It's free, IT'S FINALLY FREEEEEE!!!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Champions online became not too long ago a free2play game!

I'm downloading it now and it should be awesome!
I am not the kind of a guy who enjoys playing click and wait game, but the theme of superheros attracts the shnizzle out of me. I will suffer for that.

If anybody is already playing or looking for a buddy to play with, contact me via this thread or PM! I'm a newbie too so we can experience the game together!

This calls for you too Doku!

The official downloader sucks, probably because its overloaded.

Here is mine: http://www.gamepron.com/file/1525/Champions-Online-Client-Free2Play

Jooinnn meee.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Like I mentioned in the other Champions thread, the F2P has quite a few limitations which I dislike.

http://www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

See here the difference. Silver (free) users can't have custom Archetypes and silver users are very limited to the max gold they can hold.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ADDZZ MEZZ!!! ZPower@ZSKnight

I just love the customizations in this, truly amazing.

But yeah, wish the Custom Archetypes and even the extra Travel powers were free. If it was, i'd Defo make a Spider-man Toon, swinging all the way.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I mentioned in the other Champions thread, the F2P has quite a few limitations which I dislike.

http://www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

See here the difference. Silver (free) users can't have custom Archetypes and silver users are very limited to the max gold they can hold.
While taken at face value most people will agree it's an odd one to restrict specs. However once you look at the overall game you have almost all the core game content and full capacity to level and enjoy the game without spending a penny. the custom archetypes function as the lynchpin for subscribing. i mean why subscribe at all without it? adventure packs etc can be brought outside of subscriptions so it would make the whole subscription package redundant. it's also a mechanic to keep things fresh for silver players, by introducing new builds every month to roll a toon towards.

Unless you like spending ?9 a month for some extra character slots. Given similar models actually restrict the core game experience through false level caps or hugely restricted content, i think it's pretty generous!

As for gold, believe me when I say it has no value whatsoever in game. since gear is easily obtainable through a few dailys you can gear yourself out in just a week. Given that crafting gear is vastly inferior to the aforementioned drops the only sink for money is for retconning, and if your a silver player that's not in your capacity at the moment.

If you have any Q's ingame you want to ask someone who's played since beta or just need someone to harass, prod @tehmuffinman >:

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
This ******* ****. I completed the Tuto map and now when I talk to Defender dude he takes me to millennium city, but the ******* loading screen gets jammed. I am getting to around 90% after 15 mins. its because of the ping, I see "server not responding" in the loading screen going up and down all the time. The hell with this ****.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man the game is fun.

A little complicated in the beginning but darn fun, especially if you have people to play with.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Man the game is fun.

A little complicated in the beginning but darn fun, especially if you have people to play with.
Exactly, but Sky doesn't have anyone to play with, right sky?

<3 Much Amore

El Fonzo

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
o_O I just redownloaded this game yesterday lol speak of the devil...originally played the game waaay back at the end of 09, didn't think it was really worth 15$ a month, it got boring fast due to freeform characters being able to solo way too easily...the F2P really is outstanding for what it is. the LotRO F2P Sucks dinosaur ass xD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They get rid of clones, guy.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Be original...
Seriously, even I changed my opinion of it after seeing the buttload of customization options. Sure, it's ok to recreate a character just to see if you can.

Also, I've been playing for a few days now and the number of Son Goku characters is increasing exponentially (and most of them are bad ones...).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Exactly, but Sky doesn't have anyone to play with, right sky?

<3 Much Amore

El Fonzo
Not sure if I'm going to play the game. I've played it, but it's too cartoonish for me.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Guys this game is really fun in groups. we should play it together. who ever has the game contact me in game or via the eternal chatbox

acc name: thedeco
character: EL FONZO

or you can just write thedeco@EL FONZO

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Other way round Deco, ELFONZO@thedeco.

Mine is ZPower@ZSKNIGHT.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Champions-Online has one of the most robust character customization systems ever created and the best you can come up with are clones?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom