Initial D Live Action Movie!

KyoKusanagi

K
there is but its not a hollywood production its hong kong production,

Singer Jay Chow Joints Tsui Hark's INITIAL D ? (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive)
November 11, 2003

According to an unknown source, Taiwanese singer Jay Chou has been offered with the title role of the big screen adaptation of Japanese manga series Initial D. Director Hark Tsui has been planning the project for years and according to this source, shooting will finally start in March next year. Initial D is about a young guy, who is a tofu deliver by day and an underground street racer by night. Andy Lau was originally set to play the father of the main character, which once belonged to Edison Chen. Now Andy Lau is no longer attached to the project and Edison Chen is offered with another role, a rival racer.

link : http://www.monkeypeaches.com/0311M.html

INITIAL D and UNICORN HUNT (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive)
September 21, 2001

Hong Kong's Media Asia Group has brought the film right of INITIAL D, a popular Japanese Comics. Chan Gun-hei will play the male lead Takumi. Two female leads will be from Japan and Korea. Car will be shot in Singapore and Malaysia next year according to the shooting plan. Toyota will remake three AE-86 specifically for the film. Many other legendary sports car will also show up.

link : http://www.monkeypeaches.com/0109M.html - i'm not advertising - im posting a link to an address concerning the topic outlined above.

http://www.jaychoustudio.com/jaychoustudio/subarchives/2003-09-22(49).html - 2003-09-22

Racing with Edison Chen, competing in looks and coolness Jay Chou acts in “Initial D” for his first time on the silver screen Fans from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan gaze with eager expectation, looking forward to admiring Jay filming his first maiden film, at last this wish can finally be realized next year. Because next year Tsui Hark is going to start filming the movie version of “Initial D”, the male lead Takumi Fujiwara will be played by Jay, Takumi Fujiwara’s opponent Ryosuke Takahashi will be played by Edison Chen. Taiwanese popular artist Jay has always had a lot of film companies trying to lure him, hoping that they could successfully invite him to star his maiden film, it’s a shame they haven’t succeeded. According to reliable sources in Taiwan, Jay was finally moved by the sincerity of Media Asia Films boss Lin Jian Yue and director Tsui Hark, he promised to accept starring in new film “Initial D” next year for the price of HK$4,000,000. “Initial D” is adapted from the same named Japanese comic, due to the fact that this comic was very popular in Hong Kong and Japan, it has a lot of loyal fans and Tsui Hark is one of these fans so before the year he already planned to start filming the movie version but it was a pity he couldn’t find a suitable person all along. Until Tsui Hark discovered Jay had a unique temperament, they chose him to play the male lead role of Takumi Fujiwara. Accelerate! Loyal car fan’s driving skill is good Jay himself is a car fan, usually he likes to drive a Jaguar instead of walking, as soon as there is a new car released, he would go to the vehicle shop to test drive. Due to the fact Jay’s driving skill is good, the Taiwanese paparazzi can hardly ever follow him, he should be no stranger to this comic character Takumi Fujiwara. This time starring in “Initial D”, it can certainly let Jay satisfy his driving fast craving. Overtake! Cost too high, Media Asia Films take over As for the other male lead in the comic Ryosuke Takahashi, Media Asia Films intend to get Edison Chen to play him, the two’s share of the film is going to be very equal. And the role of Takumi Fujiwara’s girlfriend, they plan to get a Japanese or Korean female star to play her. Apart from this Stephen Fung will play another driver Iwaki Seiji. A few years ago Andy Lau’s Tian Mu Company intended to film “Initial D”, Edison Chen to play the male lead of Takumi Fujiwara and Andy Lau to play Takumi Fujiwara’s father Bunta Fujiwara, but because the film cost was too high, the result was that the plan was shelved. Afterwards Media Asia Films became interested in the film and they invited Tsui Hark to direct it, at the moment Tsui Hark is sorting out the script, they are considering again the candidates. The film “Initial D” talks about the lead Takumi Fujiwara who from the start of middle school was told to deliver tofu early in the morning by his father Bunta Fujiwara, whose fast driving skills are unfathomable. Without change, unconsciously Takumi Fujiwara’s driving skill was already trained by his father to an impressive level, afterwards Takumi Fujiwara also drove the Toyota AE86 sports car to challenge race car driver master Ryosuke Takahashi and Iwaki Seiji, etc… Take position! First do guest star to satisfy craving There is no lack to exciting racing scenes in “Initial D”, recently Tsui Hark already went to Japan to choose scenery, apart from filming real driving fast camera shots, they will also use special effects to add to the effect of speeding. According to reports the cost of the film is about $6,000,000 (HK$47,000,000), apart from Media Asia Films, there is also a Japanese film company filming it together. Edison Chen who is in England filming a new movie for Mainland China director Ah Gan, yesterday said over a long distance call: “Before the company already notified me that I need to start filming this movie, I know this movie has two male leads, the movie share is equal but I’m not clear which role I’m playing, I will know when I come back on the 12th (tomorrow) and find out from the company, I’m already very happy to be able to film a big movie, I’ll let the director arrange the roles! I actually haven’t seen this comic before, I need to take time out to look at it when I get back.”

Sorry theres not much info on these articles but ill keep you all posted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i didnt read all that but i do know what initial-d is and how much it pwns XD.....gotta love the live action movies >:]! cant wait to see the drifting!

Best answers
here is but its not a hollywood production its hong kong production,
Good. :p

A while ago Jackie Chan was going to direct an ID movie, it got cancelled I belive. From seeing his past racing movies like Thuderbolt, I think he would of done a great job.

KyoKusanagi

K
Thunderbolt was an excellent movie - plenty of NON-RICEY Japanese cars and given that he has big links with Ralliart and Mitsubishi, it wouldn't have been too hard to recreate team Emperor. But Jackie is no longer linked to the project and it has been passed on to Tsui Hark - best known for The Chinese Ghost Story series - i'm not too sure on his Hollywood productions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i especially cant wait to see the live action drifting and the courses they race on XD....but is it gonna be jap voices, if so , are they gonna eng dub it?

KyoKusanagi

K
Ummm as far as i know seeing as it is a chinese movie made by a hong kong film company itll be in Cantonese as the original language with Mandarin as a secondary and possibly Japanese as a special language version - i know it sounds bad but City Hunter (starring Jackie Chan) was a movie translation of the manga and anime but worked very well in Cantonese. At the very least the actors will be speaking their original language and not dubbed into English - I don't think I can bare hearing the Tokyocrap version anymore...."HEY TAK WASSUP MY HOMIE?" wtf?!?!?!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sure, we "Nice Guys" finish last, but that only makes it easier to stab the rest of you in the back."

Best answers
I agree with whoever said jackie chan should direct it, but as much as i want it to be a success ive just got this feeling that its gonna fail : ( . Not dubbing it though is a step in the right direction so lets just hope they see sense
: D

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOthing wrong with dubbing if ti's done well. But then again, therein lies the problem. I hope this movie turns out well because ID is just awesome.

-Karrde-

KyoKusanagi

K
Well to have a little bit of an idea what the race scenes will be like take a look at Legend Of Speed: "Full Throttle 2" starring Ekin Cheng, Cecilia Cheung, Simon Yan and Kelly Lin - its pretty much the inspiration for Fast and Furious (which by the way i hated) and drew alot of influence from Initial D

Best answers
Jackie chan also played in an American Race movie. Gumball Rally or CannonBall Run was the movie he is the driver and his partner is the tall guy from Happy Gilmore the one that had the nail in his head. It was an early 80's late 70's movie i think. An Initial D movie would rock. The best Drifter in the world is a Japanese guy he was at a car show i went to they had all these imports. Also i'm about to go to the car show in Detroit to see all the new Concept cars i only live about 15 mins away from Cobo Hall.

KyoKusanagi

K
Yeah: the worlds best drifter is a man named Keiichi Tsuchiya and he was the technical advisor for Initial D. Mr Tsuchiya also has a cameo role in Initial D first stage. He was presented with a AE86 Trueno specially made by Toyota for his own personal use after winning numerous Group A racing tournaments.

As for CannonBall run, the role Jackie Chan played was rather minor but the car in that was crazy! His partner was none other than Richard Kiel best known for playing Jaws in the James Bond Movies and yes he was the guy who go shot in the head with a nail gun in Happy Gilmore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom