Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not realy i just watch the cartoon

• nooo! it sucks dragonball z sucks ass

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
who thinks that dragonball z rocks please tell me and who think that dragonball z sucks

Best answers
just watched ther show, not really my fav. Anime
why? in germany every 10 year old child is buying DBZ stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't like the way people associated DBZ with a little kid thing, on the basis that it's animated.
Little kids watch it, but they just like it for the fighting, and there's so much more to it than that.

Best answers
DBZ is THE best show ever made, at least imo...
i have a mental thinking of a 6 years old kid when it comes to toys, tv shows, movies, games and all that. that part of my mind didnt grow....i guess instead of that part growing...well, i guess that's y i got a long and thick *PEEEEEEEP!!*
i like it for the fighting too, but no just that. im more into it for the plot. its realy cool and the whole show...its gr8!

oh yeah...im a fanatic when it comes to DBZ! it is my life (something has to b my life right??)

Best answers
yer and there making a movie on it as well
if done correctly a director who has seen the series and nos what he is doing could actualy pull this live action movie off without making it look stupid

Best answers
Hello.

Firstly I think this thread is in the wrong place, but anyways.

DBZ is pretty good. But not the best by any strech of the imagination.

GO watch Berserk,Hellsing,Cowboy bebop etc.

I presonally think Akria's idea's after Cell Saga = Taking notes from 12 year olds, DRUNK 12 year olds.

END.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont really like it that much, im 18 now, i said watching it when i was like 15-16 or something, got in too better animes, i still watch it now days tho, since its showing the kid buu saga on tv, soo im gonna see the last episodes on dbz...at last

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
notice how he said "bot really I still watch the cartoon" well somthing like that. Its not a cartoon tis anime.

Anywas I think it sucks.

Best answers
DBZ is a great show with probably the worst ending of any show ever. The Buu Saga was a total disgrace. If I was Toriyama I would start a new series DBZ 2 or something starting right after the Cel Games or something cuz the Buu Saga sucked ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a know fact dbz sucks compared to the thousands of better animes out there

Best answers
DBZ is a good show in my opinion, in most people's views it sucks, and thats true on a lot of occasions, but for all the other Anime, most of which I haven't seen, I will always hold DBZ high in the ranks of what i consider the best animes, its definetly not the best, and DBGT was a complete disgrace, but DBZ is pretty good.

I voted for the second option, i like the show but in no way is it my life lol

Best answers
I'd like to know why the show sux. I mean your reasons are most likely practicle but I'm just curious what are the things that make it suck. Pretty ironic how someone can say a series suc but have characters from the show in their sig and avatar. See Hibiki is practicle, you dont see him saying dbz sux and then have pics of it in his sig.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
I'd like to know why the show sux. I mean your reasons are most likely practicle but I'm just curious what are the things that make it suck. Pretty ironic how someone can say a series suc but have characters from the show in their sig and avatar. See Hibiki is practicle, you dont see him saying dbz sux and then have pics of it in his sig.
i can explain the sig, i was making it for someone else, but then i said: "hey that looks pretty good!" so i kept it, and jjsut to let u know, i am in the process of making a new, non dbz sig with the same style

edit: Ha! my sig isnt dbz n e more!!! Ha!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dbz sucks for these reasons:
1. no story what so ever
2. it drags on and on and on
3. its the same thing every show
4. it sucks compared to the other animes out there

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never really liked it that much... I simply liked the concept of fighting using only yourself. And don't say that its ironic cause of my forum screen name, I just wanted something themed in the same way the mod was.

I agree, tho, there are a LOT of awesome anime series' out there...no competition.

Best answers
I can only agree with 2 and 4. #2 cuz it sort of does drag on. They could have finishes the series probably 50-70 episodes shorter. and #4 basically becuz I have never seen any other "animes".

I'd have to say though it does have a story line, and thats hald the reason I like it. Its all about CHarle's Darwin's theory of evolution. Survival of the fittest and through outt he series the Z fighters compete with not only each other for strength but evil foes. Its not the same thing every show, that I can't agree with at all but is ur own opinion.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always loved hand to hand martial arts without the aid of equipment, and I like the whole martial arts using your natural energies thing... and that's about it.

DBZ had some interesting characters, but no real story worth discussing. "Oh no! A powerful alien who wants to fight us using martial arts for some reason is going to destroy the world!" Alright, it gets old. Radits... Freeza... Vegeta... Cell (ok he was a robot, big difference). Buu was a big magical glob of goo that also used martial arts for no apparent reason. I think the "cool" factor started to die down after the first SSj, when most of the characters began to get useless and were slowly filtered out of the show. Goku is a horrible character, he's ignorant and stubborn. He always saves the day even though he makes retarded decisions like giving Vegeta and Cell sensu beans... sure, it didn't change things very much, but he just isn't a very bright one. Vegita is smart, but his personality is all over the place. Sometimes he's a coward, like when he cried in movie 8 about Brolli, and sometimes he's stubborn on an equally retarded level (like against Kid buu). Piccolo likes to yell a lot and makes the other characters look bad... Most of them are just empty shells though.

The dragonballs are what really killed the series though. No matter who killed whom or destroyed what, it started all over in the end because somebody wished it so. How boring is that? "Oh my god! He killed Piccolo!" "No not really. They just wished him back." "Oh... damn, can they do that whenever they want?" "Pretty much." I mean it's like playing with gameshark. Look at how they beat Kid Buu.

All in all I'd have to rate Sailor Moon as a higher quality of anime than Dragonball Z and I couldn't even start the 3rd season of that. DBZ lacked sufficient drama and humor to really be considered one of the top animes of all time... even when the good guys got really mad, you couldn't really relate. I mean sure, seeing your bald headed friend get blown up in mid air would piss you off (assuming you weren't charged up with a gameshark called The Eternal Dragon), but it really isn't a very sinister thing to do. Most animes have a way of really drawing the emotion out of you... like... (bad example off the top of my head) that villain from Sailor Moon that fell in love with Molly. What's-his-name. This is really off on a tangent... but... anyone remember that? He and Molly became so close, and at the end he was hunted down by his own kind. Molly had to watch him pass away, as she tugged desperately at the poison vines piercing his chest. He was a villain, and yet he had a heart, and he was willing to sacrifice himself for this seemingly worthless girl. He said his goodbyes and dissapeered, leaving her crushed the viewer in awe. THAT's emotional... not finding the arm-less Gohan laying dead in a puddle of water.

Anyway, I just didn't find it very appealing. It was fun to watch at the time, but I wouldn't sit through that mindlessness again. It was just a big string of overpowered WWF matches.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all the show is about is badguy after badguy after badguy thretening to destroy some planet! and each of the "most powerful badguys" are more powerful than the lasT!!!! i mean c'mon! and then goku does somthing drastic (sp?) to save the day once more

Users who are viewing this thread