I shook God's hand today...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Tassadar said:
By the way, have you read it? Is it good?
Yeah, I read it like 4 weeks ago when Amazon shipped it. !_!

It's very good, definitely worth picking up.

I felt kind of weird walking into such an enormous bookstore (that Borders had taken over some government building I believe) with a book. Then walking back out with the same book lol. No security alarms went off, and I was non-chalant about it, so it was cool I guess.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
* Getting lost due to crappy directions from Google Maps was very ungnarly.
* Pulling into a garage before I noticed the sign that said "Valet Parking" and racking up $33 in parking fees was lame.
"Boston, you're my home!"

Getting lost wasn't Google's fault. Boston's roads change on a weekly basis thanks to the big dig.

The parking is entirely the fault of the Red Sox and our fat pig of a mayor (who is also responsible for the perpetual road repairs and rerouting). There was recently an article in one of my newspapers about a place that charged 90 bucks to park near Fenway during the Sox/Yanks series.

Good thing you didn't go near there.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
There was recently an article in one of my newspapers about a place that charged 90 bucks to park near Fenway during the Sox/Yanks series.
Holy ass-gas batman. o_O That's some damn expensive parking...

I've heard of Maddox but never actually read any of his articles...I shall have to examine some. :p

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Nobody lives in that much ignorance! Were you suprised byt the sun this morning, by any chance?
Sure they do. If you are gonna bash me (and I know you dont ever get sick of it) then you might as well bash MC also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maddox is an overrated internet fad that's only popular because....because....

Hell, I can't think of a single reason why he's popular at all.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Maddox is an overrated internet fad that's only popular because....because....

Hell, I can't think of a single reason why he's popular at all.
He's popular because you try to be different than everyone else (keyword: try, which makes you not different) so you choose to dislike him

Read some of his articles they're funny. like the steaming pile of sith made me laugh my ass off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
He's popular because you try to be different than everyone else (keyword: try, which makes you not different) so you choose to dislike him

Read some of his articles they're funny. like the steaming pile of sith made me laugh my ass off.
No I've known about him since 2004 and I have read his articles. On a forum I was a part of long before I became active here, Maddox-related topics were made to talk about how great he was.

When I read his articles, all I see is someone who is compensating for something. Not to mention he has such a big ego. He names his site "The Best Page in the Universe" for god's sake... If he wants to rant about things, thats all well and good. I fond some rants that are truthful to be quite funny. It's his overly-inflated ego that turns me away from him.

Foamy > Maddox

Edit - I'd also like to add that further proof that his ego is beyong measure to irritating standards is what's written near the top of his website. "This page is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find on this page, you are wrong." Yeah. Maddox is overrated.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt, there's only one thing I can say:

<div style = "font-size: 3em; text-decoration: blink">O/</div>

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Edit - I'd also like to add that further proof that his ego is beyong measure to irritating standards is what's written near the top of his website. "This page is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find on this page, you are wrong." Yeah. Maddox is overrated.
lol I seriously hope you're joking

On the flyleaf of the book, it says:

"To the love of my life, my soul mate, and the greatest person in the world: Me"

It's part of his gimmick, he tries to piss you off, and if you're one of the insecure, judgmental, or quasi-religious types, it seems to work (as far as I've seen anyways). Once you look past the gimmicks, he's actually a brilliant writer.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, southpark is more satirical than Maddox, infact southpark has much more relevant and intellegent observations on society too. To me maddox seems to always point out the blatently obvious, he exaggerates and antagonises, which isnt really hard, the easiest thing in the world is to be a critic. I mean, yes, he has some funny points, but those points that ive read in his articles are quite obvious, and ive found myself thinking the same things before hand, its not like he's got anything new to say to me. If his points are new to you, im feel sorry, no wait; scared, that he is capable of broadening your horrizons. He's no more original than a million other people before him throughout history, if anything he's just more crude and up to date.

However, as it always is, its a question of taste, personally, he just doesnt do it for me. Thats my view anyway.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Heh, southpark is more satirical than Maddox, infact southpark has much more relevant and intellegent observations on society too. To me maddox seems to always point out the blatently obvious, he exaggerates and antagonises, which isnt really hard, the easiest thing in the world is to be a critic. I mean, yes, he has some funny points, but those points that ive read in his articles are quite obvious, and ive found myself thinking the same things before hand, its not like he's got anything new to say to me. If his points are new to you, im feel sorry, no wait; scared, that he is capable of broadening your horrizons. He's no more original than a million other people before him throughout history, if anything he's just more crude and up to date.

However, as it always is, its a question of taste, personally, he just doesnt do it for me. Thats my view anyway.
:p people can be so serious.

I just laugh about what he writes, its just too damn funny.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I like sarcastic humor, but Maddox seems to me a bit lame, an attention whore.

He is/was moaning about things we already know and , like GTA/sex video game article(I just wanted a videogame...etc), which is a bit cliche.

It could be also because somethings I cant relate to, like Idaho sucks article.

Anyway, Maddox is overrated, his aditude of, I'm-the-best-in-the-world,-I-hate-everything,-please-flame-me-for-it,-so-I-make-you-look-stupid has been done before.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He named his site "The Best Page in the Universe" becaues at the time, Yahoo wouldn't show any results for anything named "The best page ..." Maddox saw this and decided to name his page "The best in the Universe" in spite of Yahoo. If you type in "The best Page" in yahoo right now, he comes up first.

I read that either on his site or a fansite linked on his site.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X_X Damn, I really thought you shook gods hand...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
send him some hatemail, please x
You mean send him a hatemail which he'll go out of his way to find a flaw in it and horribly exploit it, completely ignoring the meaning behind the hatemail?

Admit it. If anyone else was this much of an *******, regardless of how smart they were, you'd call them arrogant too. I'd be banned from this forum if I acted the way he did.

Hell. Look at what happened to Zeonix...

Edit - THAT'S Maddox?! For someone who talks about being the best guy ever... sheesh he looks like Vin Deisel's younger brother that lives in the attic.

Anyway I'm done. I've stated my opinions. I do not care for Maddox or anything he says or does, and I highly doubt anyone's going to sway me otherwise.

Like I said. You want rants and satire on events without all that "I'm better than you" attitude? Go watch Foamy the Squirrel.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
You mean send him a hatemail which he'll go out of his way to find a flaw in it and horribly exploit it, completely ignoring the meaning behind the hatemail?

Admit it. If anyone else was this much of an *******, regardless of how smart they were, you'd call them arrogant too. I'd be banned from this forum if I acted the way he did.

Hell. Look at what happened to Zeonix...

Edit - THAT'S Maddox?! For someone who talks about being the best guy ever, he sure is ugly as sin.

Anyway I'm done. I've stated my opinions. I do not care for Maddox or anything he says or does, and I highly doubt anyone's going to sway me otherwise.

Like I said. You want rants and satire on events without all that "I'm better than you" attitude? Go watch Foamy the Squirrel.
lol raged o/

🍂 Regular
Best answers
rifk

Be careful Kurt you might offend Logan, and he might start to cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom