i hate steam so much

Best answers
after i downloaded the oh so fixed v.01 of steam i installed it en i did the thing to transfer my half-life and stuf to steam it said somthing moving to steam cache and a status bar and after like 2 hours the damn thing havent moved. ok i close it and try again, i get the normal thing and then i want to play CS and i have everything about counterstrike but i stil have to download it and esf and all my mods too so i did the CS thing , the stupid thing froze again ;/ steam is yust a bunch of worthless ****(sorry) what in gods name was valve thinking

here is a petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/nosteam/petition.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Say no to steam!! SIGN THE PETITION!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a petition? O_O Where?

Best answers
GRRRRR i instalt(sp) it again and now its updating and its already 20 minutes and only 5% is done and i have cable

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is not the evil, It is the completely STUPID AND F***ING IDIOTIC WAY THEY RELEASED IT!

Did you know that they did NOT increase the number of servers they had in the beta?

EDIT:BTW I did sign the petition. I think i was annonymous.

EDIT2:I hate CS more than I hate Satan himself, so half of my doesn't care.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for one, Steam is very unstable, crashing, freezing, locking up and blah, secondly, the extremely annoying 400mb cache file? Gimme a break! Thirdly, it is extremely unfair to the people with 56k and ISDN that PAID!!! PAID I tell you for their copy of Half-Life and can no longer play... for shame...

I mean, Steam is great for things like automatic patching and updates, but I mean, it would be so much better if it were optional, Valve just screwed over so many people.

I've also heard that custom models will no longer be supported...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well thats cause of the way steam does things but yes i see no way at all to use a custom model with steam

Best answers
Yup, steam sucks! :/ look the servers are blazin fast! i mean..man! unexplainable! (Makes me go over my cap!)

Best answers
:eek: i got my hl and cs werking although i didnt want cs -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have finally done something RIGHT. Valve has released a new Client with the CS and HL data included. Bad for 56kers, but definitely better.

Best answers
Hopefully they don't make us use steam. At least not utill it is faster and more reliable.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Actually...it will probably end up with us having to use steam...since WON = bye bye :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should p[atch it back to the Beta, which I heard was BETTER THAN THE FINAL VERSION.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam has ALWAYS sucked for me. Can't install Versioin 1.0 (haven't tried the big cache download yet that was just posted), and the betas wouldn't show a vgui cursor for Voodoo card users. It's a POS and only seems to work on higher end computers, not to mention the massive pain in the ass it is for 56kers (thank god I have 2M cable).

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I play CS 1.6, I get 2 FPS. When I play 1.5, I get 100. Coincidence?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a high end machine and it's giving me ALOT of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom