Looking for 1vs1 Maps

Best answers
I'm looking for small close-spaced maps for 1vs1 fighting. Maps where there is no where to run or hide, that will force you to home your skills or die in seconds, because players will respawn right on your heels. I'm looking for something smaller than the cell games map, something around three or four times larger than the cell ring or something the size of one of the domes in the battle arena map. Actually, if someone cut off the rest of the map and just keeped the dome in that map (battle arena) it would be perfect.

So my question to you is what is the smallest map available for ESF (besides cell games)?

P.S. If there isn't any updated maps designed for 1vs1 fighting, I and the community would appreciate someone spending their free time to map one specifically for those dynamic 1vs1 battles.

Thx

Best answers
I could make one if you want .. tell me how it should be
(i guess its like a room with an arena like cellgames arena in and thats it?)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the misticssjgoku4 :S pack has some oper arena's, you only nead to play close to the ground becours they all respond there.

Best answers
Great

Yeah, it would be great if you made one. Well as for how I think it should be, I like to leave that to the artist.. But I'll add some suggestions...

The space should be about 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the present cell games. It could be an arena, or it could be a open space with a ring in the middle. Maybe there could be two versions night and day(doesn't really matter)... if it's an open area, it shouldn't be too boring.... I think a smaller version of Kami's palace would be perfect because it's dbz and its familar(but it would be where you can't fall of the side, because people will hide that way, and the ceiling shouldn't be too high up). But basically the map shouldn't make you use all your ki to get to the other side. You die, then you respawn, and you can continue the fight in seconds without wasting time. Finally, I'll say that as long as its in the dbz world it will be used/DL'ed (but it doesn't matter)...

P.S. A fps friendly map would be nice to :D (*personal request, can be ignored)

Best answers
Mapping

Hi!
I could map a 1vs1 map for you...
I do have much spare time to kill, so ill happily
do it for you... just tell me where to send the finished map.
and if u don't resieve a map... i got something else to do...

Best answers
maybe have it the map size be small enough so that no matter where the other guy is, he'll always be visible on the scouter

Best answers
i still wonder should i make
1) an arena like cell gems (only that in map)
2) some kind of room that you fight in
3) some classical DB theme (tell me which one in that case)

Best answers
hey!

why can't you just make a map like Miki800 - wu_spacearena_b1 thats a god map if you colud make one a litle like it maybe a litl bigger arena and litle smaller map you got a little 1vs1 map :]

Best answers
Raistlin_Majere a dome would be good, it's just sometimes domes get boring (because no sky) so I guess you'd have to add little things to keep us interested. Maybe a platform on the wall where you can throw them in/on, and sometimes we can spawn on it. And also maybe you can make the dome an open dome.

den_gs make a smaller kami's palace map :p

Best answers
PLZ post screenshots on that niobe.
and the work of my map went to the twilight zone cuzz of when i furst was 50 percent finished the map wouldnt let me stand on the ground. i was like half a meter over and i got pissed :p
so it will come up an easy version of a 1 on 1 map
(the one i was working on was a map where you started at youg gokus house
and from there you teleported to different kind of arenas ((domes etc)) where you could fight)
but i promise you there WILL be a little map for you guys
-- artwork included-- ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont put pic's here becours it's not wurt the trobble, it's only a simple map.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But I can't play it. It doesn't show on the map list in the create server menu.
It happens with other maps too. Anyone knows why?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.......reinstal esf?
*edit*
i fixed the map file so now you have no water sky and light.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Orbit said:
But I can't play it. It doesn't show on the map list in the create server menu.
It happens with other maps too. Anyone knows why?
place it in your esf/maps folder. If it still does not show up, then the mapper forgot to add an info_player_deathmatch.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't there a map in the 1.0 days name esf_1vs1 or esf_1on1

It placed a arena in the center and a bean spawn in the arena. (caged arena)
Only 2 players were allowed in there at one time, and they teleported in using a tele script on the platform where the beans were. (of course there was a emergency etrance for when both players died)

Does anyone remember that map and know where it might be?

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
place it in your esf/maps folder. If it still does not show up, then the mapper forgot to add an info_player_deathmatch.
Nope.
there needs to be : info_player_good(_start) info_player_evil(_start)
AND a info_player_start
to make it appear.
alas you can use your brain and write in console "map <mapname>"
BTW:
i can make a map like that (1on1) but not the only 2 in the arena at once...
itlll just take a few clicks and it will be like:
players start on a glass at the top of the map.
on each side of the glass there is a tile you can walk on and get teleported down to a arena.

and then we hope ppl will follow rules and make it 1 on 1 no a sick DM on a duel map xD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. The map is already made. Its just the fact that the only hard drive where it was possible (in my house) doesnt work anymore, so I think the map is now lost forever.

I could make the map too, it is verry simple. Let me describe it in great detail

In the center there is a HUGE caged arena. There is a yellow and black striped small platform with 1 bean spwan. Below it is a button (i forgot what it said). Press the button and the teleporter "activates" and the player that was on the teleporter on the outside gets moved into the area.
Just outside the arena (north and south) to the north there is a small box which is open ONLY at the map start. When a player enteres it, he gets teleported to the arena and the box closes. To the south is the teleport.
(Up and down) To the top is the top of the arena and just enough room for you to move to see the battle from the top. Nothing downwards.
(East and west) There is a small arena type seating that you can use. (all they did was just 3 blocks that you could stand on, but I would want more than just simply that)
there was a wall that you could walk through ONLY INCASE if both players died. It would teleport you to the arena.

This is critical: USE A CAGE. Sound can travel through it instead of glass.
The atmosphere: The origional map maker used the same STONE wad for all the walls. I think this is important because it gives the map a kinda this is a place where either you live or die feel. And the gate for the box to teh north was metal.

In orther words, use a cage and don't use bright colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom