Kiddies on the net

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, damn kiddies, who needs 'em. But it's true, they are annoying, but I agree, some of them can be mature enough to not be annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind kids using the internet so much as behaving like kids on it. It's a big overgrown toy to younger generations. It's a big overgrown toy to most of us, to be honest. The simple fact is, the internet is something that is plagued by immaturity. Most ADULTS don't have the self control to resist the urges that come with this great anonymous communications array. Nevermind young kids being able to.

I don't think all kids on the net are bad but I think it's a recipe for disaster...not for our kids but for those of us who are older and who have to literally "cybersit" the kids. Invariably it is a prime source for misinformation to be spread, and the young, whether mature or not, are gullible. It's as much a part of youth as growing is.

Lid

L
10-14 year olds have this habit of trying to fight with me in arguments over the internet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I recall, kids below the age of 13 cannot register at this forum. Which is a good idea, but eventually they find out "Oh wait, I can lie =D".

Best answers
Hibiki said:
i dont care

the fact is most 10-14 year olds are just as mature if not more mature then most guys and girls who are over 18 are

just going OMG LITTLE KID LOL U SUXOR DONT BELONG ONLINE is retarded

if a person is able to get onto a pc, join the forums, and be an intelegent part of the community then who should say they shouldnt be on? hell id pick having a conversation with a 10 year old over having a retarded conversation about butt secks in esf
im 14 and i agree everyone should do what he wants or what his parnets alow him..
and on the net i see 18 year old morons who cant stop being somewhat supperior to younger members.. and i see ppl which flame to often.. thats to lame..

Bolteh2

B
OMG HIBIKI YOU 14 YEAR OLD SUXOR, YOU DONT BELONG IN LIFE OMGOMG

i just hate the fact that hl is 16+ and yet, ppl who're like 10 or something play esf (thus they illigaly purchased hl.. damn parents)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the other issue. The internet has no rules. There's a lot of dishonesty, cruelty, lying, and theft to wallow in. I wouldn't want any little brothers and sisters of mine being exposed to that crap.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* cant even have political disscussions here because some members are too immature to cope with other peoples opinions without resorting to flaming...... thats one bad side to kids being on the net.... we have to have these dumbed down threads all the time mildly ammusing as it is, to see the same randomly added word to a story, its no mental trivia, i dont learn nothing, i dont help no1. I would like to read/share opinions on some more relevant stuff with a little more thought i like sharing opinions, but kids cant handle seeing something from another persons point of view, thats ment to improve wen they are around the age of 7, but clearly some people still have problems...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I was 14 when I joined these forums o_O.

That was the time when I started spending alot more time online and what not. I was a gooch, but I saw how cool the community was and matured a tad. o_O

I see nothing wrong with kids on the internet.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kids on the internet are fine. Kids on the internet that do nothing but ***** and moan about everything should be limited to gamecube.

I started using the net when i was 13 or 14, but i didnt insult anyone and i didnt act like an ***hole. I was generally respectful and didnt do any harm to anyone. Over time, i became bitter and now ill insult you if you breathe my air.

Best answers
I'm with both Spideribite, and owa. I dont think that he meant to say that dbz was a fault but rather that being a fanboy is a fault, because fanboy's have a tendency to be closeminded. Also owa was right, they have just as much right to use the internet as anyone else, and I'm pretty sure they have the right to say whatever on earth they want. Who are we to judge?

Also, you don't have to like DBZ to frequent these forums. Personally I hate DBZ, and I stay in the off-topic and game sections because most of the people who frequent these sections are more mature, not necessarily older, and I respect their opinions. So Amnestometh, your opinion is flawed!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
They're all little dragon ball fan boys.
speak for yourself o_O

Look where u're at... a DBZ board..

I'm sure you've played ESF... or you wouldn't have been here for so long.

And I'm sure you watched DBZ or you wouldn't have been inspired to play the ESF game -.-

So YOU TOO were a dbz fan boy

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
seriously... age doesnt matter that much on the net. but what matters is how you interact with others. i dont care if a person is 14 or 25 ... whoever annoys me just gets ignored.
all what matters is how they act or "not" act....

and about DBZ
i nkow that lots of the senior members from this forum dont really care about DBZ. but what they care about is a (specific) part of the community and/or the mod itself.
its just amazing what we made out of such an old engine imo.

Lid

L
I can relate all 14 year olds to having "terrible taste in music".

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's so bad about kids being on the net? I was on the net 24/7 when I was that age, are you going to give me crits for it? I dont think it's fair. I dont see kids coming on here, and posting about how adults should be removed. You say that little kids are immature, so why do you act like one? Let kids be free. Let them do what they want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I miss not knowing much about the internet. I remember the good ol' days when I didn't even know what an MMORPG or an online game of any genre was. I went on the computer to talk to buddies or do forum/chat based RPGs. All my gaming was from my consoles....

Then came a game called Worms 2, which introduced me to the world of playing online games. After that came Priston Tale, which introduced me to MMORPGs. Then Ragnarok Online. Then a big downgrade to runescape. I found myself spending more time on the computer than on my consoles. Then it all came to a final stop when FFXI was released last year for the PC. I have video games I asked for my birthday from LAST YEAR that I still haven't finished because of all my time spent on FFXI. ANd then earlier this year came ESF, which eats up as much time as FFXI did.

Kids...don't be like me. Use the internet, but don't lose sight to the REAL classics....the console games.

*sniffs and starts to cry* MY LOST TIME!!!! :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A kid on the internet is no different than anyone else on the internet. Some are mannered, and mature, some are annoying and obnoxious. I'm not afraid to admit that there are times when I've been difficult, and I'm sure that everyone, regardless of what they say, have been at one time or another.

Lid

L
Most 14 year olds suffer an inferiroity complex that makes them act like try hards who attempt to threaten people over the internet because people don't agree with them.

Best answers
To Amnestometh and Ice man and the other stooges who try and flame me for having an opinion and asking others for theirs. My 1st post didn't say anything negative about the kiddies, i was just wondering what everyone else thought about it. And i'm not even going to bother to try and justify my fan boy comment coz it was not meant in a negative way so learn to actually read the posts properly before u try and be robin hood and make a stand against something im not holding up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
They're all little dragon ball fan boys.
Well, that sounded like it to me. And I AM giving my opinion. Kids should be free to do what they want. They'll eventually be exposed to everything anyway, so why strain yourself trying to keep them away from it? As soon as they turn 18, you won't be able to stop them any more. They'll just come back and laugh at your for all of your failed efforts (I laughed at my mom, but not to be mean, she knew I was joking).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom