Ingame Crashing Problems

Best answers
I'm trying to put this someplace it'll be seen: I don't know if it's my video card or what, but my skies look like clipping holes. They just keep drawing anything that came into my view. It's nearly impossible to play...
Otherwise it looks wonderful.. but I can't really see much of it with the horrible sky problems. Any help would be wonderful, even if you just say "get a new card cheapo!"

Thanks

Best answers
Well transformations were crashing for me too, so I set it to OpenGL (I *think* it was in software, but it sure didn't look like software mode) and it still crashed. So my next question is how do I see what version DirectX I got and how do I update it?

I got XP with Service Pack 1 installed already.

Best answers
wait so how do i put it in open gl?? im really confused but please hepl im desperate to play:cry:

Best answers
Ok, so I feel pretty silly now; anyway, the cause of the problem with the skies is still beyond me, but I've found a fix for it.

Just play with the settings. Seriously.

OpenGL only works for my computer in a single mode 640 x 480 (or something like that) but on those settings it works perfectly..
GLORIOUSLY. However you want to describe it; it's awesome.

Best answers
O_O oh no! i typed cl_fxquality 0 and the crashing got worse, now it completly restarts my computer when it crashes. :cry: why won't beta work for me?

Best answers
Originally posted by theincorporated
wait so how do i put it in open gl?? im really confused but please hepl im desperate to play:cry:
Go to configuration->video->video modes
There you can set OpenGL

Best answers
If you need this fix, I found that ESF stopped crashing once I set the resolution to 1024*768, and that was still in Direct 3D.

Best answers
i use OpenGL on 1600X1200 and i dont crash infact it runs perfectly. The only time it ever crashes is when i get bombarded by like a kamehameha final flash and something else all at once ;/

ZuL

Best answers
My brother removed the riva tnt 2 (i know its not good, but i dont have much money), and replaced it with Matrox Millenium, a card not supporting d3d NOR opengl. So i have to play it on Software.

I tried cl_fxquality 0, but nothing happened at all. I crash because of gokus spirit bomb and people meleeing me (thats right... so i cant play much...)

I hope there will come a fix for these crash bugs, but i hope more to get my new darn computer soon, playing on a 450 mhz with 192 ram and using software could get annoying after a while, especially when the computer works and runs as a stupid 200 mhz...

Best answers
I play and after so long my computer freezesssss it keeps doing this

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I play on a server (dedicated or not) it might crash after, lets say 15 min. Can be way more or less. Not always when transforming. it just freezes up. Soun gets looped and ya can't do anything. Ya entire comp hangs. Not just ESF and ya gotta hardreboot.

so what causes this I dunno cause its just on anytime with any action.

Man.. i'm looking at scandisks much now. :D
I run in openGL. 1024* something. lol
i got a Voodoo3 2000, pentium I 233MMX, 256MB ram

Best answers
My comp does same thing i have Voodoo 3 Intel 600 128 ram Running in open gl 600 to 480 something like that

Best answers
i have ATI 9700 Pro 128 mbs at it crashes occasianally..maybe i should turn off mp3's while playing

ZuL

Best answers
ESF is unplayable on software... sure, it looks decent (tho opengl/d3d looks WAY better) but really, ANYTHING can cause a crash.

Best answers
when i use opengl it works fine but when i exit a ggame my whole computer freezez on the blue background screen that shows the z fiters but there are no buttons to press

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking at some of these posts, I'd say part of the problem is that ppl are trying to get too much juice out of their graphics cards and systems

If you got a voodoo 3 and 128 mb ram, run it in 1024 x 768, it's understandable why it'd freeze up. The card just ain't powerful enough. I've got a voodoo 5 and 256 mb ram and sometimes 1024 X 768 lags me.

The best solution to try is update ALL graphcis drivers that you can. Video card drivers, directx, etc. If you're running a voodoo card, you can use wicked GL to make things run better. This got my PCI card running JKII at 70 fps. Also, try starting with low settings. Details on lowest, and 640 X 480 resolution. If it's stable, slowly step up your graphics. Also, for video card options, set it to maximize FPS. I run my card on fastest antil alisasing. Sure, it doesn't always look as nice, but it plays well.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

-Karrde-

Best answers
My half-live crashed when i try to start or jont a esf game (client.dll made am error or somthing[ITS NOT THE WRONG DLL])

Da mein englisch richtig mies is hier noch mal auf Deutsch:
Immer wenn ich bei esf nen server aufmache oder einem spiel beitreten will schmiert hl ab.(Client.dll hat einen Fehler verursacht.) Woran kann das liegen ,und wenn ihr es wisst,wie kann ich das beheben?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom