i hate steam so much

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't do anything with it. It doesn't update for me when it says it is updating, hours just go by without a bar on the screen. It couldn't even create a damn account for me, it just said "connection was reset by peer" and that I timed out.

My system is pretty damn powerful but it can't even copy files from my god damn half life folder into the steam folder in half of the time that I could do it manually. This thing is slow...

Best answers
Alright let's see here. If you don't want Counter-Strike open up the "Games" menu and rightclick on Counterstrike goto Properties and near the bottom you should see a button "Delete Local Game Content" and there you go.

As for the horrible first day or two, the blame is the amount of people worldwide getting it at once, the 3 or so servers hosting this stuff, and not releasing Steam with HL and CS cache files.

Just give it a couple days and things should start running smoothly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It worked. It actually Worked.....I can't beleive it. I've already gotten NS to work on it, now I'll try TS.

Best answers
After many hours I finally got CS installed on steam but then I kept timing out and now I can't even log in.

Apparently steam is down for the entire world because I am pretty sure my internet is working. Yep, pretty sure.

Best answers
Far as I'm concerned, anyone who downloads Steam after all that's been said about it deserves what they get.

Best answers
Well you must not be very highly concerned because thw WON servers are going to be shut down soon enough.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) There is (0) evidence to support WON closing in the near future.

2.) Steam isn't nearly as bad once you actually get it working and connect to a game like Natural Selection. I would say it is an improvement as a matter of fact, and a big one. The problem lies in both connecting and retrieving updates from Steam, and connecting to servers through Steam, both of which are incredibly slow processes which need to be hammered on.

Best answers
1. Everyone knows Steams is replacing WON, I wouldn't be surprised if it were completely replaced by the time of HL2.

2. The problem is you hardly anyone can get it working.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would they hsut down WON? somthing happen I missed?

Best answers
Yup its going down ... we have to d/l like 500 mb ... awsome ... and I have 56K FFS

Steam also has the min requirmints(sp?) of 400 mhz and 64 ram ... HL HAS HALF THAT ... this will discriminate ppl with crap comps ... I even heard of ppl finding spyware in steam ... Its a big mistake valve is doing :( :no:

HORRAY for steam !!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The spyware is a myth, WON is closing but not for at least two weeks, and no offense, but Half Life is a 1997/1998 game. It's almost 2004. Anyone with a 6 year old computer has a more powerful system than Half Life's reccomended system requirements, which should be somewhere around Steam's minimum requirements. I see nothing wrong with Steam requiring users to update from 8 year old comps to 5 or 6 year old comps for the additional features.

Best answers
Ergh, wait, if WON goes down, does that mean everyone needs Steam, even for MODs? So... we'll have to play ESF over Steam?

Best answers
Yes, everything over Steam. And I love that picture WC, hilarious!

I've finally gotten Steam to work and CS 1.6 kicks ass!

Steam is really going to be hell for the first few months but there is no way they are going to go back to WON now.

Best answers
I'll dl steam whenever I'm forced to when playing ESF. So far so good, havn't had any difficulties. Just don't hope it's as bad as people say it is.

Best answers
damn, This sucks. that means I have to update my computer with more gigs... And I don't have the money for that. Damn it Valve. Might as well get a new computer. Gotta download Steam so I can beat the rush once WON goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom