Lag problems (not covered in stickies)

Best answers
Before someone decides to hit me with a cold mallet and point at the sticky threads, and recent ones about this issue, I'll outline my problem- its certainly not an FPS issue.

I'm running on a 56k from New Zealand, which is a bad footing in the first place considering theres no servers from here. But none-the-less the pings I get in game are far higher than they should be.
In a game with say, 2-3 people, my ping will jump and spike, and go from say 250 ping to 1000. This happens constantly, its not an occasional problem. Most the time it'll be floating around 800 or so, far more than the out-of-game server ping gives.

When joining a game with 8 people or so, then my ping is off the charts. On the occasions it can actually be read (I get cl_flushentity right off the bat from joining) my ping is dancing all over the place above 1000+ ms. Coupled with flashentity (its a symptom of atrocious lag) and connection problem warnings, it makes it impossible to move.

Taking into consideration the fact that my ping is not so atrocious on other MODs (Quite good for a 56k really, goes around 160 on a NZL server) and I ping the servers outside of game fine, it shows that it's not a case of me using a modem which takes about the same time as snail-mail to reach my destination on the WWW.

This is also not an FPS issue. My FPS runs at a very healthy 70 constant.

Thoughts?

Best answers
All that I can think of is to try join local servers my connection is also slow when I connect to a other country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom