I shook God's hand today...

sub

Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Discord Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
5,948
Best answers
0
~*Logan*~ said:
You mean send him a hatemail which he'll go out of his way to find a flaw in it and horribly exploit it, completely ignoring the meaning behind the hatemail?

Admit it. If anyone else was this much of an *******, regardless of how smart they were, you'd call them arrogant too. I'd be banned from this forum if I acted the way he did.

Hell. Look at what happened to Zeonix...

Edit - THAT'S Maddox?! For someone who talks about being the best guy ever... sheesh he looks like Vin Deisel's younger brother that lives in the attic.


Anyway I'm done. I've stated my opinions. I do not care for Maddox or anything he says or does, and I highly doubt anyone's going to sway me otherwise.

Like I said. You want rants and satire on events without all that "I'm better than you" attitude? Go watch Foamy the Squirrel.
Must you take crackshots at Zeonix while he's not here to defend himself? I swear, you insult him in every other post. Zeonix was banned for posting in a thread he had been told not to post in a minute before. It wasn't because he was arrogant. If arrogance is something to ban people for, you would have been banned a long time ago.

But hey, it's ok, little buddy. Cry on my shoulder. I'll always be here for you, babe.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
Ok... let's get back on topic: Awing at a book signing.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
1,659
Best answers
0
sub, i know your trying to help, but please leave that to the administration =]

lets try and not insult each other on a personal level (looking at dpred).

logan, keep it up and youll be on the highway out of here.
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
515
Best answers
0
On a sidenote.. Am I the only one who finds it weird that there are girls that own a copy of a book about manliness? o_-

Ofcourse, I don't really know what the book is about, but still..
 
Member
Discord Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
282
Best answers
0
Kimfu said:
On a sidenote.. Am I the only one who finds it weird that there are girls that own a copy of a book about manliness? o_-

Ofcourse, I don't really know what the book is about, but still..
If you see it from that perspective, then it would also be weird for people with glasses and braces, and children (people below 18) and so on to buy it, remember it's just a comedy satire book, it's not ment to be serious.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
2,725
Best answers
0
Well, as the book says, "This book is only for men in the same sense that lesbian porn sites on the Internet are only for women."
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
I'm still not following this...

Who is Maddox again? Why is he really popular?

I apologize, I just don't get it. He just seems like just some normal guy making a living through the use of comedy with everyday things and events.
 
Member
Discord Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
282
Best answers
0
MC said:
I'm still not following this...

Who is Maddox again? Why is he really popular?

I apologize, I just don't get it. He just seems like just some normal guy making a living through the use of comedy with everyday things and events.
Maddox is the owner and operator of http://maddox.xmission.com/

Read some of his articles, and you might understand his popularity if not, you're probably not manly enough.
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
I'm reading through some of his stuff... not too bad, pretty funny stuff.

What's with the large following though, that's what I don't understand.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
★ Black Lounger ★
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
What i figure is people who accustomed to some kind of internet existance look up to him for his balls to say the things we all think but dont say. Plus the typical internet/forum fiend likes to think they can look down upon everyone on the net as being beneath them, maddox's writting style is a complete manifestation of this way of thinking.
 
Member
Discord Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
282
Best answers
0
MC said:
I'm reading through some of his stuff... not too bad, pretty funny stuff.

What's with the large following though, that's what I don't understand.
Yeah, well, I don't understand why Religions have such a large following, takes one to know I guess.
 

L

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
1,069
Best answers
0
jp said:
:p people can be so serious.

I just laugh about what he writes, its just too damn funny.
DavidSki > Maddox.
ESF (Video Game) > Person who complains a lot(Maddox).

Oh and for shaking 'gods' hand, thumbs up for speaking to him for about a minute.
E-Penis +1?...
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
814
Best answers
0
MC said:
I'm reading through some of his stuff... not too bad, pretty funny stuff.

What's with the large following though, that's what I don't understand.
His older articles were insanely genius, and his popularity spread entirely word of mouth. His site became extremely popular, one of the top 10,000 visited sites on the internet. He's never paid money for advertising, and has never had any ads on his site.

His style of writing and choice of subjects were always funny and intriguing, as were his verbal berations of people who sent him hatemail. Classic site in the history of the internet.
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Kurt` said:
His older articles were insanely genius, and his popularity spread entirely word of mouth. His site became extremely popular, one of the top 10,000 visited sites on the internet. He's never paid money for advertising, and has never had any ads on his site.

His style of writing and choice of subjects were always funny and intriguing, as were his verbal berations of people who sent him hatemail. Classic site in the history of the internet.
Ah, I see. Alright, sorry for the trouble guys.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
2,490
Best answers
0
To simplify, it's just a guy yelling about stuff. The Internet's version of George Carlin, if you will.

As a testament to his apparent greatness, he had a book signing in a store I regularly visit and didn't hear anything about it, or his signing. But I don't pay much attention to that kind of thing anyhow.

I haven't been to his site in years. I don't remember anything particularly impressing me; he always just struck me as a guy like any one of us, writing rants. Maybe I should go look at it again with some more perspective. Me personally, I had written the site off as the next 'All your base' fad and called it even, when he first popped up.
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2005
Messages
27
Best answers
0
Foamy owns him because Foamy has squirly wrath!
And if this guys over-pumped ego was suposed thu make a smile on my face it failed.
 

jp

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
1,561
Best answers
0
Fatal_CobraX said:
DavidSki > Maddox.
ESF (Video Game) > Person who complains a lot(Maddox).
And.

Your point is?
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
814
Best answers
0
He doesn't have a point, he's just trying to troll along with davidskiwhateverhisnameis
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
★ Black Lounger ★
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
Kurt` said:
He doesn't have a point, he's just trying to troll along with davidskiwhateverhisnameis
please dont refer to me as a troll :'(

lets remember children, nobody's better than anyone <3
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Nov 4, 2003
Messages
47
Best answers
0
Davidskiwan said:
Plus the typical internet/forum fiend likes to think they can look down upon everyone on the net as being beneath them, maddox's writting style is a complete manifestation of this way of thinking.
But it's cool to look down upon others, specially when they have a funny and popular website and we don't -.-~
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top