Latest ver. SuperMAN vs. Super SAIYAN...A match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But since Goku is able to sense energy/life force he wouldnt get a signal from the robot =P and there goes your theory xD
Superman's robot is exactly like Superman in every way. This particular robot happened to have a Superman clone-fetus within it's chest.

There you go, cowboy.

I'm not even going to go into detail why charging the most powerful kame in the world, and then teleporting to the world of the living and then to Metropolis isn't possible, even in DBZ.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of this makes sense.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh for the love of God, don't you get it??? Superman is the created cliche' of a God if you go by the original comic book exaggerations. If you happen to have seen the Justice League shows lately, you'll see the toning down that Superman has undergone, simply for the fact that his original "I'm invulnerable, watch me pwn everything in the Universe" is no fun anymore. A hero can't be infallible, that was a huge mistake for DC when they first made him, and it has since been remedied. You might as well have been watching a video game where someone has put on the "God mode" cheat. What fun is anything if the hero can't be beaten? It's predictable, it gets old...FAST... and it implies that the writer has no creativity.

Anyway, like mentioned, he's powered by the Sun, and the Sun can only supply so much energy in the form of light.

Also, the stupid sneeze thing is just comic relief. Get that through your head. It doesn't even make sense, because if he sneezes in space, space is a vaccuum, and air from a sneeze wouldn't have any matter in which to produce a shockwave. Without a shockwave, that whole thing is physically impossible, unless of course *snicker* we're talking about the planets being hit by "super-boogers" :p

So my bad for trying to rationalize Superman, a super-cliche' character who can't be beaten and has been given no natrual limitations because the creator is an unoriginal Momma's boy. The end.

Best answers
Oh for the love of God, don't you get it??? Superman is the created cliche' of a God if you go by the original comic book exaggerations. If you happen to have seen the Justice League shows lately, you'll see the toning down that Superman has undergone, simply for the fact that his original "I'm invulnerable, watch me pwn everything in the Universe" is no fun anymore. A hero can't be infallible, that was a huge mistake for DC when they first made him, and it has since been remedied. You might as well have been watching a video game where someone has put on the "God mode" cheat. What fun is anything if the hero can't be beaten? It's predictable, it gets old...FAST... and it implies that the writer has no creativity.

Anyway, like mentioned, he's powered by the Sun, and the Sun can only supply so much energy in the form of light.

Also, the stupid sneeze thing is just comic relief. Get that through your head. It doesn't even make sense, because if he sneezes in space, space is a vaccuum, and air from a sneeze wouldn't have any matter in which to produce a shockwave. Without a shockwave, that whole thing is physically impossible, unless of course *snicker* we're talking about the planets being hit by "super-boogers" :p

So my bad for trying to rationalize Superman, a super-cliche' character who can't be beaten and has been given no natrual limitations because the creator is an unoriginal Momma's boy. The end.
looks like someone is mad.

If it was so boring, why is superman still one of the most POPULAR comic/character?.

hey, its your opinion. but its still kind of fact that supes>goku

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its still kind of a fact that goku>supes

I can say it too, doesn't count for **** now does it?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What kind of Superman is he if he is not affected by Kryptonite?...
Are you sure thats the real, original Superman we're talking about? ;P

Thats a good point, destroy the sun and there you have it, a powerless Superman.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, first of all, I'd lack to just laugh at you for basically saying Superman is God, and can't lose. I happen to agree.

Secondly, Superman isn't a cliche. Why? Because he's one of the first of his kind. Heroes NOW happen to have a lot in common with him, but he was one of the first. Both creators were actually very original in their approach to Superman. Then the writers down the light decided to up the ante, and eventually took it too far. That isn't ingenuity. Its called imagination. Sometimes it gets the best of us.

He was a God in the Silver Age. That has been established. I've already said he was weakened, and I stated why. You're merely regurgitating my words.

The Sun supplies him with an almost endless stream of energy. If he needs to become stronger, he'll fly through it. Its as simple as that. Hes fast enough to make it to the Sun without being stopped by anyone too, so your point is moot.

Space isn't a complete vacuum, which is why sound is still able to travel through space. Then take into account that hes slightly below God. Then take into account that comic was probably made during the 40's.

I'm glad you finally understand that he can't be beaten by anyone, including Goku.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys aren't even bothering to argue actual points. If Goku destroys the Sun, everyone he has sworn to protect will be dead, and Superman will be on his way to another, more powerful sun. Its that easy for him.

The fact that this guy just admitted Superman can't be beaten because he's too powerful is a major victory for me, so I think I'm done with this thread.

Unless you'd care to debate someone who agreed with you originally, but saw the error in his ways of course.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come back here! xD

Then Goku will destroy another sun after another!

Aint this thread lost it's purpose anymore?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku will probably die from the Supernovas, and he'll be known for being a mass murderer. They don't generally get to keep their bodies in the other world or w/e, so he'd be screwing himself.

I think I want to argue for Goku, now. Change things up.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if we're talking about "ages" and "gods" and such, goku became part of the eternal dragon at the end of GT, Immortal by name, can do anything he wants with the universe (scince he's not just dende's creation, he's goku's power too).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even think GT counts for fans.

I was going to argue for Goku, but after all of the points I made in Superman's favor, I just can't do it.

Someone make another vs. thread o_o.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By the way if Superman cant create people he's WAY bellow the level of "God", there are many things Superman cant do.

He's just an overpowered person! you give the guy too much credit xD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not talking about God, The Creator. I'm talking about God, The Destroyer.

The only person capable of taking down Superman time and time again is Batman, as Scruff pointed out.

Name some characters you'd like to see fight. I want to make another thread since this one is ready to die.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Neo and Superman plz.

Neo can stop bullets. not with his eye, but **** he can stop them.

Like I said on AIM: Batman and Robin because robins a metrosexual and i want him dead.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Name some characters you'd like to see fight. I want to make another thread since this one is ready to die.
Galactus and Superman - Marvel vs. DC. That would be an interesting debate. Galactus is god-like, while Superman is practically invincible. Not to mention that Galactus survived the end of his universe.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What kind of Superman is he if he is not affected by Kryptonite?...
Are you sure thats the real, original Superman we're talking about? ;P

Thats a good point, destroy the sun and there you have it, a powerless Superman.
Yeah, destroy the sun, and bye bye inhabitants of earth.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um...no, space, other than little planetary ubbles of gas (gas giants) is empty, and sound can't travel through it. There is literally a void inbetween heavenly bodies. Honestly, I'd like to make a quick fan-fic tonight about this DBZ vs. Superman battle taking into account the input from this conversation and produce the result. I'll create one main version, with two alternate endings to satisfy those on both sides. Honestly, I like DBZ better than Superman just because (to be honest) it's actually more realistic, if one can even approach that word when speaking on this topic. Any fool can write something and make the hero or villain however powerful they desire. Superman was initially designed to be a hero that was likely meant to symbolize hope, being as mentioned, practically indestructible. Well, I think quite a bit more creativity went into DBZ, and much more development of character and power occured over the course of the series. The end of Dragonball and the first half of DBZ was the Golden age of the anime/manga for these reasons.

In the end, I conclude that matching Superman with any modern/semi-modern day hero is unfair because Superman was designed like Hercules on steroids and PCP, designed to be nearly perfect and uncatchable on any level. DBZ was designed to become astoundingly powerful, closest to this level of Godlike power than any other show in history, but is superior in design in my opinion due to the fact that the warriors are NOT perfect, and constantly improve themselves, unlike Superman who has already attained his maximum and has nowhere to go, standing like a Frieza-opposite at the top of the proverbial food-chain.

In short, I submit to Superman being more powerful, but decline the notion that he is "better".

*speaks like Borat* Yewfeinmah...Shequi...

Best answers
Uh, what the Hell are you doing here if you think Super Saiyans are lame?
Being awesome.

It strikes me that Zeonix won this argument, not just because he picked the clear winner, but because he actually sat down and made coherent points, citing examples. Everyone just responded to them with "yeh, but your fogetting Goku is stronger" or "lol, he blows up a son and kills him".

Still, I stand by my earlier statement. Nerd fest, :p.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um...no, space, other than little planetary ubbles of gas (gas giants) is empty, and sound can't travel through it. There is literally a void inbetween heavenly bodies.
And with that you are trying to say that destroying the sun wouldn't affect the inhabitants of the earth in any way?

No sun, means no light, no warmth, everything the sun provided to the earth, would be gone.

The earth would turn into a hell, a cold hell, and it would not be in "orbit" anymore, every planet of this solar system, of any solar system for that matter, float around a center, and the center is usually a sun.

Without the center with enough gravitational power to keep the earth in orbit, the earth would float out of orbit, and just go bold, where no cold mudball has gone before.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And with that you are trying to say that destroying the sun wouldn't affect the inhabitants of the earth in any way?

No sun, means no light, no warmth, everything the sun provided to the earth, would be gone.

The earth would turn into a hell, a cold hell, and it would not be in "orbit" anymore, every planet of this solar system, of any solar system for that matter, float around a center, and the center is usually a sun.

Without the center with enough gravitational power to keep the earth in orbit, the earth would float out of orbit, and just go bold, where no cold mudball has gone before.
If the sun were destroyed, as in blew up, we would all die of radiation poisoning and those on the day side would probably burn to death. The ozone layer would also be destroyed by the chemical reaction produced by the sun's gamma rays. There wouldn't be much left to be frozen since the Earth would be engulfed in the explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom