**** it, Im moving to amsterdam

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a profecy that says: "Marijuana will help saving the world one day" :)

Well you can smoke it, you can make many textil products with it (US army uses it on parachutes and many other things), it grows 3 times faster than a normal plant, you can make fuel out of it, it's used for medicine since forever, it reduces CO2 like any other plant...there are more but I forgot.

Besides there was never a report in the world that even 1 person died because of over-consumption. So like Prosac said, it's really hypocritical that it gets illegal.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Besides there was never a report in the world that even 1 person died because of over-consumption. So like Prosac said, it's really hypocritical that it gets illegal.
Maybe not, but I can understand apprehensions about promoting the smoking of marijuana. Whether or not there are tons of additives to the actual substance burning in the cigarette, inhaling solid, particulate matter (ie: smoke) regularly can lead to emphysema and other fibrotic lung disorders/diseases.

Not that alcohol is really healthy in larger or sustained doses, either.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's false that the religion is dying in the Netherlands, fox only looked at Amsterdam. Amsterdam is our capital city and has the most etnicity of the whole planet. Smaller cities and villages have still got many religious zealots. Just look at Sliedrecht, Bleskensgraaf and Streefkerk; those towns are full and full of christians.....
I like it that the Netherlands are free and open minded, gay marriage is positive and the drugs have to stay(never used it tough), but when something like that is forbidden , people start to use it illegaly. Just like in America for example , and then the problem is even getting worse....
Well that's not entirely true. Religion is sort of dying here. Most people I know don't go to church here anymore (And I live in Den Bosch), then again, it's not that people don't believe in God and a religion anymore, but most people just don't go to a church anymore but still believe. Still, even if religion completely dies out here, is that a bad thing? It's a choice people make, and there is nothing right or wrong about this choice. You also shouldn't forget, the Netherlands currently have over...what was it, 170-ish different nationalities living here. It's hard to make a country Christian-only these days...because there are just so many more religions than just Christianity.

Yes we have prostitution, yes we have drugs and yes they are legal. But like said, they will always be there, banning it won't solve that problem. Yes legalizing it will make most stuff a lot easier and safer for other people.

And yes we have murders here (most of them are in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Den Haag though)...except...the killing counts are not nearly as high as in America though, or most other countries for that matter.

That news station was pretty lame.

And on that bombshell, I'd have to say...although some things are pretty lame over here, there is not country I'd rather live in than in the Netherlands.

There is a profecy that says: "Marijuana will help saving the world one day" :)

Well you can smoke it, you can make many textil products with it (US army uses it on parachutes and many other things), it grows 3 times faster than a normal plant, you can make fuel out of it, it's used for medicine since forever, it reduces CO2 like any other plant...there are more but I forgot.

Problem is, most people doing hard drugs, start with soft drugs. And that is exactly what they are trying to stop. Except they forget, banning or not, people who want drugs, will get it. Legalizing just makes it easier to get, and a lot more controlable.

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's cientifically proven than marijuana does not influenciates a person to want stronger drungs. Now Haxixe, that's completelly different.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The States are a hard place to generalize my freind, and you've touched on one such subject. The so called Red states are the ones you are describing. They lean hard right, and they are called the bible belt states for a reason. There are just as many blue states, or liberal states, that wholheartedly accept other customs and religeons. Americans you cite would be common in my current local, but since I'm in a swing state, and we have lots of transplants from New York and New Jersey, both blue states, Pennsylvania is a mixed lot. You could very well bump into that kind of, "You're not religeous, therefore, you are immoral!" person. You could also very well bump into an agnostic athiest who's well loved by his work collegues. They call the United States the metling pot for a reason.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The States are a hard place to generalize my freind, and you've touched on one such subject. The so called Red states are the ones you are describing. They lean hard right, and they are called the bible belt states for a reason. There are just as many blue states, or liberal states, that wholheartedly accept other customs and religeons. Americans you cite would be common in my current local, but since I'm in a swing state, and we have lots of transplants from New York and New Jersey, both blue states, Pennsylvania is a mixed lot. You could very well bump into that kind of, "You're not religeous, therefore, you are immoral!" person. You could also very well bump into an agnostic athiest who's well loved by his work collegues. They call the United States the metling pot for a reason.
It's funny how that works, a big country like America, is pretty much the same as the Netherlands. Just on a smaller scale.
Humankind, so different yet so the same.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to keep you guys updated, since this "report" a person took it uppon himself to make a little report of his own about Amsterdam, which eventually O'reilly actually responded too.

The video I'm about to post a response to his response.

I think it shows quite nicely how, for the lack of a better word, retarded O'reilly really is.
quite shameful that they have a show like that on a news channel.

anyway, go watch it and tell me what you think.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpU0NxPhA78&annotation_id=annotation_355988&feature=iv[/ame]

ps. lol double post + revival of death thread.
I'm so bad..

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Next destiny on my list: Amsterdam
F*** that Riley guy

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes you can go to almost every country in Europe by just knowing english.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you can probably get around here pretty good if you just know english, most Dutch people can also speak english these days, and even with hand gestures you can get pretty far. I really encourage you guys to come over to the Netherlands just once, really a great place to be, lots of culture if your into that, friendly people...and yes you can get cannabis here, but that doesn't mean we all smoke it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I really would like to visit the Netherlands, I'm just afraid I'd end up being the stereotypical loud American tourist.

Best answers
Just wear a football shirt and be extra loud, we'll mistake for an Englishman :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm going to open up a park in my back yard, I'm going to call it Netherland's Ranch, where you can ride rides, smoke pot, and buy women for sex.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Why pay a filthy hoe for sex when these days it's so easy to find a good looking girl and have good sex with her. And not to mention that most hoes might have aids... :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom