Low spec pc?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I tried running esf 1.2.3 on another computer yesterday and it had 5 fps, and while paused it was 10 fps
the hardware was 512MB ram, 2GHz processor and 64MB graphics card. Then I also ran half-life and it still had low fps (but more than esf). Could it be that having multiple accounts even if just one account is logged in slow the pc that much?
It's not just about esf, so that's thy the post is in this section.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's weird.
I have a crappy pc too. The only thing that i have in plus is 512mb of Ram(1Gb total). Also my Cpu is slower(Amd 1700 at 1400). And esf 1.2.3 works perfectly fine. Half-life 2 also works decent.
I think you have a problem with your pc.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could run it on my old 1.5GHZ Athlon, with a intergrated Geforce 2 32MB, 512 MB of RAM computer. :p

Do you have dual monitors?

Are you running it in OpenGL?

Are you running NVIDIA? If so, go to Display options and change it to SINGLE DISPLAY setting, if I have it on Multiple, I get as low as 23FPS on a GTX260.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pentium 3 550 MHz, 256 MB RAM and Geforce 256 anihilator pro (32MB) = ESF 1.2.3 with 20 FPS

Tested by my old PC.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'll check the video card later today. On my own pc esf runs at 30fps while standing idle and 20 fps while charging/swooring/etc (details at max at 1024x768 in a window, which I'm satisfied with)
My pc's specs are:
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
1.61 GHz, 960 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6100, 256 MB

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could always get ESF 1.2.3 to work well on my busted ass 933 mhtz, 64mb voodoo 5500 PCI, 1 gig ram. You might have bigger probs atm.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll check the video card later today. On my own pc esf runs at 30fps while standing idle and 20 fps while charging/swooring/etc (details at max at 1024x768 in a window, which I'm satisfied with)
My pc's specs are:
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
1.61 GHz, 960 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6100, 256 MB
You have a problem too then. It should run with 100 FPS for you.

Did you try overclocking your CPU?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hlev overclocking is a stupid idea. It drastically shortens the lifespan of the unit.

Besides his speed aint the issue. Im more willing to believe its the cause of faulty drivers since it happens on both his computers.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.84 GHz which failed. I overclocked to 2.0 GHz - much better.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
overclocking might speed up the whole deal, but as grega mentioned it shortens the lifespan. Not to mention it also increases the temperature which can lead to more issues.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never had problems with temperature. And my Sempron was bought more than 6 years ago and I wasn't the one who bought it.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol....my crappy Athlon is also 6 years old.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Changed OpenGL to D3D and became slower on my pc, but faster on the other (forgot to see the video card), changed to Software and the fps are still at 30, but never go above that, like a fps limit, graphics are very crappy and then I charge fps drop to 8-10 (swooping effects don't appear and I see my char's hands trough him)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Over-clocking shortens the Life-Span of a CPU from 10 years, to 7 years.

If you have a computer for more than 7 years, you're doing it wrong'

No, honestly. OCing makes almost no difference as long as you monitor temps well and heat decently.

They've done tests, someone had a P4 OC'ed to 3.8GHZ for 7 years and still works without a hitch. OC'ing just means it won't last 10 years.

7 years is plenty.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OCing doesn't mean it won't last 10 years. Heat means it won't last 10 years. If you can effectively cool your CPU to normal temps while overclocking (while not boosting the voltage anyway), the CPU will probably last just as long. That said, 99,9% of the people alive have yet to see a CPU's life end prematurely. The other 0,1% didn't effectively cool their CPU and watched it blow in a million pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom