Krillin W.I.P....

Best answers
Here's a wip of krillin... only have about 45 minutes to 1 hour into him....
comments and crits welcome...

Trying to figure out how to do cel shading... not sure if this is the way to do it but it looks decent....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could you release it without cel shading too... I really dont like looking at that.

Also, where are you getting the idea from the head? It kinda looks wierd. Do you have a refrence for it?

Discord Member
Best answers
That model looks great and the cell shadings are good, with a nice skin that could end up as a kick ass model :shocked:
Looking foward to see mor of your models;) ;)

Best answers
KilledWithStyle....
I'm not really sure what you me by release....
Here's the references I used by davidskiwan...
http://www.esf-world.de/gallery/Reference%20Pictures/Davidskiwan%20-%20Krillin%20Ref.jpg

shadowcast....
Thanks the only problem is that I've only done uvw mapping and skinning once so it might take a little while...

Wire

Smooth

Cel Shade

In case your wondering right now its only 1532 polys, aiming for around 2500, so I'm gonna finish the hands... and add in some detail like folds.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope to god your biceps arent in the same place his are...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in my opinion you have to make the shoes abit more blocky, then the biceps are really outa space, like da pimp above says.

anyway just a simple question, like here are many who are starting modeling, it aint ur first model,or?

Best answers
thanks mad_AxMan when i was modeling it I didnt think it looked right... i was just following the refs.... There fixed now...

Tryforce its not my first model... it my 3rd... I've started a few other but I've never finished them... This one I'm gonna finish....

Simple Question.... this model only took me about 2 hours to do... is that good or bad?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
slightly below average i guess? good for this forum though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't listen to Mad_AxMan, hes the forum fool... just kiddin..
Everyone has their own time they need to make a model, it also highly depends on the style etc.. Its like asking how long it would take for someone to read a text.. There would be an average but it wouldnt be a disaster if u were above or beneath it..

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, his biceps o_O are like... hanging D:

Other then that not bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JTVEclipse12 said:
thanks mad_AxMan when i was modeling it I didnt think it looked right... i was just following the refs.... There fixed now...

Tryforce its not my first model... it my 3rd... I've started a few other but I've never finished them... This one I'm gonna finish....

Simple Question.... this model only took me about 2 hours to do... is that good or bad?
with the amount of work that needs to be done on this model, I don't think you should be asking anything about speed and whatnot... 'only 2 hours' is actually a lot of time spent on this model. It doesn't seem like you have anything defined... ya, the arms are there, but they look like jelly with bricks inside; the head is ok... but you have a lot of wasted polies around the nose area (and I dont even see a nose?) also, get rid of the polies around the crotch.. remember, the skin can do much of these details for you

The head looks like it is mounted on a stick, well, at least the shadows make it appear so. So, work on some of those things and it will be decent

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a drawover, mainly focused on arms and pants.
Maybe the top gi as well, take a look.

Head/chin bothers me a little too but I'll wait for more progress.
Looking nice so far =]

Best answers
Have really done anything to it... except fixed the biceps.....
I was hope that I could get some drawovers.....

Thanks SV for the other drawover....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know why Davy's biceps are hanging? Because his arm is turned so the biceps are pointing sideways/down. Do it with your own are and you will see why. Davy's drawing is perfectly fine.

Best answers
After reading some comment...(Like Growler's saying that there was a lot of wasted polies) I'm gonna have to agree with him... So I started over and here what I have so far.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must say, that looks a lot better ^^ and please, ignore the arm in my ref, it sucks :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yknow the drill.. post wires, take crits, improve model, be proud .. so lets start with step 1
post them wires

it does indeed look better on first sight

Best answers
Ok I've been hard at work here... I still have stuff to do like the hands.. Not sure if I like the head... but heres some pictures... Oh and the polycount as of right now is 1428... Davidskiwan your refs are amazing and tons of help.
Side note... I tried a different way of modeling, compared to the 1st krillin above.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh that looks REALY good man i would stick with the second one and if you dont mind me asking what type of modeling did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom