Kami's Lookout

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok heres my 2 Cents If the team go fast at making the mod then you have a 90% chance of errors Bugs stuff like that if they do it like they have been doing for the past six years Then theres a 99% chance of no bugs no errors no crashes and lets face it Better Gfx

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if they do it like they have been doing for the past six years Then theres a 99% chance of no bugs no errors no crashes
I think you overdid it a little.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically I reckon he's correct. I mean, how much of the code could possibly be bugged, and still have the game function to the extent it does? Sadly, 1% of bugs is more than enough to cause havoc. Imagine if 1% of your bodymass was a deadly spider. Yes, I know that spiders are arachnids. Thanks.

Best answers
Give the team a sponsorship, or sponsor them yourself, pay them well...and you'll get the mod out when you want it to...reasonable dates to be apllied. Otherwise, they're workin hours and hours to get us a FREE game which by it's standards are pretty much unmatched ATM. Like you said, "Do it or Quit it", I'd say "Pay up or shut up"..

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is true, this is something we have all been working on with our SPARE time. For those of you who think we get paid for this, we dont. For those of you who think this is a typical HL1 mod.. lol your dead wrong. you have NO idea what we have going on here. Honestly, for those of YOU who think making ESF should be fast and easy, you should just die.

ESF has SO many deep features that no other mod can even compare to it. ESF has over 35 models with 350 animations on EACH model. Can the public make their own models.. no? why? cause we have a specially hacked compiler than only we can use. Why did we do that? to make sure that what we break the limits of the HL engine to give to the community a freakin amazing piece of work.

We are not robots and we do have lives. A lot of us are in college or have our own families. If we made a living off this mod, then yeah we would release faster, but we have lives which we want to enjoy. Sorry guys, but telling us to get faster isnt even going to make a dent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to be an avid fan of testing out various HL mods, and from the pile of mods I've tried, ESF is likely the one that's least similar to other mods, as well as the one that pulled most rabbits out of HLs relatively restrictive engine. Nagging people who are already working at the extent of an engine's limitations seems like a bad idea, whether they get paid or not (in this case, not).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is true, this is something we have all been working on with our SPARE time. For those of you who think we get paid for this, we dont. For those of you who think this is a typical HL1 mod.. lol your dead wrong. you have NO idea what we have going on here. Honestly, for those of YOU who think making ESF should be fast and easy, you should just die.

ESF has SO many deep features that no other mod can even compare to it. ESF has over 35 models with 350 animations on EACH model. Can the public make their own models.. no? why? cause we have a specially hacked compiler than only we can use. Why did we do that? to make sure that what we break the limits of the HL engine to give to the community a freakin amazing piece of work.

We are not robots and we do have lives. A lot of us are in college or have our own families. If we made a living off this mod, then yeah we would release faster, but we have lives which we want to enjoy. Sorry guys, but telling us to get faster isnt even going to make a dent.
Indeeds, so stop complaining about ESF:F not being released already guys T_T

p.s. dalte my offer still stands for BC2. YOU KNOW YOU WANNA DO ITTTTTTTTTTT

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except...you don't want to give FUNimation a very good reason to close ESF down, do you?

Best answers
Now since there's that new powerful map format you should also make Korin's tower and that tent on the ground where Upa used to live. That would be so totally awesome ;)

Is that possible? :rolleyes:

Best answers
Yes I know :) I mean this kami's lookout looks awesome and everything... but since you have so many space u could add a korin's tower under it... ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Korin's tower is being considered, we gotta check a few technical things before we decide to put it in for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom