Live until the year 3000!?!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you would like.,...to have sex with ur wife for a 1000 year.....well....what a nice way to (litteraly) screw up ur life >_<
Just the idea....ppl here in holland are already annoyed that they need to work untill they are 65 years old...after working like 40 years in the same place it gets boring
think of when ur living for a 1000 years...you could do a different job every 20 years but that would be annoying, you could be working at the same place for 800 years...but that would be boring....living 1000 years could be a fun idea, but i will bet...alot of ppl would commit suicide after a while....the human body and mind isnt supposed to be living that long you would go mad...

Best answers
Sicron said:
So you would like.,...to have sex with ur wife for a 1000 year.....well....what a nice way to (litteraly) screw up ur life >_<
Just the idea....ppl here in holland are already annoyed that they need to work untill they are 65 years old...after working like 40 years in the same place it gets boring
think of when ur living for a 1000 years...you could do a different job every 20 years but that would be annoying, you could be working at the same place for 800 years...but that would be boring....living 1000 years could be a fun idea, but i will bet...alot of ppl would commit suicide after a while....the human body and mind isnt supposed to be living that long you would go mad...

Lol ya, we would go insane! Hell it's an interesting story but in the article it showed that guy's picture to first live to 1000 and it looks like he's 60? (if i have this wrong plz correct me) BUt i didnt know we had this technology for over a 1000 years. I mean we made this invention in the 1800s??? I think i may be readin it wrong o well. Anyway ya i would definately HATE to live 1000 years. I mean boredem..jobs will suck...i dont think i can put up with acting for 1000 years i mean **** there's gotta be a time where i just retire! I think we are good right now. Plus on top of that then we would most definately overpopulate. Another thing you people think that we will never accomplish anything! What load of crap. I mean we will still accomplish many many things just most of us will not see it. In the future people will still keep inventing! People will still be living! It's not like this is the miracle cure for anything all it's doing is just prolonging what all old people want...TO BE DEAD! Seriously, how many old people still want to be living??? As far as i know, every old person i meet keeps telling me, one day i wont have to deal with this pain, etc, etc. Think about this, If you choose to live 1000 years. Think about suffering from an illness for 1000 years! Wouldnt that just be fun!? Hell i know if i get something like diabetes i would HATE to put up with it for 1000 years! THat would irritate the hell out of me! ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You say old people want to die, but your forgetting that these old people are physically old, there bodies are deterierating and slowly being destroyed. This idea is saying you would live to be a thousand, you wouldn't be old at 100 years and then continue to be old for another 900. The whole thing reverses and restores damaged cells and stuff, if you had read through the thing properly you would have understood that you wouldn't be old and crippled the whole time, being 500 years old would be like being 50. You would stay youthful for a much longer time.

And about the 60 year old guy, they were saying that this proccess would be available to older people as well as younger people. It would reverse cellular damage to that 60 year old man, making him phyisically youthful again, so he could continue to be youthful for a few hundred years before his body starts deterierating again at much older ages.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Noah lived to be... 900 i think.. or maybe it's 1,000. Pretty much all the decendants of Adam and Eve had outrageous lifespans. I was discussing this with my best friend, he said, and i quote, "Yeah well they didn't have Mcdonalds:p".

Best answers
well how bout this question...who HONESTLY would WANT to live for 1000 years? Seriously how bored/pissed off would you be knowing that you have to take care of a life long disease(s) a.k.a. diabetes. Seriously man who would want to look like a 10 year old when really they are like 20. That would be nucking futs! Well depends when you get it. Anyway wouldn't you're brain get tired of serioulsy nothing? I mean I'd be bored as hell. Knowing that what i've accomplished is what i wanted to accomplish..well...then what...just like 500 years of just sitting on my ass or something. Damn that would be boring. I'd just rather shoot myself when im done. They say in that article people choose when we die/live if we do this. What they dont realize is we've had that power all along.

Retired
Best answers
I kinda doubt it's possible, I believe you can extend life, slow down the ageing process...but to 1000 years? hmm. what bugs me the most is the overpopulation. if there are a lot more people being born, than people that die we will have a problem. I mean it's already hapening. our population already increases. but it would be dramatic if we invented something that made us live for 1000 years. In the end however it kinda falls back, because obviously people reach the 1000 age. and die aswell. meaning the stream of life kinda resumes like it does now.

however bridging that 1000 years is gonna increase the world population a lot ;)

Best answers
If it would be for all:
Overpopulation.
More violence over living areas.
More gangs, and more gang wars.
A horrible life for 1000 years, doesn't look too good now?

If it would be only for the rich:
The poor/average part of humanity will turn against the rich.
World wide war against the rich.
More deaths, and more disasters for humanity.
Yet another horrible way of living for 100/1000 years.

Yes, I am a pessimistic person.

Best answers
Wellllll, if that ain't food for thought I don't know what is.

1000 years? Damn, just imagine the experiences you'd have in a single lifetime.

However, there is the issue of potential overpopulation... what if they'd make a pill or something to make it possible to live for 1000 years, and you could decide for yourself wether to take it or not? I'm pretty sure there'd be an equal amount of ppl who'd take it and those who wouldn't.

Best answers
I'm torn on whether or not I would wanna live a 1,000 years. I guess I would have to see how some other people turn out. And since I can't, that's out of the question.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
Noah lived to be... 900 i think.. or maybe it's 1,000. Pretty much all the decendants of Adam and Eve had outrageous lifespans. I was discussing this with my best friend, he said, and i quote, "Yeah well they didn't have Mcdonalds:p".
Noah wasn't 1000..the oldest person in Bible history was 999, and that was Methusula or something like that.

Well, personally I wouldn't want to live 1000 years.

80 years old and crapping myself is bad enough -_-

Sound Artist
Best answers
Magus said:
Noah wasn't 1000..the oldest person in Bible history was 999, and that was Methusula or something like that.

Well, personally I wouldn't want to live 1000 years.

80 years old and crapping myself is bad enough -_-
I said either 900 or 1,000, checking it again, he lived to be 950 years old. So, pretty close for off the top of my head.

Best answers
If we grow up slower then, maybe we might have...school for some years...

"Great now im finally in class 20!"

"Bah, you are young, im in class 46 muahahaha!!!"

But, if we still learn as fast as now, then we wont have extra school, but if we dont...

"My cute baby is 20, soon he learns how to walk"

You might get some new games, in that time :p

Half-life 500, where gordon has wheel chair turbo boost 245B II....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would we suddenly become dumber?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're thinking that you can live to 1000 from birth. I doubt parents would do that, they'd probably give you the pill after you're like 30 or 40.

Best answers
it just wouldnt work.. over populatoon closly followed by pensions (lots of).. homeless etc witch would result in the groverments a **** load.. so currency would deflate thus majour financial problems hense why our governments wouldnt allow for this sort of thing to work..

-SaN

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We could always manufacture more diseases...

Or scientists and the like could make space colonies a reality. Im sure if we had geniuses that lived 1000 years, things wouldn't seem so complex.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We could just do things like they do in china. If you have more then 1 kid, we kill the kid. It would be barbaric, but it would probably be necessary to survive.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is not what China does. If you have twins, you're allowed to keep them. If you have one child, that's all you're allowed to have.

If you have an illegitimate, illegal second chill, the Chinese government will take any number of steps: fines, jailtime, mandatory sterilization, refuse to pay for their schooling, etc.

They do not execute the children, you are mistaking the Chinese population killing their newborns if it turns out to be a girl, which is highly illegal there.

Best answers
We could have fun wars with massive armies of people with sticks and stones to solve the population problem :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
We could just do things like they do in china. If you have more then 1 kid, we kill the kid. It would be barbaric, but it would probably be necessary to survive.
another reason not to live a 1000 years....why only allow ppl to have 1 child? just because we can live 1000 years then? screw longer life then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom