IMPORTANT MODELING NEWS! Maya FREE!

Best answers
Alias Systems: Maya Personal Learning Edition 5 Now Available for Free Download
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 15, 2003--Alias Systems, a Silicon Graphics Inc. (NYSE: SGI) company, announced today that the highly anticipated Maya Personal Learning Edition(TM) 5 software is now available for free download from www.alias.com/mayaple. Maya Personal Learning Edition 5 offers almost every feature found in the full commercial version of Maya Complete(TM) 5 including an industry-leading set of modeling, animation, rendering and effects tools.
Alias is a leader in providing free non-commercial use software to the 3D community. The Maya Personal Learning Edition software program, first announced in January 2002, brought the 3D tool widely used in feature films and the game development industry to the masses. To date, more than half a million 3D enthusiasts and professionals around the world have downloaded Maya Personal Learning Edition.

GET IT HERE!

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awesome! thanks j00

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
didnt this version of maya ship with UTK3?, or am i mistaken

Best answers
Yes, but it was a trial version. I had no idea what it actually did. I might give it a shot.

Best answers
This is actually smart of them. More people get addicted to it this way, and that way they might make more cash than they currently are makin .

Best answers
Akhkaru said:
d/lin right now :)
Well, I have it now, it's really...... freaky. It's cool though. I made a cool lookin alien space ship on it already, so it's all good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
akhkaru.. that thing.. in urs sig... it knows my ip address... and windows version... and isp... how do it know all that stuff?

Best answers
thx for the info darksun am downloading it now^_^ (to bad i have a dail up connection lol its going to take foreverrrrrr)
thx!

*EDIT*never mind i cant download it with a download manager>_< so i cant download it(because i get dissconnected ever 2 hour>_<)
but thx anyways!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, damn milkshape, damn it to hell, i spent so long getting used to it,

maya looks awesome, but i cant figure crap out, heh,
i dont know if i wanna risk forgetting what i know now to learn a new program, and end up being crap at that

Best answers
I'm D/L'ing it right now
I was just getting used to ms3d, but I think this will be great too
if you don't know how to work with maya (like me) you can get some tutorials at their site, I think, not sure though...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man said:
akhkaru.. that thing.. in urs sig... it knows my ip address... and windows version... and isp... how do it know all that stuff?
Heh, i fell for it 2 icy. It displays the ip of people that see it, if i browse this thread i see my own ip and stuff.

Best answers
meh you get it free with UT2k3 so ive had it for quite a while.

Best answers
AHHHH **** WINDOWS ME!!!!!!!!!

Oh well i'm wondering is this the progy that pixar uses for finding nemo and toy story or is that some other high end company made thing?

Best answers
This is the Industry standard for high-end 3D modeling. They free version doesn't have ALL the features, but it has the vast majority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom