Increasing pl gain for 1.2.1 melee

Best answers
I thought about this a bit and yes it goes slow now but:

If you gain more pl from melee, beams will never be used anymore.

Then ESF would be even more of a *melee-based* game wont it? o_o

I agree it should give a bit more pl, but then also give the beams a bit more, because if you hit/kill a person in 1 good shot (and if the person is of the same pl) you gain an average of 20k pl.

So the question is how much should it be upgraded and will beams be upgraded as well then?

Best answers
IMO the game is pretty close to being perfectly balanced in those ways, but i wouldn't mind getting a bit more PL from melee. If they do this, it probably won't come into affect untill 1.3

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, even increasing melee PL gain by 20 times wouldn't stop people from using beams.

Melee has never been, and never will be, an instant kill. Beams are.

Beams are easy.

Beams give more powerlevel, per damage, than melee does. Even with the increased powerlevel gain in 1.2.1, it would be at most equal, if anything.

Your fears are unjustified.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Um, even increasing melee PL gain by 20 times wouldn't stop people from using beams.

Melee has never been, and never will be, an instant kill. Beams are.

Beams are easy.

Beams give more powerlevel, per damage, than melee does. Even with the increased powerlevel gain in 1.2.1, it would be at most equal, if anything.

Your fears are unjustified.
True beams will still be used, but nowadays we are all powermongers trying to get pl asap to get ssj asap and then bring some chaos among those players.

So the question is, why use a beam over melee when pl gain is the same?

You said its easy to kill someone with a beam which i think is not true, try to kill a person which is very experienced with this game, i think you rather die trying then end up killing him with a beam.

And in my personal experience its "rare" to see any powerstruggle at all nowadays.

Best answers
I get in power struggles all the time. I think they are neat,

I've rarely been killed by a beam, unless out of a blue moon my enemy actualy makes contact with me and throws me into his teammates spirit bomb, that's pretty much the only way I die from beams - or die at all.

(Unless i'm playing experienced players)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams will still be worth using, you'll still get a lot of Pl from them and they are often insta-gib, I wouldn't worry about it.

Best answers
Only time I use a beam or blast is if I wanna just kill lots of people cause i'm tired of Melee. Beams are more of an annoyance than anything in this game... seems to ruin teh fun, cause people cuss at me when i blow them up. Thats why I think beams need to be revamped.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Vegeta said:
True beams will still be used, but nowadays we are all powermongers trying to get pl asap to get ssj asap and then bring some chaos among those players.

So the question is, why use a beam over melee when pl gain is the same?

You said its easy to kill someone with a beam which i think is not true, try to kill a person which is very experienced with this game, i think you rather die trying then end up killing him with a beam.

And in my personal experience its "rare" to see any powerstruggle at all nowadays.
My, being a very experienced player of this game, have no trouble killing people with beams.

I can decimate a server with beams, or melee.. Beams are faster, because they allow you to fight more then one person at a time--plus, give you chances to very quickly escape via beamjumping, AND with the increased powerlevel gain from beams..

There's no reason to use melee over beams as it is, unless you're playing for fun against people you know are good.

I see no reason to use melee on the majority of players, as the majority of players are newbs who have no idea what they're doing.

The increased powerlevel gain will encourage people to use melee just as much as beams, even if you can't fight 2 people at once.

Best answers
Beams seem pretty worthless to me, unless you're using SBC to spam...

People tend to be moving around so fast and quick, and are SO far away, that beams tend to be worthless.

This seems less so with Kamehameha... but Vegeta's GG seems very week indeed, unless your power level is over a million.

I don't want to see ESF degrade into a constant melee battle... melee is a fun part of the game, but if it's all people are doing to gain PL, then ESF is no longer in the spirit of DBZ... it's a different thing entirely.

-----
Nullzero

Best answers
Well i hope they dont make melee give you any more pl because beams are hardly used anymore and the second u use them the little **** melee people scream beam spammer, melee is much better more entertaining but increasing pl gain from it will make beams redundent and i personaly like use all the powers the character has in a fight and not sticking to melee its alot more fun for me as im not a fan of the new melee so moan on eye lasers/sbcannon are there to use with melee if you can handle them being used with melee in a fight then find a melee only server! (that was my get some things of my chest moans lol dam melee hogs)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beams should be easy to use like in alpha 2.0.. it should NOT be instagib, but instead lowered but made larger and quicker to use

Best answers
imkongkong said:
beams should be easy to use like in alpha 2.0.. it should NOT be instagib, but instead lowered but made larger and quicker to use

I agree the second someone see's/hears u doing a beam they fly/teleport over and melee u and scream beam spammer or something lol. Lower the charge time and also give krillian a small spirit bomb lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
krillin shouldnt be given a small spirit bomb.. it should be goku can give his earth spirit bomb to someone

Best answers
krillin is one wacko-ly powerful if using beams, so small sb is WAY over the balance limit.
and dont worry, if you want, i'll beam spam the **** outta you.

Best answers
Krillin shouldn't get a spirit bomb as a matter of principal, he can't make one! The only time he ever gets it is because goku gives it to him, and even then he misses :laff:

Best answers
I think the biggest problem of this game is, that not all players want the same.
What I mean is: some players just want to melee, and find it very irritating when a beam gets blown up in their face which is an instant dead.
Others players only want to use beams and they find it irritating when they get smacked up by some other guy that belongs to the first catagory.
Just tell me if I'm wrong :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom