It's been a great 4 1/2 years, goodbye, ESF.

Best answers
It was funny afterall. I missed the joke last year but heard about it afterwards. I can't beleive that so many people were making threads and writing long posts saying goodbye. Five of them just got closed. ROFL There might have to be a new rule saying not make a thread about the April Fools Day joke.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XD I thought it was pretty funny too, how so many people started freaking out as if the world was ending. Even if it had been real, it would still have been funny. XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of these years they need to give up a fake 1.3 dl for April Fools. Think of the chaos and confusion it would sow!

Best answers
woah, i havnt read the esf forums in a while, but i always droped by the main page to see whats happening wit 1.3 been waiting for it for almost 2 years now... and when i saw that it wasnt coming out i was like... i froze lol
i was gonna rip my arm off n throw it at the screen, cuz i had nutn else to throw at the time:p ehehe. but then i re read it and noticed... that at the last post of a forum admins usualy say there good byes to the other mods ect:p then i clicked... april fools!!! them bastages:p LOL awell nice trick dudes.. very hurtfull.. but smart:p ahhhaa;(

Best answers
Kaination said:
Haha I cant wait to see Mccdbz's expression

:D
You know I was playing around, Kaination. I told you on AIM stuff like, "I know for sure it's not a joke!". Anyway, good prank, team. You guys had me yesterday morning, but as I started talking to more people, I realized it had to be a prank. Then I started trying to persuade other people into thinking it wasn't a prank. How else could I raise my post number real high, and argue at the same time :D? I love this job :D.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IT'S REAL!! ITS NOT A LIE!! OMG PAIN YOU KNOW THE TRUTH!! >:O

It was nice playing along xD

Best answers
How long did it take for the team to come up with this? That was great, although a little scary :shocked: .

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think they already did that once..
give A fake link to 1.2 or something :p
its the best april fools prank IMO

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was a pretty bad april fools joke. I'm surprised anyone was fooled by it to be honest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p Never underestimate the modern person's stupidity, Sub.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose so. The best one you guys did though was ESF Kidz.

Best answers
Mist said:
cuz mccdbz is gonna wake up and be all happy thinking he was right :D ....
Actually, I knew I was wrong, because it's called "playing along". I think Grega and Kaination were playing along as well. There were flaws to this prank in my opinion. Like for instance, why would FUNimation sue a game that uses its characters, that is free? There is no point. Why would it take them 4 and 1/2 years to find out? It wouldn't. Why would they only choose to close this Dragon Ball Z mod? They wouldn't. And most importantly, it was posted on April Fools Day. I'll admit, you guys had for me for about close to an hour, but after thinking about all of these facts, it came clear to me that it was a prank. Then I thought I would have a little fun with the rest of the community, and try to convince them it wasn't a fake. I woke up knowing it was a joke, Mist =/.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
It's only bad if it doesn't fool anyone.
Posting a 1.3 download link, and it just leading to april fools would've been better.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We did that before with a beta testing position. That costs money to generate traffic over a mock download, and tbh, this joke had people scrambling for their i-lives.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wesley Gibson said:
Posting a 1.3 download link, and it just leading to april fools would've been better.
Haha that would just be cruel rather than funny =P

Then again, this team has some sick members..

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phew!

Honestly... At first Ibelieved this but then I started to notice a few things which confused me in what to believe.

Either way, Nice Prank... I just hope this doesnt jynx you guys for being crawl :p heh

Oh well, what will next year's April's fools bring us? the worse has happened (IMO anyways!)

Glad to hear it was all a prank... at last! heh

Wesley Gibson said:
Not really because it would of been very similar to Dragonballsource's prank (posting a fake link) and would of been too obvious.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Actually, I knew I was wrong, because it's called "playing along". I think Grega and Kaination were playing along as well. There were flaws to this prank in my opinion. Like for instance, why would FUNimation sue a game that uses its characters, that is free? There is no point. Why would it take them 4 and 1/2 years to find out? It wouldn't. Why would they only choose to close this Dragon Ball Z mod? They wouldn't. And most importantly, it was posted on April Fools Day. I'll admit, you guys had for me for about close to an hour, but after thinking about all of these facts, it came clear to me that it was a prank. Then I thought I would have a little fun with the rest of the community, and try to convince them it wasn't a fake. I woke up knowing it was a joke, Mist =/.
Dont know about Kain but i was playing along. I knew something big would come up after Pain declined my April Fools preposition for a 1.3 Download link leading to an image saying April Fools, and he said they already have something planed. XD

Anyhow im hapy it worked out nicely :p

But i must say your acting suprised me. It was perfect. Did you guys plan it in detail or was it improvisation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about everyone else but I was pulling quite a bit out of my rear end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom