Live until the year 3000!?!

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i read some articles and saw some documentary movies about such stuff.
i dont think its completely bs though

but i see a big problem there IF we actually could like a few hundred years or even way more ... overpopulation :p

Best answers
Not only that but think of this for a second

Hello hoe old are you?
Im 999 sonny
o_O

That doesnt seem right.... Then think about this

Cosemetics will rule us all and destroy us all

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't want to live that long. Ugh. Can you imaginbe working the same schlock job for 950 years ;P

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I wouldn't want to live that long. Ugh. Can you imaginbe working the same schlock job for 950 years ;P

-Karrde-
You could always change proffessions. It's not like you'd be short on time. ;D

Personally, I'd love it, sure maybe there would be a slight population problem (ok a huge one), and i'm sure there are a lot of other things, but humanity would be able to work it out.

And I mean come one, how sweet would it be to live for a thousand years, here's hoping this comes true one day.

Best answers
that would be weird. Walk around and ask someone how old they are, 567, ohh im 679. lol. but what if we still got the features of and elder person, like rincles, and such at the average age? Would we look like that for the rest of the 900 years?

Best answers
i didnt read the article cause i dont have time.. but im thinkin. After a certain age the human body starts to frail and disintigrate.. So in time the body would just give up regardless if the mind hasent. Its not natural, hold on got college work to do i will edit this later bah damm teacher person!

-SaN ¬_¬

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's still so many things we don't know about the human body.. This would be interesting if true, but they'd have to do some crazy things to allow people to live that long.

Restrict who can/how many people can benefit from it, possibly sterilize people or strictly control sex.. It's human nature to want something but not have to pay a price for it.

We don't know the limits of the human mind--even if we could keep the body alive, there's no telling when the mind would "become full" and you'd no longer be able to process new information, or perhaps the brain would forcibly discard other data and you wouldn't remember your childhood or various things that you learned.

It boils down to Earth. Earth can only support so many people, and there are no other habitable planets in the solar system. And don't say "We could terraform Mars," because that's just as much science fiction as this thread is.

Best answers
Im just happy Scotland aint over populated, up here its nice and peacfull.. See we got the same amount of people in Scotland than in London alone.. now thats something to think about! One country in one City..

If the planet got totally overpopulated you can say bye bye to all the forestry and green around or hi hi to a **** load of homless and randoms... then they invade scotland. !! :'( and we will be as full as england :( Dont let it happen people.. kill yo self lol

-SaN ^^!

Best answers
well, i think it realy would be fun to live up to 1000 years, gain A lot of experience. But if overpopulation would be a problem, than maybe someone would create a speceship that could travel like... very fast (?) and go and live in other planets (crazy thought)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Meh, I'm content with the average age of 80 :p

1000 years = overpopulation. Just because there'es a crapload of old people over 500 years old, doesn't mean they can build a spaceship and ive on a habitable planet. :O

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We could just invent a time machine and travel 1000 years in the future. On the plus side it won't take as long.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would hate if this ever happend, 110 years should be the max of a human at most...dont u think life would get boring if ur 1000 years old...if there would be a chance to become 1000 years old...i would NEVER take it

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Living to 1000 would pwn. Then we'd get to see how far humanity has come over 1000 years instead of 70 or so.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the space age/exploration program can keep up with this process, then I'm all for it.

Gives me an extra 1000 years to improve my practice in Tai Chi. :]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think how great Shaolin monks would become after 1000 years of training O_O.

I'd love to live for 1000 years. I'd be able to accomplish any goal I might have.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I'd love to live for 1000 years. I'd be able to accomplish any goal I might have.
Except your virginity :p

I wouldn't really like to live one thousand years. Yes it does have its advantages, but it also has disadvanages. For example, say you have found the love of your life and you made a commitment to enjoy your lives togather until you both die, but you'll live much longer than her/him o_O

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Forgotten said:
For example, say you have found the love of your life and you made a commitment to enjoy your lives togather until you both die, but you'll live much longer than her/him o_O
Unless.. she lives a 1000 years too.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So exchanging sex drive for immortality? Uh... I hope to God that Gordan Freeman can come save us!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're a fool to believe i would exchange meh sex drive for 1000 years of extra time on Earth. However, I seriously doubt i would have to give up something like that in order to live for a ridiculously long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom