liek OMG teh juggernaut

Best answers
mind posting some screen grabs from ms3d for that head, im quite curious on how u built that :)

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its all taken from milkshape just to point out that I dont have any other programs installed. why? because I will buy new comp and deal with new things when that day comes.

now how I did teh head: firstly I deleted all exept the head, then "meshsmoothed" it once and played by moving some verticies turning some polys where they belong making a poly flow or what ever. Its all been made in 30 minutes or I dont know maybe less for fun and not to start war between software capabilities :)

Best answers
you sure know your way in high poly especially if it's just ms3d...and yeah some porfessional program will defiantly help out :p

Best answers
Really nicely built, all the triangles seem to flow in a really good direction. I didnt even know MS could add more literations to its meshes.
Thats the type of head that'll be great to have a go at texturing.

Best answers
broli said:
you sure know your way in high poly especially if it's just ms3d
Tell me about it. Those creases around the eyes look crazy. That's a hell of a job. Say i wouldn't mind modelling an x-man of my own. Are there any ones left?

Best answers
The_Real_Legend said:
Tell me about it. Those creases around the eyes look crazy. That's a hell of a job. Say i wouldn't mind modelling an x-man of my own. Are there any ones left?
too many. cable, x-man, psylocke, rogue, beast, banshee etc
they even split the mutants under xavier into different teams.

not to mention villians like onslaught, apocalypse, colossus(acolytes) etc

So yeah, take your pick. I would love to see a good onslaught and/or cable though. :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wont turn away ANY offered help,

however, if the mod ever does take off i can gaurantee that it will result in a huge style difference in character models ^^, i dont care about that though.

the more the merrier, and i just hope we can adopt some sort of a move selected system triggered by outside files so you can make your xmen have all the powers you want. (or at least modifed versions of other characters attacks) else we may have a alot of people using the exact same movesets >_>.

on a side note this mod, (least the modelling aspect of it) came together really suddenly, no real concrete plans were made, no team leaders were selected, (though i pitched the idea, i dont think id make much of a leader) no coders were secured, (i can ask around, but i dunno how far i will get)

mappers and additional modellers/skinners will be easy, so im not too worried about that part, but the coding aspect worries me. if we cant get all organized and select a team leader, i guess i will spearhead it until we find someone better. but i really dont want that kind of attention ^^.

if any you guys that is actively modelling for the mod has a moddb account could you put up a request or sumfin? or do you actually need a moddb page up to do it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah youll need an moddb page, and why not make it an open mod, everyone can donate at will .. btw.. hl1/hl2?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, before i even start working on anything, i would want to know which engine to aim for, purely on the basis of, theres no point me making something rediculously low poly if its going in hl2, and i can put a bit more detail in, plus a normal map.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was aiming for HL1, for several reasons

my pc cannot run half life 2,
i dont know anything about half life 2,
dont know anyone who does,
however,
my pc (and most other people's) can run half life 1 just fine,
i do know alot about half life,
and i know a ****load of other people that do as well,

if the mod team majority wants HL2, i wont stop em, but i wont be able to test it, which would just be annoying

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-men models should be so much fun to animate on the hl1 system, gj guys /o/

Best answers
I am glad nuttzy that you are planning to make the X-men Mod on HL1, because me and my friends too prefer HL1 because it runs faster on most of the computers.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lets hope if this mod gets started, it gets finished unlike Xmod and MiniX.

Good Job on the models guys, they are looking pretty impressive!

and Nuttzy, I wish you the best of luck with this mod.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its become apparent to me that the 2 days spent waiting for skiwan were wasted >_>,

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** i didnt know you were waiting >_> i thought u said u cudnt wait so... i forgot about it :x i'll get on it asap

I did a quick one... it was hard to find a definate style to use so i used my own, and i gave him what hair i thought looked cool

hope its not to late :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XD skiwan....
anyways i was hoping hl2 but bah.. im still screaming at steam for not accepting my totally legal cd-key

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not mad, i was in a hurry so i just summarizedthe whole thing in a short post, ill get on it as soon as this blasted video gets finished encoding

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dendza has finished his colossus and sent it to me, ill post pictures of it soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good job good job ;)

btw. i know abit about hl2 and the model compiling thing is almost like the compiling in hl1 but if you want the hl2 features in your models then you better learn new hl2 stuff :p but a New awesome mod for hl is more welcome to me xD

Very nice drawing skiwan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom