**** it, Im moving to amsterdam

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Oh come on! Sex, drugs and ritualistic killings are happening everywhere in the world. The Netherlands is just another one on the list.
Plus I don't go to the church either. It's just pointless...

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no killing in amsterdam, at least not that i'm aware of. It was allways like that since I was born at least, and it only got bigger with tourists, and that's why drugs will be illegal there also in some years from now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/dusts off his dutch citizenship.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please do make the Suicide pill legal. That way we wont have all those suicidal people screaming and complaining. Would make me happy.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really curious, Europeans. Do you get up in arms over someone wearing religious symbols and such?

Best answers
i would love to move there, just to work in a hooka bar, but i hear they dont take to kindly to "black" ppls :/

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes lets burn those foul heretics!

/cough dutch myselves here.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really curious, Europeans. Do you get up in arms over someone wearing religious symbols and such?
not at all, but what americans don't realise is that the majority of actual european wars (discounting WW/WW2) were started with religious motive, all the way back through the years.

european view of religion tends to be "if you're religious, be religious, but i don't have to be, so shut up about it". whereas what i've gathered from the state's it's seen to be "wrong" to not be religious, as if you can't be a good person without believing in christianity.

and therein lies another problem. american organised religion is dominated by christianity, and any OTHER religion is also seen as a bad thing. that view is still held to some extent in europe, but to a much much lesser degree.

putting it in the most basic terms possible: europeans are concentrating on getting the most out of THIS life, and not worrying about a POSSIBLE next life.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God bless the Netherlands <3

I love how they highlight everything out of complete context, to make it seem like the Netherlands is wrong in doing so. Seems like a pretty funny news channel if you ask me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why I watch CNN. Because I dont hear about Hookers on CNN.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God bless the Netherlands <3

I love how they highlight everything out of complete context, to make it seem like the Netherlands is wrong in doing so. Seems like a pretty funny news channel if you ask me.
To be honest, they are spot on, on just about everything.
They don't take it out of context, they just give it a negative spin.

And maybe blow some things up a little.

Yes and no, we have our religious racism. But everyone has that.
Though hate towards Muslims has increased a lot in the last few years.

From personal experience, mostly with people I know directly around me.
People don't really see why people are religious. The idea of a god described in most religions is on the same level as fairy tales.
However, we still treat religious people with respect.
Because we fully realize, that even if we don't agree with someones view or don't get it, we should still be treated with respect and in a manner you want yourself to be treated with.

Best answers
The suicide pill (or implying that that is even a matter of discussion) and marriages involving more than 2 people are bull****.

The other stuff is provided without rationale just to make it look bad. We're just pragmatic about our laws, there will always be prostitution, so might as well legalize and regulate it and prevent child prostitution and slave trade there.

If anything, our country is moving toward more moral conservatism rather than less: Amsterdam and many other cities are closing down much of their red light districts and our soft-drug policy is under constant European pressure and will probably be disbanded at some point.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, they are spot on, on just about everything.
They don't take it out of context, they just give it a negative spin.

And maybe blow some things up a little.
Well that's sort of what i mean, they don't present the reasons or justifications behind things, all they do is list all the policies as if they're somehow a long list of immoral decisions.

It's a shame to hear that Europe are pushing a more right wing agenda. A lot of my friends have been to Amsterdam, and all I hear is good things about the place :x

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The suicide pill (or implying that that is even a matter of discussion) and marriages involving more than 2 people are bull****.

The other stuff is provided without rationale just to make it look bad. We're just pragmatic about our laws, there will always be prostitution, so might as well legalize and regulate it and prevent child prostitution and slave trade there.

If anything, our country is moving toward more moral conservatism rather than less: Amsterdam and many other cities are closing down much of their red light districts and our soft-drug policy is under constant European pressure and will probably be disbanded at some point.
Marriage involving two or more people does happen in the Netherlands, though not in christian churches, nor official government bodies, so it's not considered official, but it does happen and is condoned.

Best answers
It's false that the religion is dying in the Netherlands, fox only looked at Amsterdam. Amsterdam is our capital city and has the most etnicity of the whole planet. Smaller cities and villages have still got many religious zealots. Just look at Sliedrecht, Bleskensgraaf and Streefkerk; those towns are full and full of christians.....
I like it that the Netherlands are free and open minded, gay marriage is positive and the drugs have to stay(never used it tough), but when something like that is forbidden , people start to use it illegaly. Just like in America for example , and then the problem is even getting worse....

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's false that the religion is dying in the Netherlands, fox only looked at Amsterdam. Amsterdam is our capital city and has the most etnicity of the whole planet. Smaller cities and villages have still got many religious zealots. Just look at Sliedrecht, Bleskensgraaf and Streefkerk; those towns are full and full of christians.....
I like it that the Netherlands are free and open minded, gay marriage is positive and the drugs have to stay(never used it tough), but when something like that is forbidden , people start to use it illegaly. Just like in America for example , and then the problem is even getting worse....
I believe you Neitherlands man, you speak with full life experience.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's funny, that even though it's legal to use certain substances here, our drug usages is amongst the lowest in Europe.

Which says two things, one being that people will use it, legal or not and two that legislating it doesn't increase usage of it.

Smoking weed, isn't as bad for you as alcohol, yet people frown uppon it.
It's really hypocritical, You'll never see them doing anything about alcohol though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom