Kaination's AMXX/Plugin installation guide

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know all of those ones but i was hoping for someting new but as you sau unless someine coded on theriselt and isnt releasing it , Kaination do you know who to make codes? amx plugins
Anyone could really. If they know how to code the amxx plugins, they could make it.

I know a few, but they don't visit these boards anymore.

The people:
-Mr. Satan
-Killedwithstyle

Those two are the only two that I know/talked to before. If anything, I would go around asking people in servers/forums if they know how to code amxx plugins.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'v really wanted some one to make a plugin that revmoes power up and verry small ki lost (like a sugestion that was on the forum)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm going to post my esf plugin (evm-ssj4) before the end of the year. closed source though

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to post my esf plugin (evm-ssj4) before the end of the year. closed source though
Don't tell me SSJ 4 will have 10x times pl ? (if it's like this then it sux)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Actually it does, but since i do control the descend pl, it won't happen that clients do a 'ascend/descend/ascend/descend *pl 100,000,000,000'.
the thing is, i also got a 'minimum kills' cvar, wich allows the player to descend after that amount of kills, and has enough pl.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually it does, but since i do control the descend pl, it won't happen that clients do a 'ascend/descend/ascend/descend *pl 100,000,000,000'.
the thing is, i also got a 'minimum kills' cvar, wich allows the player to descend after that amount of kills, and has enough pl.
Man no one know how to make a SSJ 4 and you guys love gt

Best answers
I tried following those steps, but when I finished and tried to open up a server, it just closed down. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, what exactly was the error message?

I'm not sure if amxx is compatible with open beta 1.3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, what exactly was the error message?

I'm not sure if amxx is compatible with open beta 1.3
I remember Phobius saying that it is, but that he had trouble getting it to work at first. I don't remember all of what he said though. :/

Mog

Best answers
Use "Metamod-P", instead of the normal Metamod.

http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net
The current version should be 1.19p28... just replace your metamod.dll with this one, and hopefully everything works. :smile:

That version works fine on my esf 1.3 open beta 4-feb-2007...
Also, if you are trying to use EVM it won't really work... a few things do still work, but not any of the "fun" stuff.

Mog

Best answers
Q1. Ok, so you have the following installed? :

- ESF 1.3 Open Beta (4th-feb-2007)
- AMX Mod X 1.76c (with the 1.76 ESF addon, which is already included in the "Full Installer".)
- Metamod-P 1.19p28

Q2. It worked before with only ESF Open Beta installed, but has stopped working now you have installed AMX Mod X and Metamod?

Q3. Have you modified/changed/added anything? Do you have a fresh install of ESF, Metamod, and AMX Mod X?

Q4. And you installed them in the correct place?

AMX Mod X: "esf_openbeta\addons\amxmodx"
Metamod: "esf_openbeta\addons\metamod"
Metamod-P: "esf_openbeta\addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

Q5. Did you remove the old "metamod.dll" (official version), and replace it with "metamod.dll" (metamod-p version)?

Q6. Your "esf_openbeta\liblist.gam" should have only one non-commented-out line that begins with "gamedll":
Code:
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
Your "esf_openbeta\addons\metamod\plugins.ini" should have only one non-commented-out line (atm):
Code:
win32 addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm.dll
Is that all correct?

Well, it's unlikely anyone can be bothered to read all that... but I'm sure the answer is covered in there somewhere. ;)

Best answers
alright... im just going to delete all my esf stuff and try this over again

Mog

Best answers
It will work eventually...
I have it working at the moment so it definitely runs on the current version of ESF Open Beta. :)
These versions of AMX Mod X and Metamod-P also work perfectly fine on the previous two versions of open beta and on ESF 1.2.x as well.

Mog

Best answers
Why do you need to download esf again when you already have it?

And why would you want a folder instead? It would take longer to download...

Anyway, how on earth are you supposed to be able to download a folder? that's crazy!
It's not like you can just upload a folder, then make a link to the folder for people to download... o_O

A zip file is basically a folder. It's a folder that you can actually download, and it's squashed into a smaller, single file.
After you download the zip file you can then get the folder out of the zip file, and put it where you want it.
What's wrong with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom