Ki Energy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Dirty Harry
cuc, just wonderin if your saying that teenager's arent capable of training Ki, or that they would just give up? and where does your belife in Ki end, using Ki in physical techniques, 'powering-up' , Ki balls, Ki Blast's, flying.....:S
Cuc is saying a teenager is too immiture to use Ki, or try too, i think hes say that anyways

Retired
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba

D: Learn to spell and use proper grammar before you call people stupid. D:

I beleive ki is real, I also beleive it take much more discapline to utilize it than a teenage can muster. (Consistently, at any rate :p)
*believe* *believe*(again)
*discipline* *Consistantly*

learn to spell damnit :):)

Best answers
Originally posted by Whitecrab

Prana comes to mind.

Thank you thats the one i forgot

Originally posted by Tepus

Cuc is saying a teenager is too immiture to use Ki, or try too, i think hes say that anyways
not really it just depends on the type of teenager

ive been thought about Ki since i was little by my grandfather and my instructors and books

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Judge

*believe* *believe*(again)
*discipline* *Consistantly*

learn to spell damnit :):)
Hehe, I didn't call him stupid did I. :p

<HR>

There are hard and soft techniques. I have heard wild stories whispered and seen some pretty amazing things. But I beleive that certain things like visible ki blasts are not possible.

<HR>

What I beleive exists (non-exhaustive):

Lightfooting
Healing
Death Blows

<hr>

What I don't beleive exists (non-exhaustive):

Visible ki
Planet smashing ki waves
Building smashing ki waves
People gibbing ki waves
People exploding from ki-aided nerve strikes

<HR>

What I know exists:

Bridge Hands
"Deadening" pain receptors
Body Temperature control
Ki-aided strikes such as "fa jing"
Ironskin Techniques (not quite as far as "the Five Deadly Venoms'" Toad)
Controling the Endocrine System (to a degree)
"Seeing" an opponent's ki (Note, not the same as Ki being visable. It's visability depends on who's veiwing.)
Sensing an opponent's ki
Ki-aided movement
Dim Mak (although this is more of a nerve strike than a ki technique)

<HR>

That being said. I have studied under two asian masters (one Korean, the other Chinese) and have studied for 9 years, although my active training has slowed a bit because of school and work. I have studied true Tae Kwon Do, not this garbage that many peddle in the states (and I suspect elsewhere ;/). I have also studied Hun Gar, Tai Chi, Hapkido, Judo and cross trained with many other expert practitioners of other styles. We sometimes traded techniques and theory.

I believe that children and teenagers can get the basics down, but they can forget about truly using anything they may "fidget" with. Physical technique must be mastered before ki can be fully implemented. Otherwise, you are simply wasting your time fumbling with a tool you do not understand. Once you have mastered the pyhsical techniques, you may move on mastering your ki. BTW, physical techniques ussually take 6-7 years to master . . . if you learned it faster, you learned it wrong. That's why I feel "most" teens can't learn it. You ussually learn the martial arts too late in life to master ki as a teen. People like Majin/Nameless are an exception.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I SWEAR ON MY LIFE KI EXISTS.

i was laying in bed one night trying to make a ki ball and light came off the tip of my thumb.
Also when i go outside and i do it, there is little specs of light that glimmer of my hand. im not lying

i think it should become a recommended art. its a stress reliever for me among other things.

Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba

Bridge Hands
Ironskin Techniques (not quite as far as "the Five Deadly Venoms'" Toad)
i dont know what these are

i never heard of them or they were called different names

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bridge Hands is an advanced Tae Kwon Do technique. You concentrate your ki into increasing speed and strike at the bones of blocking appendages. Those who like hard blocking techniques will soon learn that hard blocks suck for a reason. :p

Ironskin is very common in hard styles, specifically those who favor body conditioning. You can ignore some physical damage. Examples would be firewalking or the guy who drives nails in wood with his palm. Ironskin is very common and thus called by many names.

Best answers
The past few days I have tried a few ki techniques, specifically focusing ki on my hands, and trying to form a ki ball. So far, my hands just get tingly and I can somewhat get a magnetic effect when I put my hands close together, but other than that nothing has happened. Ki breathing does, however, get me very relaxed and calm very easily. One day when no one is home I am going to try more outside, where I can try to absorb ki from other things like the ground or the sun. Hwoarang, just how long have you been doing martial arts and trying to form a ki ball? Just curious. I think I am going to start martial arts so I can master the physical form like Cuc says. If that's what it takes to control my ki more consistently than that's what I will do. Any recommendations on what style is best to start off with?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive been doing ki techniques for like almost a year and a half.

i really don't bother with martial arts because im a natural fighter. **** just comes easy.

ive been trying that "kipup" stuff and im really feeling that **** man. it feels like there is a wave of something flowing through me then i run outta breath.

Retired
Best answers
i'm going to Tae Kwon Do today :). so i'm gonna do that till I get black belt :)

Best answers
tried this stuff out before a while back. best i could get was a kind of burning in my hands. felt pretty funny actually. wish it could be caught on camera to see what it looks like tho.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it funny the second a ki thread pops up ur all master or study ito_o

Best answers
[kidding]lol we all mastered ki until esf beta is out, so we dont need it anymore because we can fight us ourself with those attacks....[/kidding]

hmm i dont think that u have to have no percent fat in your body to have control of ki or to feel ki.

look iam not very thin but not very fat. but i can feel it. not control it.

Retired
Best answers
yeah :) you might not believe me that i can control ki (ofcourse not advanced) but I always believed in this ****..the moment i was a child. so in my subconcious I prolly already tought it myself. and now i'm just really into it. and I think doin Tae Kwon Do, can still make me a good ki master in 10 years. even if i started out late (16 years of age) I still maybe subconciously learned it a bit.

Best answers
Yo, I just started a Xin Yi (aka Xing Yi, Hsing I) Kung Fu class with Sifu Eric Tuttle, who's supposed to be a famous internalist. He's brought up Ki a bunch, and "trampolined" his assistants away. I can let yall know how it goes.

Best answers
weird...........i dont beleive it for a seocnd but im so bored that i'll try it. im going to master it and kamehameha my soc teacher muahahahahahaha!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
think of ki like this

if a tree falls out in the middle of the woods and absolutly no one can hear it... does it make a sound?

Best answers
yes it makes a noice if no one sees it .... say a blind person is in the forest and he cant see it falling it sit makes a noice. and if thee a microphone he still hear it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom