Ingame Crashing Problems

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I looked at the logs. A few good errors.

I disabled the firewall, put the timeout on max and uploaded. I tested by also downloading myself and it now works.

Sorry for the inconvinience. The link is now ok.

Use this link here. I won't add a link on the webpage cause I don't plan on keeping it up for months. :D

Also someone on the forum directed me to the link. It was a demo version so I digged some more and found this beta version (which works 100% great)

Note.. I also can't get on wicked3d so thats normal.

Best answers
Link wot link? so where did u get wicked gl from? wots wicked3d?

Best answers
I can't get onto the site and download wicked gl im just wondering how the hell u got it

Best answers
you should be able to download the files from www.voodofiles.com

they have many 3rd party drivers for 3dfx cards, from many develpers, wickedgl being one of the better sets. AmigaMerlin's drivers also work very well; when i was using a voodoo card i was very happy with them. good luck!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm... someone here send me a google I think link by PM. I downloaded it and desided to host this file. :)

Best answers
Ok coz version 3.02 on voodoofiles does not work for me i cant get onto the site neither download from that site...
why i woz so curious is to how u got it

Best answers
Can u guys help me with the bots how to install them, im confused with what the readme says.;(

Best answers
omg....
go into the bloody esf chat forum for that...
confused? its bloody easy fgs omg lazy git oook...
U GET THE ESFBOT.DLL AND PUT IT INTO UR c:\sierra\halflife\esf\dlls FOLDER thats just an example u could of installed it into something else -_-
ANYWAYS AFTER THAT IN THE ESF DIRECTORY U GO INTO LIBLIST.GAM AND OPEN IT WITH NOTEPAD
AFTER THAT U TAKE AWAY THE HL.DLL OR ADD // BEFORE IT
AND U ALSO TAKE AWAY // FROM ESFBOT.DLL

Best answers
Can u plz tell me step by step man im so****ing confused i dont know anything about computers all i know is to turn it on and install games :(

Best answers
Originally posted by Shingyboy
omg....
go into the bloody esf chat forum for that...
confused? its bloody easy fgs omg lazy git oook...
U GET THE ESFBOT.DLL AND PUT IT INTO UR c:\sierra\halflife\esf\dlls FOLDER thats just an example u could of installed it into something else -_-
ANYWAYS AFTER THAT IN THE ESF DIRECTORY U GO INTO LIBLIST.GAM AND OPEN IT WITH NOTEPAD
AFTER THAT U TAKE AWAY THE HL.DLL OR ADD // BEFORE IT
AND U ALSO TAKE AWAY // FROM ESFBOT.DLL
i think you need to calm down, just tell him this quitely, or send him a private message telling him how to do it (like i did)

Best answers
Thx pojoe your a life saver there i thought it was my computer being crap...

Best answers
i WAS using d3d (i didnt set it to that, it just was on it) and it worked fine most of the time. I noticed that certain maps caused crashes, ie esf_cell_day crashed after about 1 min (then after about 5 mins when i had set the FX quality to low/0) also esf_island crashed as soon as it started up. Same probs with software mode, so by logic i am going to try openGL now. I dont know much about this sort of thing, but it might help if i told you that my video card is nVidia tnt2 16 megs (i think) but i dunno.
The whole point of this is: do certain maps crash, or crash more often, then others?

Just trying to help ;)

Best answers
ok so i have windows xpwith a geforce 4 mmx400, and no open gl
where do i find a open gl 4 windows xp cuz the game crashes with every thing eles.... and the cl_fxquality thing complealy mesed up the sky now when i look up every thing is dragged from the gound ... wuts the default for cl_fxquality .....help..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a comp with TNT2 card somewhere. Hell. the darn card can't do glide. :(

Best answers
If you use the Detonator XP 40 series drivers it messes up with the HL game engine (ESF runs on this) and so cl_fxquality "anynumber" won't fix it. Use Opengl...

ANd for me, no matter the res I run my server from, even if I'm the only one playing, it will crash at one point or another. Y? Anyone wanna help me? I'm using Open GL too! And even when I run a dedicated server the game crashes. 0.o y?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was playing with bots the other day, I was Trunks and one of the bots was Piccolo. Anyways, I shot a finisherbuster at him and it hit his SBC and the game froze. I'm not sure but it could be the bots or maybe the attacks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If anyone even cares....

I updated or [{DM}] clan download page so the voodoo wicked 3d drivers which might fix this for HL have got a link now. It already was there but now the link is 2.

Also we got some other files. :)

url: http://members.home.nl/dcdemeijer

If its down tell me. then ya need the mirror url 9space is the same though)

Best answers
I seem to have a problem different to you all...If I enter a server with over 8 people the game crashes to desktop...I havent had any problems at all with freeze or crash during the game, just when I finish connecting to a server with capacity of 10 or above. Anyone else feel this? Gimme some feedback :)

Best answers
My game seems to crash on connect I don't understand why this is happening!
I can connect to 1 server so far that I found....
Is there a way to fix this
I have WinxP
I can make a lan or create a server no prob and people connect to it to D; ...

plz help
Fl4sh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom