Is Vegeta evil?

Best answers
i've only being watching dbz the past 6 months....and something ive always wanted to know - is vegeta evil???

i assume he was meant to be the bad-ass-guy at the start of the series (killing off the other saiya-jin that travelled with him to earth (nappa?)), but after that he doesnt do anything really terrible (apart from blowing up part of the world martial arts stadium - but thats Majin Vegeta's doing).

he even blows himself up to try and stop majin buu

i think the main question is - is it alright to do what he did for pride? from havin a weird obsession with goku, to commiting suicide to try and stop buu - is he doing this to prove that he is a geezza - or is he a bit fruity in the head?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegetas Dad is dead, as we all know, so Vegeta is the king of all sayains, that gives him alot of pride, and he is not evil, he is just powerfull and does not like weaklings, when he blew up the statdiom he WAS majin, but he was not ever under babadis spell, he is too full of pride to be under it, it is explained abit later that he only let himself turn majin to get more powerfull to fight goku.

Vegeta blows himself up to kill Majin_buu for afew reasons. He wants to be more powerfull then Goku, and killing Buu would show that he was, but the main reason is deep down he cares for Bulma and trunks, as for the whole earth, but being a noble sayain, he cannot admit it, untill the very end when, just before he kills himself, he says to trunks that hes prode to have him as a son.

He does not like goku for alot of reasons, goku has not been around sayains all his life, since he was sent to earth as a kid, so hes not full of pride and stuff for the sayains, plus he has turned ssj before Vegeta did. To Vegeta, Goku seems like a ignorent fool, but Goku still wins the fights and continues to be more powerfull then Vegeta.

Vegeta seems to be evil but hes not.

there you have it, thats what I think :)

Best answers
my dbz knowledge is most likely not as good as urs - but i remember vegeta havin the mass inferiority complex thing with goku, cos vegeta was 'class A saiya-jin' while goku was 'class C'? something like that, i think, like i said - i aint too good on dbz :p

and u say that vegeta sacrifices vs. buu to prove he is stronger than goku, but doesnt he say:

"this is for u bulma and trunks...and yes...even for u...kakarot"

btw i only know that cos the episode screened on tuesday :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ Strife
my dbz knowledge is most likely not as good as urs - but i remember vegeta havin the mass inferiority complex thing with goku, cos vegeta was 'class A saiya-jin' while goku was 'class C'? something like that, i think, like i said - i aint too good on dbz :p

and u say that vegeta sacrifices vs. buu to prove he is stronger than goku, but doesnt he say:

"this is for u bulma and trunks...and yes...even for u...kakarot"

btw i only know that cos the episode screened on tuesday :)
When goku was born, bardock, his father, used a scouter to look at gokus PL and said "tch, only a average power level" when as Vegeta was alot more powerfull then he was born, since u see Vegeta training when he was about 8 and being better then all of the sayains liveing on planet Vegeta, the only one more powerfull then was Freaza.

and Vegeta was calling Goku "low-level" alot, since he was Class C, Vegeta class A :D

and i forgot that quote, the one Vegeta said before he died. opps :S

Best answers
vegeta is blind with pride thats why he seems evil and plus he's very ignorent

Best answers
ok i didnt read all that but anyway let me explain vegeta to you

deep deep DEEP inside him hes actully good but his need to be the best and the fact he was the prince of the sayains makes him power hungry and would do anything for it IE selling soul

but there are times he is very goodie goody but has lame excuses for doing it like"No one can kill kackortto but me" and the time he blew himself up

so really hes good but he doesnt show it and strives to be the strongest at any cost

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YAY! WE GET TO PSHYCOANALIZ VEGETA!

Vegeta is sort of in Flux. Gokus good deeds have rubbed off on him and jealousy has as well. He surpressed his evil thoughts and upbringing after cells defeat. Apparently they were not completely gone and Babidi was able to use them agaisnt him. He may have been able to resist if the power he knew he could gain didnt show itself to him. But his neverending quest for power betrayed him. Later on at the end of his fight with Buu, he thinks he can defeat the monster to not only releive Goku, but also take the glory. But after trunks n' goten rescue him he realizes what is at stake here. Pridefull and Evil vegeta becomes Prideful and Noble hero vegeta and the rest is, in the words of Pau harvey, history...

i have only stated the obvious to help answer the question. You see Vegeta was Raised by his father then enslved by freiza. Would you be pissed if that happened to you??

Best answers
vegeta is evil and always will be evil. this is how i know this
1. Vegeta becomes Majin Vegeta and u can only be under babadis control if you have a black heart.
2. When Vegeta Self Destructs to try and kill buu. he asks piccolo if he will get his body back to fight goku and piccolo says no cuz goku was selfless all his life. and vegeta was selfish. thinking only of him in his quest for power.

Best answers
Originally posted by hfadragon
1. Vegeta becomes Majin Vegeta and u can only be under babadis control if you have a black heart.
2. When Vegeta Self Destructs to try and kill buu. he asks piccolo if he will get his body back to fight goku and piccolo says no cuz goku was selfless all his life. and vegeta was selfish. thinking only of him in his quest for power.
is just the short anwser think deep past the grade lvl of 10 and you will see that deep deep DEEP down vegeta is good

Best answers
as above u guys said he cares for His wife and son. But he also cares for Gohan which as u know is the son of Goku (his obsesion - but only due to goku being stronger). Its a pride thing but he's still good eg. his anger at the death of teen Trunks when cell returns.

he doesnt kill goku when he knows him out b4 he blows up babadis ship (but it could be a pride thing -a mano a mano fight-)

thats my thoughs

(ohh btw wasnt Gokus Kamehameha with instant translocation move a brillant idea [as against cell]. Genious)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is an actual literary character type for Vegeta. It happoens to be anime's favorite.

The Anti-Hero.

Vegeta has his problems, he is essentially evil, with strong ties to freinds, family and race . . . in the end anyway.

Selfish is actually the best term for him. ;)

Best answers
goku is " a low class soldiers son "

:D

his Pl was 2 when he was born

( on another note brolly who was in the crib next to his was over ten thousand when he was born :shocked: )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, thats far from good. He must have been well on his way to Achieving SSJ Status. According the Raditiz, only 4 Saiya-jins survived, its was found to be more. How many saiya-jins are there left really(Full blood)

Retired
Best answers
Originally posted by hfadragon
after that Vegeta said something like "So be it then" he was at peace with that. like he didnt have a choice..he wanted to save everybody from Majin Buu

Best answers
LEAVE BUU OUTA IT, HES A GOOD GUY, DID NOTHING WRONG (cept eat couple ppl... uh... couple cities full of ppl) ANYWAYS HE GOOD, MAKIN FRIENDS,(SATAN, DOGGIE) STUFF AND STUFF
oh yeah to sum things up, vegetas pride makes him seem evil, just hes not, hes been saved by goku so many times and stuff, well... hes good and hes on good guys side, there you have it

Best answers
so most of us agree that vegetas pride is mistaken for being evil, when hes really a 'good guy'?

off topic -

does vegeta really start off with a pl of 6? dont they have something stupidly high like 50 mil when they go SSJ?
slight difference there :p

Best answers
No , i dont think he is evil , he just looks evil and the most things he did were evil , but in buu-saga , he tried to kill buu with a kamikaze attack for saving the earth, and he loved his son and bulma , so he cant be evil!!!

And when babidi made him a majin , he couldnt controle his hole heart , cuz i think it wasnt all evil in it!!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta is evil when he arrives on earth,
but afer the cell saga vegeta had a family on earth so he turns good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom