unknown Monitor) on NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Now.... I'm not sure if this is the cause of all my problems, but when i set my refresh rate to optimal and then load Half-Life, it re-sizes the display every other time it loads up, like it can't stay at the same refresh rate or something. I fixed it by setting the rate to adapter default, but I'm locked at 60 FPS. I have an on-board video card, but I totally uninstalled it's drivers. Could it still be causing problems? I'm totally stumped. I've asked the same question on tech-help boards but haven't gotten any real help yet. Please somebody.... HELP MEEEEE!

Best answers
Cant work out why u would go back to win98 :rolleyes:

My advice install win xp again so much better...

Best answers
what you mean when you play a game and press Escape and then it has a small screen of the menu then a big screen that happens to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom