info on the dbz live action movie

Best answers
DragonBall: The Movie

Fox have received the rights to DragonBall. And they've got a live action flick already in the works. Fox just purchased the film rights to DragonBall and plans are already under development to create a live-action movie based on the incredibly popular anime series. The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Fox was so keen to snatch up the rights that Fox Filmed Entertainment chairman Jim Gianopulos personally traveled to Japan for a visit with DragonBall creator Akira Toriyama and publisher Shueisha.

As part agreement, Fox and Shueisha have agreed to collaborate on other Shueisha rights. Gianopulos told THR, "Acquiring DragonBall is a major coup for the studio. It's a really great property because it has all the elements that have made great franchises powerful and endearing. It has a long-standing mythology – in this case 15 years – and it's been known by a generation of kids, teens and young adults. There are dozens of characters, fantasy environments and bizarre planets and villains. It's an amazing and creative property, rich in great characters and unique worlds, and we are thrilled to be involved with it." There's no doubt about the popularity of the movie. DragonBall Z is the highest rated show on the Cartoon Network, and according to search engine reports such as Lycos and Yahoo!, "DragonBall" is consistently one of the most often searched for words on the Internet.

DB is huge and Fox hopes to make it even more so. Gianopulos reports they've got "big plans" for the movie franchise. Toriyama seems happy to have his creation adapted for the big screen – and he was probably incredibly well paid, but the financial details of the deal were not revealed. He told the trade, "I have always drawn my manga with the desire to create something unique to comics, something that can only be expressed in the form of comics. I felt that if I didn't do so, the reason for the existence of my comics will become weak. But recent movies have surprised us by entering such territory that used to belong only to comics with wonderful technology and wisdom." DragonBall tells an epic story of good verses evil, and the films will likely follow the same basic plotline as any of the previous DragonBall Z or any of the previous DB incarnations: Goku and friends battle to defend Earth from the Saiyans. Their ultimate weapon in the fight are the Namekian DragonBalls, which give them the power to summon a mighty dragon.

DBZ Movie Possible Character Rolls

Character: Goku
Actor: Robin Shou
Movies: Mortal Kombat I & II

Reason: Robin Shou has always struck the scenematic scene with heroic roles. Always doing what is expected of him to save his friends and doing the right thing at all times. As shown in his role in Mortal Kombat. Making Robin Shou a good choice for Son Goku. Robin Shou could use another good movie to star in, lets give him a shot.

Character: Vegeta
Actor: Jet Li
Movies: The One, Kiss of the Dragon, Romeo Must Die, The Defender,

Reason: The Infamous Jet Li, one of the best martial arts actors ever to hit the big screen. Jet Li would make an excellent Vegeta for many reasons. He's played roles which have had almost the exact attitude persona Vegeta has (the one) and could really make the movie alot more appealing to the viewers.

Character: Gohan
Actor: Keanu Reeves
Movies: The Matrix, Speed 1 & 2

Reason: Keanu Reeves has always played a good role of being a young man trying to find answers with extrodinary powers to explore. If that doesn't explain Gohan to a point, what does? He has a look that could really match Adult Gohan very nicely. Just moose up that hair and we got ourselves an actor!

Character: Trunks
Actor: Chris Klein
Movies: American Pie 1& 2, Rollerball

Reason: Chris Klein could be a great Trunks because he's got that waving hair and pretty boy appeal that Trunks seems to have. His role in roller ball gives it a better basis to make this statement upon. So for Trunks, Chris would most likely do a great job.

These are just some of the characters that might do a good job playing their particular role in the Dragonball Movie

coming soon in 2003 . . .

Best answers
they are just possible it's not sure that they are gonna be there

Best answers
DaMan said:
DragonBall: The Movie

Actor: Chris Klein
Movies: American Pie 1& 2, Rollerball

Reason: Chris Klein could be a great Trunks because he's got that waving hair and pretty boy appeal that Trunks seems to have. His role in roller ball gives it a better basis to make this statement upon. So for Trunks, Chris would most likely do a great job.

coming soon in 2003 . . .
ROFLMFAO

Im sorry, thats just wrong. :no:

Best answers
I don't think I can comprehend how much this movie is going to blow.

Best answers
ROFL, that has to be the biggest load of BS i've heard for in a long time. At least the actors part is, I seriously doubt they would pick Keeanu Reeves for Gohan and Jet Li for Vegeta, rofl..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually think that they would go with a lot of no Names for most of the Roles exept maybe for Goku and Vegeta and Coming in 2003 I seriously doubt it but hey I could be wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah dude...sorry, but the actors part is a load of ass.

The rest is pasted from somewhere, I recognize it...but the actors part is just weak. Sorry.

And "Coming in 2003?" Yeah. Sure. And Bush is an excellent president. lol

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah the actors wont be them..... for a start the movie was ment to start in the namek saga, and unless keanu reaves can pretend to be 7 or 8, i dont think he'll be playing gohan......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know who would fit the Role of Nappa absolutely perfect....
Bill Goldberg :laff:

Oh and the Only character that Keanu Reeves could possible play is
Saiyaman/Mystic Gohan but even then he would still look way too old.

Best answers
Jackie is exelent but i jsut dont see him playing the roll of any1 in a DBZ film

Best answers
hehehehe.... Jack Chan = Actor/Stunt Man/Funny Guy Goku = Funny Guy...

Jcakie and Goku match except that Jackie Chan is an ugly mofo.... :]

Best answers
Character: Vegeta
Actor: Hugh Jackman

Character: Trunks
Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio

:cool:

Those would be my picks, not that I haven't stated this before.

V'

Best answers
Anyone here, know what common sense is? I think not. Anyways, I would HIGHLY doubt this movie will be a spiderman or even better a Jet Li film. Seriously, there's no hope that this movie will succed thats a guarnted fact.At least in my eyes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's bull****. Seen Matrix 2?

They can do what the do in DBZ now in live action...god knows DBZ has generated enough revenue for it's needs...

When Neo was flying to save Trinity and the city was distorting and dragging behind him I thought two things:

1.) "haha, he's lagging up the server with a speedhack"

and then

2.) "SSJ3 style! ROCK ON!!"

The actors will be dumber than dirt. If Jackie Chan is involved in this movie at all it will be disgustingly stupid; I think they need to take a very serious approach to this movie, and not the semi-humorous tactics the show can take. It can be funny but not in cheesy ways.

Either way, every DBZ fan on earth will pay to see it at least once, more than likely...so there's no way it can really actually be a "failure."

jeeze, guys. Have a little faith. It isn't power rangers!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, watch this come from Japan first and then dubbed in English.

Best answers
Keanu should play adult/teen Goten; at the end of DBZ, Goten looked like Keanu from the Bill & Ted movies.

No, I'm serious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom