I hate this type of attention getting

Best answers
You're really not wanted here. If you guys don't like these kinds of threads then don't post in them. It's that simple.

Anyway... it sounds like your friend is pretty much reaching out for help. As much as it might feel like it'd help, smacking him up will do little to help any of his emotional problems. If the guy's 21 like you said and still living with his dad, you should try throwing out suggestions to him like finding a job and moving into a small apartment. If he hates his dad so much, that seems like a reasonable course of action. Try to get him to some counseling too.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're really not wanted here. If you guys don't like these kinds of threads then don't post in them. It's that simple.

Anyway... it sounds like your friend is pretty much reaching out for help. As much as it might feel like it'd help, smacking him up will do little to help any of his emotional problems. If the guy's 21 like you said and still living with his dad, you should try throwing out suggestions to him like finding a job and moving into a small apartment. If he hates his dad so much, that seems like a reasonable course of action. Try to get him to some counseling too.
Might be difficult to do if he's going to college. Prices for apartments in the city and in the boroughs aren't exactly cheap, so he'd probably have to be either working full-time or selling drugs if he wants to be able to afford the rent and utilities.

The problem with his situation is if his anger or whatever emotion he feels most strongly originates with his father, it's kinda hard to completely avoid the person. He could just stop talking to that person, and that might actually work, but I don't know how far he'd be willing to go to get peace of mind.

Threatening to kill yourself is pretty far out there, so he might not have problems breaking off relations with this father after all.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Everyone has a way of trying to get attention when they need help, Thus logically this is his way, Get a professional to talk to him, Get him doing activites that he enjoys doing, something hat requires excercise, As you know Exercise creates endorphins and endorphins make a happy!
Still, If the family is violent, Maybe him moving away from home may be the best of cases, as it were for me.
Because you know him best, you need o be sympathetic, Spend time, Give him attention, If you don't feel like putting up with it, just pretend you do.... Its alot better than the alternative! Seriously! One day he may calm down And the table may turn, and you may need his help, you never know!

Best answers
Situation is more under control now...he is a college drop out, can't hold a job and he hates activities minus reading sci fi books. He isn't the smartest kid in the world and he thinks everything revolves around how many weapons you can hold onto in your pocket and stealing. he is a bad egg that needs to cracked...that is his problem

Best answers
Corefinder. No. Look me. No, I said look at me. In the eyes, Core.

What you just said is completely retarded. Stop it. Corefinder, Stop it.

That said, do exactly what corefinder told you to do if you're trying to get him to kill himself.
You can solve any problems via beating it up, or beating up the one who causes it, or the victims.
Well lets just beat every one up just to be safe.
And beating up random people could be called "preventing crimes/problems" ie. dooing good.

Any way to be serious for a second.
Some times a good beating is in order, it may bring one back to it sences .... or make things worse.
Not too strongly though, only so it would hurt.

You can solve things with talking, but its takes time.
And well i suppose im not very civilized my self.

(dont worry i wont apear in this topic with another retarded beating comertial. :fight:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if those sorts of attitudes piss you off, why don't you just let him die or **** up his own life ? Let him keep screwing up, just so he can see how deep into trouble he's getting into, hopefully he'll learn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That actually works. Bit of reverse psychology there.. just let them fuck up and visit them in jail. Bring a big cake that says "I told you so!".

People will always find weird ways to get attention. The ones that do actually commit suicide are usually the ones you least expect them to do it. I can fairly safely say that anyone who's shouting "I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF" really means to say "LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE!". The ones that need help are always the ones that are too proud to ask for it. I agree with Galst though. If you tried helping him and he ignores your advice, I'd go ahead and make myself a sandwich. Then you can at least say you've tried. And enjoy your sandwich.

Best answers
Im gonna have to agree with some of the other people here. If you dont like the "OMG I NEED HELP" Threads.... then dont post here. Its that simple.

I remember when i had my spheal with that girl, and posted here (and got made fun of for it :/ ) But sometimes you need someone to talk to... and there are over 20,000 people on this forum (even tho most are inactive). Chances are one of them are gonna give some advice to help you out.

Really, if its bothering you so bad that you need to post about it in a public forum where it can be read by anyone. Then chances are, you need some advice and help, and you are desperate to speak to someone about it.

Im done, thats my opinion on all of this.

@Rayos - Its not the best resolution to your problem... but atleast he's safe.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just curious, not trying to be a smartass, but if he is a bad egg, why is he your friend? Does he realize the things you just said about him? Does he care? If he doesn't, that falls under mental disorders.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just curious, not trying to be a smartass, but if he is a bad egg, why is he your friend? Does he realize the things you just said about him? Does he care? If he doesn't, that falls under mental disorders.
Even bad egg's need friends.
Eventually, he'll get it together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom